Bray's Rankings 2

CoachBray

I was talking about freestyle, Joey Did beat Proctor and Garret I dont think offseason matches should matter either in the rankings, i just say he deserves to be in the rankings at 135.

Neither of the Proctor bros wrestled freestyle over the summer. They both practiced but before competition Caleb had an injury and was out for the summer. He wrestled in several off season tournaments but only lost to Abrigo from Forrest....

On a side note after a little checking into, C. Proctor did defeat Brassell at state tournament in the first round and won by major 15-2. see results here:

http://www.tssaa.org/2005Champions/StateWr...visionI/130.htm

Edited by Hamm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matman........quick question about where some of the upper weights are listed. Is it a solid fact that Robbins from Jeff Co. is at 71, as well as Wright going 60? Because in the other poll it has them both bumped a weight class....thanks

Thank god someone has found 6 wrestlers who are not umproven freshmen with no real stats to back up their rankings at 189. Thank you Coach Bray for lessening my anger.

Don't thank me. Let those two get a couple of tournaments under their belt and I'm sure you'll be surprised how fast they get noticed.

Thank god someone has found 6 wrestlers who are not umproven freshmen with no real stats to back up their rankings at 189. Thank you Coach Bray for lessening my anger.

Relax and be patient... You will see why these young men are where they are soon enough. clearly you haven't scouted them well enough. (if I remember right Jake Y. and Brett J. were fairly competitive during middle school matches in recent years).

Chill!!This is really just for fun. The real results is what matters most, for sure. Like maybe we'll be seeing another Manley ranked and now his name clearly on the map after a huge D1-D2 win, and ranked even as a freshman. ;)

Lucas,

Its o.k. man. Just remember that its a work in progress and these are only the 2nd rankings of the year. There are several things that go into rankings that you may not have considered. Most of all the flow of information to myself and Ronnie, which has been very scarce!

Most of all thanks for caring to begin with! Its going to be a long/great season. If you have gripes in the future over the rankings, keep 'em coming. Its helps me and Ronnie stay on our toes as far as these are concerned. :thumb:

Relax and be patient... You will see why these young men are where they are soon enough. clearly you haven't scouted them well enough. (if I remember right Jake Y. and Brett J. were fairly competitive during middle school matches in recent years).

Chill!!This is really just for fun. The real results is what matters most, for sure. Like maybe we'll be seeing another Manley ranked and now his name clearly on the map after a huge D1-D2 win, and ranked even as a freshman. :thumb:

Soms,

I have seen both of those young men wrestle and they both should be very good in the furture. However, by ranking them this early (it's not like they are USA Wrestling Cadet National Champions) you are only placing undue pressure on the young men before they prove their worth on the mat. Not to mention the fact that some "jacked up returning state champion" will now try kill them. Those two young men now have a bounty placed on their head and all of the upper classmen are standing in line for the opportunity to put them into Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital. There is a big difference between wrestling 103 as a freshmen and going 189.

What about Tony Corley (HL) 125 hes very good and will make some noise this year...probably the strongest at 125...Benches 230 very strong kid.

Being the strongest dont make you a good wrestler. I wrestled 119 and benched 235 and that didnt make me a good wrestler. Its more than strength.....you have to have skill with it.

Being the strongest dont make you a good wrestler. I wrestled 119 and benched 235 and that didnt make me a good wrestler. Its more than strength.....you have to have skill with it.

Oh believe me Tony Corley has the strenght, determination, and technique hes should be up there on the charts to...hes underated in my eyes.but he droping to 119 for regions.

Oh believe me Tony Corley has the strenght, determination, and technique hes should be up there on the charts to...hes underated in my eyes.but he droping to 119 for regions.

why is everyone base a wrestler's strength to how much he benches? why not squat? deadlift? those two exercises are more useful in wrestling than bench presses.