Cosby @ Hancock

BigEasy1590

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hancock had a big win against Rutledge last week and they play Morristown East tonight who beat Cosby...What has been up with Cosby i cant remember the last time they lost 3 games at home this early in the season...

They will ba alright it's just takinem some time to gel and find out what style of ball they need to play. Trust me by the end of the year coach flatford will have these boys on the right track.

I wasn't at the GP game but I read the box scores and neither Jenkins or Roane scored. I am assuming that they didn't play. What's going on with Cosby basketball??

In my opinion, there is a two fold problem going on with Cosby basketball. First, this team kind of reminds me of UT's football program last year. All talent and very little leadership. If it wasn't for the Lowe brothers there would be no leadership on the team at all. And I have witnessed a few times where they have not ran the correct defense that coach Flatford has called or some other little things that make the difference. I would probablly say that they are frustrated that the other seniors on the team have not steped up like everyone thought they would. Rone and Jenkins can light it up from all over the court, but Rone has only got to play a couple of games because he stays in trouble all the time. Jenkins has played hard, but he has been in some trouble that has kept him out a few games. When he does play, he plays hard, but I have the feeling that he is missing that X factor that can bring the best out of the rest of the team. Leaders are not just great, they make others around them great too.

Second, we have to find the right combination of our inside game and our outside shooting of Rone and Jenkins. Our post have not showed up all season. They gave us a look at what they are capable of against GP. But strong post play once in awhile will not get Cosby back to the Buro. Im not sure if the post lose their confidence when Jenkins and Rone are shooting so much or what, but whatever is causing the problem they need to fix it fast or we wont make it out of the region tourny.

PS: Try playing some DEFENSE Eagles!!!

In my opinion, there is a two fold problem going on with Cosby basketball. First, this team kind of reminds me of UT's football program last year. All talent and very little leadership. If it wasn't for the Lowe brothers there would be no leadership on the team at all. And I have witnessed a few times where they have not ran the correct defense that coach Flatford has called or some other little things that make the difference. I would probablly say that they are frustrated that the other seniors on the team have not steped up like everyone thought they would. Rone and Jenkins can light it up from all over the court, but Rone has only got to play a couple of games because he stays in trouble all the time. Jenkins has played hard, but he has been in some trouble that has kept him out a few games. When he does play, he plays hard, but I have the feeling that he is missing that X factor that can bring the best out of the rest of the team. Leaders are not just great, they make others around them great too.

Second, we have to find the right combination of our inside game and our outside shooting of Rone and Jenkins. Our post have not showed up all season. They gave us a look at what they are capable of against GP. But strong post play once in awhile will not get Cosby back to the Buro. Im not sure if the post lose their confidence when Jenkins and Rone are shooting so much or what, but whatever is causing the problem they need to fix it fast or we wont make it out of the region tourny.

PS: Try playing some DEFENSE Eagles!!!

I know its still early, but after a loss like that to GP, Cosby needs to do some soul serching if win tomorrow, or any game... Sneedville is a tough place to play...