Liberty @ Haywood...12/1 Predictions?

Hoops1stLuv14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Haywood is down this year. The blowout was a combination of Liberty is that good, and Haywood having a tough night. Haywood played with them pretty much the whole first half, and neither team was really shooting well. Then, in the 3rd quarter Haywood just got frustrated and made several careless turnovers. Not trying to take anything away from Liberty's defnese, there defense caused a bunch of them, and I mean a bunch, but Haywood also handed them several where they were not even under pressure. Very uncharacteristic of the Tomcats playing at home. I think it will be a closer game next time around. Liberty is definitely the team to beat this year.

How'd the Crusaders fare tonight in the Marshall Co. Hoopfest against the school from Illinois????????

Liberty has been taking it to some AAA schools in Memphis the past few weeks. I probably haven't given them enough credit so far. The last time I saw them before last night was in the first round of state last year, and I did not feel like they were the better team as Haywood had a meltdown in the second half, and still held them to a very close game. But after this, and considering how well they have been playing outside of the region I am going to have to say they are in a league of their own this year.

How they have improved so much so quickly is very impressive. I had Mitchell to beat them in Memphis this year, but I think I may just take that one back.

Interestingly enough the Tomcats play Mitchell twice this year--result of several year's of substate meetings perhaps? Either way great scheduling which should help both teams.