Any unknowns for last year that will make a name this year?

floorburns

I'm always interested in who was overlooked the year before or who needed another year of maturing before they became a star for there team. Or maybe they just needed the star from last year to move on so they could step out of her shadow. Whatever the situation, has anybody picked up on emerging stars or has a prediction for one?

Since I know a little bit about Memphis ball, I'll say Adrian Prather. She plays for East. Quick as a cat and can handle the rock. She'll be getting more of the spot lite this year. :lol:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always interested in who was overlooked the year before or who needed another year of maturing before they became a star for there team. Or maybe they just needed the star from last year to move on so they could step out of her shadow. Whatever the situation, has anybody picked up on emerging stars or has a prediction for one?

Since I know a little bit about Memphis ball, I'll say Adrian Prather. She plays for East. Quick as a cat and can handle the rock. She'll be getting more of the spot lite this year. :lol:

While there are no real stars, the lady Jackets have an unbelievable group of seniors. They were good last year, but after losing their two mian shooters now it is up to them to find other ways of scoring. Keely Williams and Rhiannon Caudle have worked hard on becoming great 3 point shooters, Annastasia Allen and Panny Edmonston have amazing speed and are able to get in the lane with ease. But the real turn around players are Magan Cash and Nicole Jones. With Magan able to shoot 3's and shoot all around and Nicole being strong inside and a great defender, they are a pair that is going to be hard to stop! On top of having a great senior class, they are also blessed to have great depth! and it has already come into use! Being good from top to bottom is a true blessing!

Torie Lowe Clarkrange she saw some playing time as a freshman,but she is thier starting point gaurd this year. She dosen't have much size, but shes very tough, quick, can handle the ball really well, has a good 3 point shot and is very good at the foul line, and she is good at looking for the open girl. Shes going to make a big splash this year. ;)

Tasha Phillips she played with 4 seniors last year. I think she will be able to step up this year and help be a leader on a young clarkrange ball team. She appears to try to involve her whole team in the action up and down the court. I've seen her do some good post moves, shes quick,works hard on defencce, has a really nice 3 point shoot,and does really good at the foul line. Will be interesting to see how she grows in her game in the next 3 years.

From Bolton, Sarah Watson, sophomore--she plays on a so-so team but she's a post player that can move almost like a guard. She's got some awesome moves under the basket. Also from Cordova, Shay Nelson--just a freshman, she has a scorer's mentality and can deliver from long range or from underneath. Floorburns, I agree with you about Adrienne, but I wouldn't call her an unknown! She's been an awesome player since she was 10--it's not only her athleticism but her smartness about the game that makes her so good.

Hi sweetbrians99 - I see you have changed your screen name.... :unsure: How is Whitestation this year? What about the new coach? Will they compete in their district?

I agree: Sarah Watson is one to watch. However, with such young guards it will be hard for her to shine in half court sets and they are not a running team.

Shay - shoots the ball extremely well as a spot up shooter; However, her situation may be similar to Watson. Her guards are going to have to draw attention to free her up for some clean looks or she is going to have to put the ball on the floor and create her on shot to establish herself as a scoring threat.

Both great players.

I wouldn't leave out YoYo (Catilin Murphy) of Whitestation. She is a tough competitor and seems to play better against competition. I also like Chi Chi's inside game for Whitestation. The team in general has upside but has had little consistency in coaching tenure and coaching philosophy. :D

From Bolton, Sarah Watson, sophomore--she plays on a so-so team but she's a post player that can move almost like a guard. She's got some awesome moves under the basket. Also from Cordova, Shay Nelson--just a freshman, she has a scorer's mentality and can deliver from long range or from underneath. Floorburns, I agree with you about Adrienne, but I wouldn't call her an unknown! She's been an awesome player since she was 10--it's not only her athleticism but her smartness about the game that makes her so good.

Where did she play at 10? I guess she isn't unknown but I think she will get a lot more attention this year than she did last year. After there senior point guard is gone Adrian will get even more attention because she will play a bigger roll next year.

Edited by floorburns

Since I know a little bit about Memphis ball, I'll say Adrian Prather. She plays for East. Quick as a cat and can handle the rock. She'll be getting more of the spot lite this year. :thumb:

I could be biased, but I think the whole White Station High team could surprise a lot of folks this year. If anybody has seen them this year, you know they can look pretty sloppy and out of control sometimes. But with having their 3rd coach in 3 years, that would be expected. This coach has brought in a whole new system and he's still getting to know his players and what roles they're best suited for. Still, they're 4 and 1.

I heard somebody commenting on WSHS and what they said was pretty accurate I think: "They've got a lot of good players, but they're not a good team." I would add "yet."

HOLLI FLIPPO - Harpeth High School

Leads the team in rebounds, steals, and assists. She is playing aside two D1 guards and is not looked upon to score much but has put up 26 and 17 in two of the last three games. Flippo has unbelievable instincts. If you watch Harpeth play, her determination and hard work is very evident!

Edited by aj1133

HOLLI FLIPPO - Harpeth High School

Leads the team in rebounds, steals, and assists. She is playing aside two D1 guards and is not looked upon to score much but has put up 26 and 17 in two of the last three games. Flippo has unbelievable instincts. If you watch Harpeth play, her determination and hard work is very evident!

Absolutely! Amazing what I call basketball IQ. Gifted and hustles. A Jr., right?