District 9 AAA

MJ AND BEYOND

Friday Night District Games...game 2 for most in 9AAA match-ups

Mt. Juliet @ Hendersonville MJ wins!

Beech @ WC WC wins. This could be closer than expected...Beech has a quality win over Clarksville NE.

LaVergne @ Gallatin hmmm....still the noise coming from L fans, and it sounds like others are starting to chime in. I'll still have to go with Gallatin at home

Bears will romp and stomp!

Go Bears! :thumb:

As predicted!

Beech was pretty tough on WC for a quarter...collapsing zone on Jenkins. Hmmm, if other shooters have an off night.....

Hendersonville - I was at this game, H'Ville even with Sr. guards had a huge amount of turnovers. MJ shooters were extremely impressive inside and out!! Wow!! Congratulations to Miaca Bowman for a strong game...very quick to the basket. MJ has the best guards in the midstate (Sharpe & Bowman)

What happened LaVergne?

Note on MJ - another 9 3 pointers for the night, 5 by Taylor Hall (19 for the season), 3 from K.C. Van Atta (30 for the season)

I guess we need to see/hear from Gallatin to see if there is any chance this can be a three horse race in 9AAA. :huh:

Go Bears! :lol:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i went to the WC vs Beech Game last night and i was very happy with what i saw for the most part. Beech did play well for a quarter i did expect a little more from them but they looked as though they were a pretty young team i could be wrong. On the WC side i was very happy with Lauren Farmer who made a few threes. She was on last night. One girl who i think will be huge for WC by the end of the year is number 11 Jessie Christopher. This was the first time i had seen her play for WC. She was making some great passes and was always moving even when she didnt have the ball. She could handle the full court pressure and made sure that the post got the ball where they wanted each time and another thing i liked was the charge that she took that shows she has heart. I enjoyed watching her play. I believe this will be a good year for WC keep on playing hard girls.

Well i went to the WC vs Beech Game last night and i was very happy with what i saw for the most part. Beech did play well for a quarter i did expect a little more from them but they looked as though they were a pretty young team i could be wrong. On the WC side i was very happy with Lauren Farmer who made a few threes. She was on last night. One girl who i think will be huge for WC by the end of the year is number 11 Jessie Christopher. This was the first time i had seen her play for WC. She was making some great passes and was always moving even when she didnt have the ball. She could handle the full court pressure and made sure that the post got the ball where they wanted each time and another thing i liked was the charge that she took that shows she has heart. I enjoyed watching her play. I believe this will be a good year for WC keep on playing hard girls.

Yep - we know Jessie as she transfered from MJ last year (what... did WC create yet another class that could only be taken there? :D ) Seriously, she plays a great game, she would have been nice as the fourth guard out for the Bears each game.

Will be interesting to see how she handles the MJ press, unlike the Beech pressure.

Nice to see Lauren Farmer have a little better game, she is only averaging 5 points after the 8 games - 0 points in the WC loss to Riverdale.

January 12th is coming, I guess this is what everyone will be looking toward as MJ and WC should square off with identical records (I am giving WC the win over Shelbyville mind you.)

Go Bears! :lol:

When Central plays MJ, post play will make a huge difference. I agree MJ has great guards, BUT posts are something different. When Central gets past the press, and yes, I'm saying it will be difficult, the posts will do a great job. Someone said that when T is being double and triple teamed, what happens when the other shooters are off... I seriously doubt all shooters are off on the same night. Central has a great team, so one man down you have 4 others to take your spot.

As for the comments about Christopher, she is a great ball player as well, and Central is lucky to have her on the team. She knows the MJ press, so she's probably well prepared for whats to come that game. She and Burroughs have brought a lot to the Central team. They've been fun to watch and I'm sure it'll just keep getting better as the season goes.

MJ 84 LaVergne 42.

Sorry LaVergne, you are not there yet. Score could have been worse.

LaVergne has some quick guards, and a nice game from Jefferson with 10 points, but not in the Bears league yet.

KC Van Atta led with 25 points (and 5 3 pointers) Taylor Hall had 19 with 3 3-pointers; Heather Miller had 15 points; Jordan Nixon had 11

I understand that Stratford protested the WC game (WC running up the score on November 30th)...not sure how that will read for ultimate score. Any details?

Go Bears! :o

Two things:

First: Did Stratford just not show up for the Wilson Central Game? If so, that seems to be a pretty poor lesson for the young ladies on their team. Maybe there are extenuiating circumstances that I am not aware?

Second: As far as Lavergne goes, the fans need to understand that this is big girl basketball with full-court pressure, relentless defense and the refs let them play. You have an incredible future with the 6' 4" Myers girl and #3 who I think are both freshman. These games are intense and pressure defense is the norm when you step up in competition and play with the elite programs. You guys are in good shape for the next three years and will definately be reckoned with.

[The game for LHS was a good game. Both LHS an MJ are good teams. We will see how the game goes in LHS house. It is a shame that the calls were not done well. Not balanced at all. Not a good look at how the girls play for real. Looking forward to the remach. Good luck to both schools B)

No need to blame the zebras, you lost by 42 pts......come on................you may play better in your home gym but, no way, will you beat Mt.Juliet

Other than Mt.Juliet and Wilson Central, I wouldn't worry about any other teams in the district. The whole season is just building up to their games, which will determing who wins the district and the region, too.

Of course it is very,very early...but after basically week one I agree. I see MJ and WC 1,2 District 1,2 Region (10AAA looks a bit down this year) and BOTH into State. Could we see 5 games this year?

For MJ fans the Lady Bears play @ Lebanon at 7 PM Friday, and against Oakland (!) at 4 PM Saturday (at LHS)...looking forward to both.

WC entertains Shelbyville (USA Today #22? Really?)...sounds like a dis of the mighty kitties!

Go Bears! :thumb: