Mr Football 5a Winner Best Back

lovehsfootball

He must be a monster because I saw Scott Thomas and thought he was excellent

He is...5'11" 190-195 with 4.3-4.4 speed he really is a complete back...he had a touchdown run against Germantown in the playoffs when he was hit in th ebackfield, broke off, spun off one guy and ran thru another to get to the endzone...i wish the rest of the state could have gotten a chance to see him play...he was a privelege to block for last year and to watch this year. Don't worry you will get a chance to see him on Saturdays next year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is...5'11" 190-195 with 4.3-4.4 speed he really is a complete back...he had a touchdown run against Germantown in the playoffs when he was hit in th ebackfield, broke off, spun off one guy and ran thru another to get to the endzone...i wish the rest of the state could have gotten a chance to see him play...he was a privelege to block for last year and to watch this year. Don't worry you will get a chance to see him on Saturdays next year.

Watched the young man in first game of the season and he was impressive. DIV 1 runner. Still see that 80 plus yard run againstHC. :unsure:

Best of luck to him!

I agree with others on this site that Scott Thomas was a key candidate for the award. Anyone that had the opportunity to watch a Riverdale game left with respect for the way Scott plays. They award should be awarded on numbers but also on heart and drive. If that was the case then Scott would have won for sure. This guy would have defenses so mixed up even though everyone new they were running the ball no one knew who had it thanks to Scott. Also I have never seen anyone take hits like him and continue playing full speed. He was always about the team, and that is the way the award should show. A "Star" player but a "team" player as well.

I agree with others on this site that Scott Thomas was a key candidate for the award. Anyone that had the opportunity to watch a Riverdale game left with respect for the way Scott plays. They award should be awarded on numbers but also on heart and drive. If that was the case then Scott would have won for sure. This guy would have defenses so mixed up even though everyone new they were running the ball no one knew who had it thanks to Scott. Also I have never seen anyone take hits like him and continue playing full speed. He was always about the team, and that is the way the award should show. A "Star" player but a "team" player as well.

And Aarons not about the team? You can ask anyone who knows him and anyone who has seen him play...he is ALWAYS the first one to appreciate the O-Line after a big run or a TD...he missed 3 games in the regular season and even though all three of them were against lesser teams when we did not have to have him play he was dying to ge tout there and help the team...every time we scored in one of those games he was the first one congratulating his back-ups...he has had so much turmoil in his life it was so good Monday to see somehting go right for him...and he won the award because he DESERVED it...also you say that even though everyone knew you were running the ball, but no one knew who had it...heck everyone and their mom knew we were going to run the ball AND everyone and their mom knew who was going to get it...teams go and put 8 or 9 in the box on us and he still puts up numbers like that? no way he doesnt win.

Edited by rhsplaya55

I wonder why Trace Mcdemott from McMinn County was not considered? He rushed for over 1600 yds. and scored 28 touchdowns. He did all of this and missed the second half of the Oak Ridge game and only played one quarter againist Soddy Daisy.

I am sure that the kid that won was very deserving but Mcdermott was never even mentioned? How can you over look his numbers and his team went 7-3 in the regular season, so the team was successful.

Well Aaron Crawford had over 2300 yards last year, and his team went undefeated & to the state semi's where the lost to Ravenwood who went on to win the state championship that year. And at least three of his games that year he only played a half or three quarters b/c the game had already been decided. I said all this to say that Aaron was not even mentioned last year as a finalist even though his team made it to the state semi's and he gain more yards than any back last year with less carries.

P.S. Had Ridgeways QB not broke his leg in the second game of the season; Everyone on this thread would have seen Aaron Crawford in the State Championship Game. If was a very costly injury. And caused Ridgeway to become a one dimensional team.

And thats what makes Aaron so deserving, every team was putting 8 or 9 in the box. And he still did his thing. Every yard very had fought for.

Congrats Aaron

Look out for him on Saturday's next season.

T.C.

They did just that.