Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

I’m sorry that you couldn’t find any intelligent thought on CoachT. If you read enough threads, one will pop up on an occasion. It’s true but it’s rare and you have to be on your toes to find it.

CoachT rule: If a post is going to be intelligent, you must start the thread with “This is an intelligent post.”

I don’t understand why you are being so critical of the lack of intelligent thought on CoachT. I see were you just joined and added nothing to the intelligent thought process in your post.

I can spot an intelligent post in a heart beat. How you ask? My posts are generally unintelligent which makes it easy for me to spot an intelligent one. Also, intelligent post gets no response from the readers. One of my favorite ones is the “BUMP”. :lol:

Well its encouraging to know that you admit your comments are unintelligent and might I add make no sense what so ever. And if I might add I thought my comments were most insightful and dead on. And by the way I have been coming on here all season just never had the urge to post until I kept reading over and over and over about how bad the Raptor students were treated. The fact of the matter is I have had the pleasure of being at a game with your little perfect raptor student fans and I can assure you they are no angels and are every bit as bad as Smyrnas. Take your blinders off and please Raptor parents get off your high horse your kids are no better than any other school its just a fact.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna stinks, Crouch stinks. Josh is a B****, Kill Sonny. These are a few of the pre- game chants from the Ravenwood Student section. I was there. I heard it. Smyrna simply got its hat pointed to the S on the helmet and cheered toward the Ravenwood students. You tell me which is more classless. You lost, get over it, quit whining. To the Ravenwood players and coaches. You handled yourselves like winners. My comments are only for your fans who are crying. Good Luck next year.

Hey Mc cowboy didnt you know the raptor students are perfect angels and do no wrong. Why you must be mistaken or hearing things. Or how did one poster put it "they didn't really mean kill him" " its just in the fun of the game" face it Raptors can dish it but they cant take it.

The comment below is not about whining. It is about the future possibilities and believe me, what other teams do, others emulate. It could seriously be coming your way in the future.

Example:

New tradition for High School Football for 2007: No lining up to congratulate opposing teams. Win or lose, charge the opposing team fans after the game and let them know what you think of them. What’s good for one is good for all. Why stop there, basketball, soccer, baseball, and other sports can get involved too.

If it’s OK in the top championship game, why not allowed in other games? Why stop there, get the metal detectors out and get patted down. This way the official can make sure it is going to be a clean free-for-all. Home teams will need to hire more security to cover the possibility of the free-for-all. The hiring of more security will hurt the smaller teams because they cannot afford the extra expense for security, causing the elimination of sports in high school altogether.

Summary:

If it was not for the lack of field access and security at MTSU stadium, this could have easily turned out to be out of control and real bad for high school sports as we know it. What is going to prevent this future in the local home stadium where field access is easy and the security is light? I don’t have an answer once an action is acknowledged to be permissible.

One thing I do know, there is no excuses for idiot fans to incite the players on the field as well as idiot football players to incite the idiot fans. No one wins here and I’m ashamed of all involved.

The comment below is not about whining. It is about the future possibilities and believe me, what other teams do, others emulate. It could seriously be coming your way in the future.

Example:

New tradition for High School Football for 2007: No lining up to congratulate opposing teams. Win or lose, charge the opposing team fans after the game and let them know what you think of them. What’s good for one is good for all. Why stop there, basketball, soccer, baseball, and other sports can get involved too.

If it’s OK in the top championship game, why not allowed in other games? Why stop there, get the metal detectors out and get patted down. This way the official can make sure it is going to be a clean free-for-all. Home teams will need to hire more security to cover the possibility of the free-for-all. The hiring of more security will hurt the smaller teams because they cannot afford the extra expense for security, causing the elimination of sports in high school altogether.

Summary:

If it was not for the lack of field access and security at MTSU stadium, this could have easily turned out to be out of control and real bad for high school sports as we know it. What is going to prevent this future in the local home stadium where field access is easy and the security is light? I don’t have an answer once an action is acknowledged to be permissible.

One thing I do know, there is no excuses for idiot fans to incite the players on the field as well as idiot football players to incite the idiot fans. No one wins here and I’m ashamed of all involved.

You wine like a little girl how many times are you going to get on here and wine about this I mean no matter what you say we won.. thats it no if, ands or buts about it.. To be real you sound like a girl.. I can tell your from Ravebwood when something doesn;t go you way and you can't handle it with money you CRY!!!!

You wine like a little girl how many times are you going to get on here and wine about this I mean no matter what you say we won.. thats it no if, ands or buts about it.. To be real you sound like a girl.. I can tell your from Ravebwood when something doesn;t go you way and you can't handle it with money you CRY!!!!

Your ignorance is in your writing and being able to read to understand the thought discussion process. I pity you.

Ok everyone just calm down please. This is getting way too ridiculous.

