Most underated 4A team?

goldenbird88

The Yanker will be happy with part of what I am about to say..And that is that of all the teams in Region 7, JCM without question, has the greatest number of athletes (By Far). Now, as to what happened this year..My understanding is that JCM lost 4 or 5 of their staff. I also understand that the coaches that were to replace them had to be certified in math and several other major "academic" teaching areas. Without commenting further I think you understand that created a HUGE problem for their coach. I think that was the major problem this year. Henry County will be solid. Their staff does a very good job. Hardin County in my opinion is the best coached team in the district. Coach Mac and his staff have their team prepared week in and week out and compete very well against teams with superior talent. Jackson NS has to deal with the problem of the school zoning and the movement of a great deal of their talent over the past few years. Consequently this makes it difficult to compete year in and out with the other teams. In the past few years Munford and JNS battled it out for last place. Brighton has athletes!! For some reason they don't seem to be able to win the close games. Just a few comments on region 7 without going into a great deal of detail.

What is the problem at Brighton if there is one? I also think they are more talented than most. What impact do you think Liberty will have in the region? If you were forced to bet on which team wins the region, who would that be?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yanker will be happy with part of what I am about to say..And that is that of all the teams in Region 7, JCM without question, has the greatest number of athletes (By Far). Now, as to what happened this year..My understanding is that JCM lost 4 or 5 of their staff. I also understand that the coaches that were to replace them had to be certified in math and several other major "academic" teaching areas. Without commenting further I think you understand that created a HUGE problem for their coach. I think that was the major problem this year. Henry County will be solid. Their staff does a very good job. Hardin County in my opinion is the best coached team in the district. Coach Mac and his staff have their team prepared week in and week out and compete very well against teams with superior talent. Jackson NS has to deal with the problem of the school zoning and the movement of a great deal of their talent over the past few years. Consequently this makes it difficult to compete year in and out with the other teams. In the past few years Munford and JNS battled it out for last place. Brighton has athletes!! For some reason they don't seem to be able to win the close games. Just a few comments on region 7 without going into a great deal of detail.

You are correct my "wtnoffing" friend...you have made the YANKER a happy YANKER!!!!! JCM will ALWAYS have superior talent to the rest of you. When we get a few more coaches, we will be forever unbeatable in the region!!!!!

What is the problem at Brighton if there is one? I also think they are more talented than most. What impact do you think Liberty will have in the region? If you were forced to bet on which team wins the region, who would that be?

You did not ask the YANKER, but the YANKER has the answers my "Reddishly Warringful" friend. The problem at Brighton is the officiating...it is horrible!!! Liberty will give all of us another region win!!! JCM...JCM...JCM...JCM to win the region!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

You did not ask the YANKER, but the YANKER has the answers my "Reddishly Warringful" friend. The problem at Brighton is the officiating...it is horrible!!! Liberty will give all of us another region win!!! JCM...JCM...JCM...JCM to win the region!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!

I will say this Yanker, If the JCM team wins the Region, then Coach Hampton deserve to be named National High School Coach of the Year. In case you are wondering why? It is because he has got to take a team that is is shambles and turn it around, and although they have th most talent and athletes, they have the most problems. I remember seeing those boys from JCM jsut argueing amonst themselves on the field at Patriot stadium, I have always had a little giggle when I see an opposing team argueing amonst themselves and pointing fingers at each other. In other words, JCM has to many problems to recover without an overhaul.

I am the Prophet and I told you in the beginning of 2006 that The demise has began and there just are not many doubters any more, it has come to be, so hear me Yanker, we are I the middle of the demise and there is no light at the end to be seen. The Patriots will win the region.

I'm pretty sure that this has been covered before as to the whys that these four transferred. One thing that stood out in Memphis with these coaches is that they got players in school! Not only their own but also other schools players. All three senior players that transferred to Munford will sign college scholarships on signing day. Not only will these three transfers sign, you'll find that four other Munford players (home boys) will be signing also. Two additional players will recieve enough financial aid to pay for their tuition and will be allowed "walkon" status. Over the years this is one thing that has stood out about this group! If their is any way possible to get a player an opportunity to get in school and continue playing, they seem to find it. This fact is not hidden among students and parents from other schools. When you have a history of being successful on the field, and are able to help players continue their education there is always the opportunity for players to come to you! I've know this group for a number of years, and I will categorically tell you that these guys are "for real." There's no hidden agenda... they simply coach football and help kids.

