Bradley vs Ooltewah

walkenvol

Now I'm calling you out as I have wrestled "on and on" since '73 and I've never heard of you until you showed up on this board a couple years back. There is no record that I've seen where you ever wrestled a match in a TN state wrestling tourney. Having a relative who did doesn't count. Did you or did you not ever wrestle a varsity high school match in TN and if so what year and what was your record? If your going to present yourself as an expert, then you should have the resume' to support it. It appears that your highlight was fathering one 4th place finish and watching lots of TV when you were a kid.

simmer down Almighty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simmer down Almighty

there was some kind of award being nominated for this kind of post....but the name of it slips by me now.....some kind of BCB award......

I think it started with noise.....like: ding, ding, ding......

nah.....this could not qualify as one of those......could it? LOL.....just having fun WV.....no harm intended..... :)

ijtx Posted Today, 03:33 PM

Charlie Weis was Joe Montana's roomate when he played football at Notre Dame. He received his Bachelor's degree in Speech and Drama in 1978 from ND.

He might have roomed with Joe but he didn't play.

You need to read the Rigger creed before U step up to the plate :lol:

I Will Be Sure -- Always

Rigger's Pledge

I will keep constantly in mind that until men grow wings their parachutes must be dependable.

I will pack every parachute as though I am to jump with it myself, and will stand ready to jump with any parachute which I have certified as properly packed.

I will remember always that the other man's life is as dear to him as mine is to me.

I will never resort to guesswork, as I know that chance is a fool's gold and that I, a rigger, cannot depend on it.

I will never pass over any defect, nor neglect any repair, no matter how small, as I know that omissions and mistakes in the rigging of a parachute may cost a life.

I will keep all parachute equipment entrusted to my care in the best possible condition, remembering always that little things left undone cause major troubles.

I will never sign my name to a parachute inspection or packing certificate unless I have personally performed or directly supervised every step, and am entirely satisfied with all the work.

I will never let the idea that a piece of work is "good enough" make me a potential murderer through a careless mistake or oversight, for I know there can be no compromise with perfection.

I will keep always a wholehearted respect for my vocation, regarding it as a high profession rather than a day-to-day task, and will keep in mind constantly my grave responsibility.

I will be sure-always.

But as correspondent Steve Kroft reports, 18 years have passed since its last national championship, and in 2004, after two miserable seasons, it turned to Charle Weis, an alumnus who never played football, to restore the glory.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/26/...in2126629.shtml

Edited by rigger101

Folks,

Wrestling is a great sport, especially Tennessee wrestling! I am sure that each of us appreciates it or we would be in some other areas of the internet. Let me tell you about Dave Sommers. He is the "Rudy" of Tennessee wrestling. I do not know anyone who has a bigger heart and passion for the sport than he does. Since he was 7th grade, all he wanted was to go to the State wrestling tournament. Some people called it obsessive but for those who knew him realized that he had set a goal and was doing everything possible to obtain his objective. I still have letters and books that he would write "STATE!" This one word said it all. Everyday, he would remind his teammates of their real objectives during workouts - to work their hardest, to be the best they can and to help each other to reach the STATE tournament.

It is true that he never competed in the State tournament but even in his senior year when he lost in Regionals (back then there was the District, Region and then the State tournament), his attitude and behavior was not one of disappointment but that he was part of a team and he was too excited to support Pat Murphy and the remainder of his team to do their best.

Dave did not miss one minute of the STATE tournament because even if he personally did not make it.... HE DID MAKE IT... BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF A TEAM THAT HAD WRESTLERS PARTICIPATING IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT.

Thirty-eight years later, he has not lost not one ounce of his passion/heart for the sport.

Yes, God makes each of us different with different potential. Some people can reach 50% of their potential and still win the STATE tournament and then their is Dave Sommers, the only person I know that worked so hard and in my opinion did reach 100% of his God given potential but still did not go to the STATE tournament. Who is the real winner?

I dedicated my senior year to my brother Dave Sommers (Blosser). I prayed that I could possibly have 1/2 the dedication, passion and desire as my brother.

He loves to see other people succeed and is ALWAYS available to help and assist even if it is not in the sport of wrestling. He is a great admirer of those who have committed their lives to the sport of wrestling, Jim Morgan, Gordon Connell, Charlie & Lynn Goss, Mike Craft, Ward Gossett, Eddie Davidson, John Farr, Coach Miller, Turner Jackson and so many more. These individuals are considered heroes and role models of persistence and dedication.

My brother Dave is my hero. I have learned to accept that God gave me physical abilities and that He gave my brother the passion/heart to always strive reach his potential.

So as some of you want to compare his statistical win/loss record, I would encourage you to realize that:

"Success is not measured by a win/loss record but is determined by how close you can come to reaching your own potential." John Wooden (10 NCAA Basketball Championships, UCLA)

If any of you are wondering who I am, my name is Michael Blosser, Undefeated State Champion 167 lbs in 1982-Hixson High School. Pinned my way through District, Region and State Tournaments (except one match in the District tournament of which I won 18-0), Yes, I was awarded the Outstanding Wrestler award. Since then I have taken up Jiu Jitsu and last month won the Gold medal at the North American Championships, Bronze medal at the 2004 Pan American Games and a Gold medal at the 2004 National Jiu Jitsu tournament.

My brother still knows more about the sport of wrestling than I do. I am always asking him for advice.

I encourage each of you to go take Dave to lunch and meet him or just watch him on the side of the mat. His passion is contagious! I wish each of you the best in your endeavors and that each day you can strive to positively influence someone.

Happy Holidays,

Michael Blosser

Hixson '82

Al Martino, Dave Copeland, Steve McClure and Coach Parker, Jim Morgan, Pat Murphy and the entire Hixson wrestling team of 1982 were influential in my wrestling development.

Thank you Mom and Dad for attending all of my wrestling matches.

My apologies Rudy, I didn't realize you rode the short bus in HS.

Getting back to the topic of the thread, the WVOCADMOTW is the bears by 15. Actually, this thing is really hard to pick and I don't feel very confident in this line so be careful. Owls, you know I love you guys and your getting really close, but the bears strong senior class should lead them again. 3 1/2 hours till the fun starts, good luck to both teams.

There will be a whole bunch of JV matches from 6:00 to 7:00. This should give a pretty good preview of what Bradley and Ooltewah have coming up in their future. I'll be in the concession stand from 6 to 7. Stop in and get a coke and some popcorn and should be a great night of wrestling.