Show down in B-Town Tom night!

bhscoach

Tommorrow night it will be Bartlett vs. Brentwood Academy. I know that everyone will probably say BA will beat us but I think we have a great chance. I think they will cause us problems on defense and we will cause them a headache when we have the ball as well. It will all come down to if we can take care of the basketball and keep them off the offensive glass. This will be the biggest game the Seniors have played in a while and they are all looking forward to the challenge. This should be a great HS basketball game. Will post about the game tom night.

Well we found out what we were made of last night. BA is a very solid team. They were huge. We played them well and found ourselves down by 4 going into the 4th quarter. We cut the lead to 1 and we were fixing to run a set play to take the lead then get a defensive stop and pull it out and make them guard us high and wide but we turned the ball over. Down the stretch we just fell apart. We had every oppertunity to win this game and just couldn't get a lead down the stretch. All the hype that was built around Brandon Brown from everyone we talked to didn't help BA any because he wasn't very good last night. We got a scouting report on Brian Wright but nobody told us that he could shoot from behind the arc. They were 8 for 14 from behind the arc with Wright and Stallings leading them in 3's. This was a good early season test for our guys. We played hard and just couldn't get the baskets down the stretch that we needed. It was a closer game than 73-58 with us fouling and then Wright dunking the ball with 3 seconds left. Good luck to everyone that plays them this year because they are good but very beatable. Good Luck to BA as well. So far I haven't seen a DII school that will challenge them to this point.