Ahhhh, you explain quite well, 4 transfers 3 of which are going to play at the next level, what are the odds of that. Lets take a look at the transfers, one was Munfords lone all state team member and I just wonder what percentage of the Munford offense that the others acconted for. They were not run of the mill guys. "When you have a history of helping players, there is always oppurtunity for players to come to you" I am willing to bet that coach Randle would not speak of it that way. That almost sounds like if you are giving out money that there will be players that will come to you.

I was under the assumption that high school programs were not in the marketing business. Come play for me and this is what I can do for you, sounds like recruiting.

Edited by the prophet

I will say this Yanker, If the JCM team wins the Region, then Coach Hampton deserve to be named National High School Coach of the Year. In case you are wondering why? It is because he has got to take a team that is is shambles and turn it around, and although they have th most talent and athletes, they have the most problems. I remember seeing those boys from JCM jsut argueing amonst themselves on the field at Patriot stadium, I have always had a little giggle when I see an opposing team argueing amonst themselves and pointing fingers at each other. In other words, JCM has to many problems to recover without an overhaul.

I am the Prophet and I told you in the beginning of 2006 that The demise has began and there just are not many doubters any more, it has come to be, so hear me Yanker, we are I the middle of the demise and there is no light at the end to be seen. The Patriots will win the region.

You should know about a SHAMBLES "Oh Clueless Wonder"...your wonderful HC Patriots have spent most of the last decade in the middle of one. We, here at JCM, do not even know for certain what it is like to be in a DEMISE or a SHAMBLES...but you should have first hand knowledge. The YANKER wonders when HC will return to your TRUE form...a bottom crawler...The YANKER guesses that will happen when Mcnairl leaves. I wonder when that happens...the YANKER has the answer...it is NOW!!! I AM YOUR FAVORITE YANKER!!!!!

You should know about a SHAMBLES "Oh Clueless Wonder"...your wonderful HC Patriots have spent most of the last decade in the middle of one. We, here at JCM, do not even know for certain what it is like to be in a DEMISE or a SHAMBLES...but you should have first hand knowledge. The YANKER wonders when HC will return to your TRUE form...a bottom crawler...The YANKER guesses that will happen when Mcnairl leaves. I wonder when that happens...the YANKER has the answer...it is NOW!!! I AM YOUR FAVORITE YANKER!!!!!

We could not dig under neath the bottom of JCM with a Well Drilling rig. I enjoyed the past season and the Yanker giving credit to HC for the qualityof team they had, it will happen again this year, about week 6. Again the Prophet has seen.

Ahhhh, you explain quite well, 4 transfers 3 of which are going to play at the next level, what are the odds of that. Lets take a look at the transfers, one was Munfords lone all state team member and I just wonder what percentage of the Munford offense that the others acconted for. They were not run of the mill guys. "When you have a history of helping players, there is always oppurtunity for players to come to you" I am willing to bet that coach Randle would not speak of it that way. That almost sounds like if you are giving out money that there will be players that will come to you.

I was under the assumption that high school programs were not in the marketing business. Come play for me and this is what I can do for you, sounds like recruiting.

You better believe that high schools market their school,(academics and athletics) . The really good players have three concerns as they look at their future in regards to their athletic career. First..I want to go to a program where I have an opportunity to win!! Secondly..I need to make sure that I meet NCAA guidelines as far as qualifing academically!! And third...I need a coach that will take the time to "market my skills" (fill out questionaires, get on the phone, help me secure post season honors, etc.) Don't think that the schools that year in and year out are big time winners don't recognize these facts. Schools and coaches don't have to violate TSSAA rules with regards to recruiting. They let the newspaper, television, radio sports talk shows, etc. put the propaganda out for them. Players talk!! When you get the players, you win!! When you win, players come to you! (It's not necessary for you to go to them). When you are in a geographic location like Munford, and you've got 27 city high schools, 8 county schools, and a host of private schools, you're looking at a huge number of athletes. If you look at the records of each of these schools, you'll find only a handful that are consistent winners. A great many have no chance..they are simply cannon fodder. Consequently, players gravitate if at all possible, to schools that have winning traditions. (A great example is Ridgeway.. They have well over a hundred players just on the varsity.This doesn't count their freshman team that numbers around 60..and the middle school team that played for the city championship( I worked that game , had over a 100 players dressed out) . Obviously, there are a lot of good players that will never hit the field. Hmmm...Now these players are looking for places and places like Munford have the opportunity to pick up some of these guys. You may not like the fact but it is the way it is. Also..private schools come into play. There is a TSSAA rule that players transferring from a private school cannot transfer to a public school that is within a 20 mile radius from their previous school and become eligible. Munford is about 25 miles from most Memphis schools. I've given just a few facts that represent the "tip of the iceberg" as it relates to athletes moving.

