Marion County Boys

BBall_Fan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting about the MC basketball program has been almost nonexistant this year. What's up with that? I'll respond to your query. If I were the coach, I would immediately order each player to grow 4 to 6 inches. After they did that, I would encourage each player to block out better and rebound more aggressively. This team is still young; they will improve as the year progresses. Plenty of talent. Good luck tonight MC Warriors.

Marion boys will be alright. They have been in position to win in the forth qtr. of every game they have played with the exception of the Howard game. Not being able to pull the games out in the end has got alot to do with the youth of this team. Yes they need to rebound better. Yes they need to be more agressive and attack the basket more (my opinion). That will come with experience. There has been no lack of hustle that I have seen and I think we can shoot with anyone. Anytime you start 1 sr., 1 jr., 2 soph. and 1 fresh. things will be tough at times. But I will say this, I dont know who it will be or when it will be, but this team will beat someone they are not supposed to this year. Good luck to Coach Keef and Coach Adams the rest of the year and Good luck to the Warriors. Keep playing hard and good things will soon start happening.

Marion boys will be alright. They have been in position to win in the forth qtr. of every game they have played with the exception of the Howard game.

They had no chance in this game. When McGary pulled his starters they were up about 30-6. To top that off he only had three original starters. He pulled them mainly because of dirty play by Marion County. It seemed as if they were trying to hurt the Howard players

They had no chance in this game. When McGary pulled his starters they were up about 30-6. To top that off he only had three original starters. He pulled them mainly because of dirty play by Marion County. It seemed as if they were trying to hurt the Howard players

OK, we'll concede that right now Howard has the more talented team. But get real, MC players trying to hurt the Howard players. You must be refering to the double technical. The shortest, lightest player on the MC team hustles down court after a tall Howard player on a break away lay up. The MC player jumps high into the air, almost reaching the Howard players waist area, and gives him a bump in an attempt to prevent the easy two points from being scored. Tech called for an intentional foul. Big Howard player, after the play, comes up and gives the small MC player a hard, intentional shove from the side. Who's trying to hurt who (whom) here. The MC player may or may not have deserved the Tech foul; official said yes so that's alright to me. Howard player should have been ejected; his behavior was simply brutish. The Howard coach didn't even remove him from the game. If a good hustle attempt from an opposing player gets Howard players this upset, you guys are in for a lot of Tech fouls this year.

OK, we'll concede that right now Howard has the more talented team. But get real, MC players trying to hurt the Howard players. You must be refering to the double technical. The shortest, lightest player on the MC team hustles down court after a tall Howard player on a break away lay up. The MC player jumps high into the air, almost reaching the Howard players waist area, and gives him a bump in an attempt to prevent the easy two points from being scored. Tech called for an intentional foul. Big Howard player, after the play, comes up and gives the small MC player a hard, intentional shove from the side. Who's trying to hurt who (whom) here. The MC player may or may not have deserved the Tech foul; official said yes so that's alright to me. Howard player should have been ejected; his behavior was simply brutish. The Howard coach didn't even remove him from the game. If a good hustle attempt from an opposing player gets Howard players this upset, you guys are in for a lot of Tech fouls this year.

Give me a break please. These fouls were going on the whole night by MC. Taylor was not allowed to dunk during the entire game because of someone going under him. The game was already out of reach so why would he undercut him and ricks was right for what he did you dont let anyone undercut your players purposely. McGary may just need to go ahead and score 100 points on them when they come to howard. And people keep saying that their team is young but Howard will return every starter next year so it looks like another long season fro the warriors next year

Give me a break please. These fouls were going on the whole night by MC. Taylor was not allowed to dunk during the entire game because of someone going under him. The game was already out of reach so why would he undercut him and ricks was right for what he did you dont let anyone undercut your players purposely. McGary may just need to go ahead and score 100 points on them when they come to howard. And people keep saying that their team is young but Howard will return every starter next year so it looks like another long season fro the warriors next year

Other than the one instant I mentioned I don't remember a single other instance of anything other than routine fouls called. If what you're saying really went on there would have been tech fouls called more often. Howard won easily; why grip?

If you would have read my post more carefully you would see that I said Marion was never in the game. As for the hard foul, as a player you never want to see someone from the opposing team dunk in your house. I dont think he was trying to hurt the guy. And referring to another post when you stated that Howard should score 100, I agree. You should try to score as many points as you can every time you play and as a defense you try every mean possible to keep the other team from scoring. You guys are a good team and I wish you luck the rest of the season.