Tennessean MidState Top 10

Midstate

OAKLAND is still undefeated too, and winning by about 20+ pts a game..

i believe in the scrimmage oakland played whites creek pretty well, and beating them by about 14 at one point in the game :thumb:

I have seen most of the MidState teams play this year including 2 playdays. One at Seigle and one at Liberty.

Whites Creek is the best team I have seen this year(besides AA Liberty) , but didn't play well at all against Beech. Oakland is a very good team and the Clarksville team has a dynamic duo. Antioch is young and almost beat Liberty T. without the football players (Mcadoo included) at Seigle. McGavok is ok but not as good as they were last year trying to replaced their leader from last year, they already lost to a very inconsistant Hunters Lane who lost to White House in a playday. McGovak drilled Maplewood who may be a year away from competing. I understand Stratford and Glencliff are awful and rebuilding. Hillsboro is an up and coming team with Independence and always of course Franklin, could be the top three in that district.Ravenwood is just getting their footballers and Brentwood beat them last week. Centennial improved with Overton and Hillwood will not win a conference game. Hickman Co. is winning but have not played a tough schedule.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay some of you guys are talkin reckless on here Antioch better than Whites Creek you cant be serious I saw Antioch play the other night against Franklin and Antioch almost got beat they play very selfish everybody wants to score, Michael McAdoo posts hard but the guards dont even look his way, without McAdoo Antioch would struggle but come on now im not trying to bag on Antioch but they shouldnt be that high in the polls now maybe a number 6 or 7 spot but not top 5 oh not at all i promise you mark my words MCGAVOCK will beat ANTIOCH and they will be the number 2 team in District 12AAA

Top 10 MIDSTATE teams:

1. Whites Creek- still has the talent to get back to the final four in the state

2. Brentwood Academy- still has Brian Wright, Brandon Brown, Garrett, and Kottas the only team i see that can beat Whites Creek

Antioch may be a year away. I understand they start five juniors. Whites Creek is the class of the league playing 7 or 8 seniors , but they only beat Beech by 7 and started the 4th up only 2. McGavok and Antioch will have 2 tight ball games hopefully both will play better than they did against Hunters Lane and Franklin. By looking at the schedules they will not play until Jan. Also Antioch plays @ the Arby's Classic before they play McGavok but it states at Dobyns-Bennett, that is in Kingsport. I thought the Arbys Classic was in Bristol. Did they move the tournament to Kingsport?

Antioch may be a year away. I understand they start five juniors. Whites Creek is the class of the league playing 7 or 8 seniors , but they only beat Beech by 7 and started the 4th up only 2. McGavok and Antioch will have 2 tight ball games hopefully both will play better than they did against Hunters Lane and Franklin. By looking at the schedules they will not play until Jan. Also Antioch plays @ the Arby's Classic before they play McGavok but it states at Dobyns-Bennett, that is in Kingsport. I thought the Arbys Classic was in Bristol. Did they move the tournament to Kingsport?

I had the same question and it is still in Bristol

Its probably antioch's opponent at the arby's classic.

Anitioch's two big men will be a problem for Whites Creek. it won't matter that they are Juniors. Whites Creek is small. And BEECH is a good ball club. Very patient on offense and very disciplined.

Antioch was a year away last yr. This year and next year is their time. They can beat Whites Creek, but do they have the desire.

Internal bickering is this teams only enemy, not their opponents........................

Its probably antioch's opponent at the arby's classic.

Anitioch's two big men will be a problem for Whites Creek. it won't matter that they are Juniors. Whites Creek is small. And BEECH is a good ball club. Very patient on offense and very disciplined.

Antioch was a year away last yr. This year and next year is their time. They can beat Whites Creek, but do they have the desire.

Internal bickering is this teams only enemy, not their opponents........................

Internal bickering? Whites Creek or Antioch? You have to be talking about Antioch.

I think it is safe to say that the best 4 teams in the Mid-State are Whites Creek, Antioch, Oakland and Brentwood Academy and then it drops off from there. Any of the top 4 teams can beat anybody. After that, it will take a really good game by any other team to knock one of these teams off - or a really bad game by one of the top 4.

Beech is not that good. Whites Creek must not have played well.

Internal bickering? Whites Creek or Antioch? You have to be talking about Antioch.

I think it is safe to say that the best 4 teams in the Mid-State are Whites Creek, Antioch, Oakland and Brentwood Academy and then it drops off from there. Any of the top 4 teams can beat anybody. After that, it will take a really good game by any other team to knock one of these teams off - or a really bad game by one of the top 4.

You are right, I am referring to Antioch. They can be selfish at times.

Well Beech looked good the night they played Whites Creek. They must've played their best game of the season.

WHITE HOUSE ALREADY BEAT FRANKLIN IN A GAME THIS SUMMER WITHOUT WHITE HOUSE'S BEST PLAYER EVEN PLAYING. WATCH A LITTLE BBALL BEFORE YOU POST ON HERE EINSTEIN...

Yes this is true I was at this game. White house point guard Welch had 24 points 20 in the second half and Welch's dad went and asked Franklin coach if he was good enough to play on that franklin team and franklin coach answered well we couldnt even stop him so ya.. . . . .. so if franklin cant stop a non-rated who is underratted point guard by the way then who can they stop? ? please inform me?

I see Mcgavock on a few top 10's. But people saying white hosue shouldnt be on there . If i remember correctly i beleive whtie house beat mcgavock over the summer this year. Granted whie house lost to Mt. Juliet who got beat by mcgavock, but once again this past friday was the first game being friday the dec. 1 was the first time white house had their whole team at a game. I amjust stating facts take them how u will

Why are you guys trying to hype white house, based on summer league. teams don't even have all of their players in the summer. talk about the current regular season. what has white house done during the regular season?? all i keep hearing is what they've done at this camp or that camp.................

and for the record, roger gaines spent his ninth grade yr at Hunters Lane........how he ended up in white house, who knows. but he is an average basketball player at best.

I agree with you who the top 4 teams are may need to add Clarksville also. Sometimes it seems that the Antioch players can be selfish but I guess it's better that not having any good players on your team at all. Don't count out the McGavok and Hunters Lane bunch.

Why are you guys trying to hype white house, based on summer league. teams don't even have all of their players in the summer. talk about the current regular season. what has white house done during the regular season?? all i keep hearing is what they've done at this camp or that camp.................

and for the record, roger gaines spent his ninth grade yr at Hunters Lane........how he ended up in white house, who knows. but he is an average basketball player at best.

Cobra…I agree. It’s like almost every other thread they are talking about how good White House is, how their going to kill their next opponent, how good they played this summer, one of the top teams in the Mid-State, they are going to state…etc…etc. While I understand these are probably kids rooting their team on….but come on…give it a rest.

White House is currently 6-1. Congratulations. Out of their 6 wins they have beat single A East Robertson (1-4) by 11, single A Jo Byrns (0-5) by 9, Hume Fogg (0-6) by 4 and Smith County (1-3). They did beat a good Sycamore team by 1 and Upperman by 1 in 2 Hall of Champion games.

I think White House is a good “AA” team. They are probably 2nd behind Station Camp in a weak 8-AA district. But they are not a top 10 team in the Mid-State….especially all classifications.

They may prove me wrong down the road, but not right now.