Ravenwood Fans:

Please, please stop posting these terrible comments. I know it is hard to lose this one, coming so close and to lose it, I know. Trust me, I play for Ravenwood, and it is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. But they beat us fair and square. There is no if ands or buts about it. Do I think the officiating was a little bit favored towards Smyrna? Maybe, but it is not like we havnt had home-cooking before. Do I think that other than two fumbles, Smyrna played an almost perfect game, as well as catching almost every break? Possibly, but teams create their own luck. Do I think the Smyrna players were showing terrible sportsmanship after the game? Yes, but we have to understand we have some of the cruelest fans in the state, joking or not,so it is a bit understandable when they did that. Did the Ravenwood players ever show any bad sportsmanship on the field on Sat night. From my knowledge no, but I could be wrong. Am I proud of what my team has accomplished? Yes, could not be more proud of whatt this team had done. After starting off 1-3 we went on to win 9 out of last 11 games and were State Finalist, not to mention beating the 2006 5A State Champs long the way. This was not supposed to be our year, our year was last year, we were suppossed to be terrible because of all the talent we lost. We proved everyone wrong. No we did not have all the talent in the world, and probably did not the elite team that was built for a State Championship, but we fought, we fought like heck. We played with more heart than anyone has every seen, just ask any of our opposing players. Saturday night wasn't our night. Smyrna may beat us 9 out of 10 times or 1 out of 10, who knows? But Saturday night belonged to Symrna. It was their year. They deserve it. I couldnt be more proud of this team and community for supported us on this rollercoster ride. I have been blessed to play on 2 State Finalist teams and coming out with one championship. So to say I am not disappointed is hard because Rector always says there is no such thing as moral victories, but how can I be? I came so close with these guys and did some amazing things together. And I dont care what anyone else says. We are the second best team in the state. We made it to the Finals and lost. People may have their opinions, but these are the facts. Last year we were 1st in the State and this year we were 2nd, not too shabby huh. Thank you Ravenwood community and fans for making it the best fall of my life. And as for my team mates, you guys are my brothers and although I will not be there next year to help lead this team, I have no doubts that you guys will have another great season. Life doesnt always work out the way you want it to. Its how you respond to lifes challenges. That is when the true character of a man shows. I loved this year, and might never get completly over it. C-C-C

Smyrna:

Great game, great season, congragulations. There is no felling like being on top I know. Good luck next year, I know you have a lot of talent returning and trust me it will be ten times harder next year because you will get everyones best game. Great job

Please everyone stop posting these horrible comments, on both sides. For the sake of football and yourselves.

Ok everyone just calm down please. This is getting way too ridiculous.

Ravenwood Fans:

Please, please stop posting these terrible comments. I know it is hard to lose this one, coming so close and to lose it, I know. Trust me, I play for Ravenwood, and it is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. But they beat us fair and square. There is no if ands or buts about it. Do I think the officiating was a little bit favored towards Smyrna? Maybe, but it is not like we havnt had home-cooking before. Do I think that other than two fumbles, Smyrna played an almost perfect game, as well as catching almost every break? Possibly, but teams create their own luck. Do I think the Smyrna players were showing terrible sportsmanship after the game? Yes, but we have to understand we have some of the cruelest fans in the state, joking or not,so it is a bit understandable when they did that. Did the Ravenwood players ever show any bad sportsmanship on the field on Sat night. From my knowledge no, but I could be wrong. Am I proud of what my team has accomplished? Yes, could not be more proud of whatt this team had done. After starting off 1-3 we went on to win 9 out of last 11 games and were State Finalist, not to mention beating the 2006 5A State Champs long the way. This was not supposed to be our year, our year was last year, we were suppossed to be terrible because of all the talent we lost. We proved everyone wrong. No we did not have all the talent in the world, and probably did not the elite team that was built for a State Championship, but we fought, we fought like heck. We played with more heart than anyone has every seen, just ask any of our opposing players. Saturday night wasn't our night. Smyrna may beat us 9 out of 10 times or 1 out of 10, who knows? But Saturday night belonged to Symrna. It was their year. They deserve it. I couldnt be more proud of this team and community for supported us on this rollercoster ride. I have been blessed to play on 2 State Finalist teams and coming out with one championship. So to say I am not disappointed is hard because Rector always says there is no such thing as moral victories, but how can I be? I came so close with these guys and did some amazing things together. And I dont care what anyone else says. We are the second best team in the state. We made it to the Finals and lost. People may have their opinions, but these are the facts. Last year we were 1st in the State and this year we were 2nd, not too shabby huh. Thank you Ravenwood community and fans for making it the best fall of my life. And as for my team mates, you guys are my brothers and although I will not be there next year to help lead this team, I have no doubts that you guys will have another great season. Life doesnt always work out the way you want it to. Its how you respond to lifes challenges. That is when the true character of a man shows. I loved this year, and might never get completly over it. C-C-C

Smyrna:

Great game, great season, congragulations. There is no felling like being on top I know. Good luck next year, I know you have a lot of talent returning and trust me it will be ten times harder next year because you will get everyones best game. Great job

Please everyone stop posting these horrible comments, on both sides. For the sake of football and yourselves.

WOW!! All I can say if this post is really from a player which I have no reason to doubt that it is how poised are you?? Too bad the parents getting on here dont have a fraction of your class. Way to go with your attitude and your season. Everything you wrote was dead on. Your parents and coach should be very proud of you. I agree you had a great season and NOBODY gave you a shot but you did get to the dance and you got there the hard way. Great job Raptor!!!!

I have said before I am PROUD of my Raptors...this is a perfect example of why the Raptor Nation feels so strongly about their team. "Underestimated" and his teammates will truly be missed next year. C-C-C

Ditto.

There was a great, but also very sad, article in the Williamson A.M. (or maybe the Brentwood Journal?) today that I thought I'd share.

Article