You better believe that high schools market their school,(academics and athletics) . The really good players have three concerns as they look at their future in regards to their athletic career. First..I want to go to a program where I have an opportunity to win!! Secondly..I need to make sure that I meet NCAA guidelines as far as qualifing academically!! And third...I need a coach that will take the time to "market my skills" (fill out questionaires, get on the phone, help me secure post season honors, etc.) Don't think that the schools that year in and year out are big time winners don't recognize these facts. Schools and coaches don't have to violate TSSAA rules with regards to recruiting. They let the newspaper, television, radio sports talk shows, etc. put the propaganda out for them. Players talk!! When you get the players, you win!! When you win, players come to you! (It's not necessary for you to go to them). When you are in a geographic location like Munford, and you've got 27 city high schools, 8 county schools, and a host of private schools, you're looking at a huge number of athletes. If you look at the records of each of these schools, you'll find only a handful that are consistent winners. A great many have no chance..they are simply cannon fodder. Consequently, players gravitate if at all possible, to schools that have winning traditions. (A great example is Ridgeway.. They have well over a hundred players just on the varsity.This doesn't count their freshman team that numbers around 60..and the middle school team that played for the city championship( I worked that game , had over a 100 players dressed out) . Obviously, there are a lot of good players that will never hit the field. Hmmm...Now these players are looking for places and places like Munford have the opportunity to pick up some of these guys. You may not like the fact but it is the way it is. Also..private schools come into play. There is a TSSAA rule that players transferring from a private school cannot transfer to a public school that is within a 20 mile radius from their previous school and become eligible. Munford is about 25 miles from most Memphis schools. I've given just a few facts that represent the "tip of the iceberg" as it relates to athletes moving.

I'm happy to see somebody gets it. The reason the rich continue to get richer is the students/athletes want to attend a school that they feel best meets their needs. It doesn't matter if we are talking academics or athletics. Memphis city schools have a policy of open enrollment for a student making the middle school or junior high transition to high school. This policy means I can establish my academic and athletic record any where I want. If you don't think these students and the parents don't take notice of what a school can provide then your kidding yourselves. Back to the rich get richer comment. Do you think it's an accident Melrose and Ridgway have great teams every year just to name two. The same is true with basketball. Yes, even academics. Ask somebody what Memphis city school has the best academics and they'll probably say Whitestation. These schools market themselves to those students that can help them stay at a high level academicly or athleticly as the school that they want to attend. Here's where things are going to start getting interesting. Parents/students realize the state of Memphis school systems and will reach for other outlets. Olive Branch and Munford might become alternatives to inner city education. I bet the rolls of Desoto county schools are filled with Shelby county students that have made the move so why is it so hard to believe that anything different would happen in Tipton county. I'll make a prediction that Olive Branch, Munford and other area teams continue to get students/athletes out of Memphis with the lure of better environments, educational opportunties, and athletic programs.

I'm happy to see somebody gets it. The reason the rich continue to get richer is the students/athletes want to attend a school that they feel best meets their needs. It doesn't matter if we are talking academics or athletics. Memphis city schools have a policy of open enrollment for a student making the middle school or junior high transition to high school. This policy means I can establish my academic and athletic record any where I want. If you don't think these students and the parents don't take notice of what a school can provide then your kidding yourselves. Back to the rich get richer comment. Do you think it's an accident Melrose and Ridgway have great teams every year just to name two. The same is true with basketball. Yes, even academics. Ask somebody what Memphis city school has the best academics and they'll probably say Whitestation. These schools market themselves to those students that can help them stay at a high level academicly or athleticly as the school that they want to attend. Here's where things are going to start getting interesting. Parents/students realize the state of Memphis school systems and will reach for other outlets. Olive Branch and Munford might become alternatives to inner city education. I bet the rolls of Desoto county schools are filled with Shelby county students that have made the move so why is it so hard to believe that anything different would happen in Tipton county. I'll make a prediction that Olive Branch, Munford and other area teams continue to get students/athletes out of Memphis with the lure of better environments, educational opportunties, and athletic programs.

Thanks for recognizing and echoing the very things I tried to point out! What you have is a bunch of guys trying to explain away how they got beat by Munford. Wonder what the next excuse will be?????