Oneida football

TheRinger

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida this past season only had a few starters back on Defense. 2 at the most. Now this year they will have the Defensive line back and a few linebackers with some experience. Secondary loses a couple. On Offense they will have to replace the skill positions. They will still have the young talented line back. Which this year was their firtst playin time as sophmores.

Oneida returns 11 sophmores that started last year,not including juniors. The young,and talented linemen return. Lamberts athleticism will be missed along with Jeffers's hard running. Christianson will be missed but oneida still returns some starters in the secondary. Most starters or first subs from last years defense return,same on defense minus 3 or 4 good senior atheletes. Torrey Slaven returns for his junior year to run the offense without sharing snaps with Coty Younce. A young team,but mature enough to make big plays. Some freshmen from last year will have to step up and maybe fill some positions.

I would hope the progression of the team would entice all the coaches into remaining and seeing where they can take this team. The Jr. High has been steadily sending good football players up over the last several years. I would anticipate a good number of those players are getting ready to fill in some spots opened by graduation. Oneida has won way more ballgames over the last two decades than most. They are 14 years removed from a state championship, but to do it once means its possible to do it again. Granted it takes committment, execution, good players, and a little dose of luck to do it, but the task here isn't impossible. :o There may be some out there that see the glass as half empty or half full :o well.......everybody needs to get involved in the task of filling the dang thang back up to the rim! Don't moan....don't whine.....and don't expect shortcuts, cause there isn't any. Roll up your sleeves and crack the whip!?!? Hard work never killed anybody.

Kazeen :thumb:

I would hope the progression of the team would entice all the coaches into remaining and seeing where they can take this team. The Jr. High has been steadily sending good football players up over the last several years. I would anticipate a good number of those players are getting ready to fill in some spots opened by graduation. Oneida has won way more ballgames over the last two decades than most. They are 14 years removed from a state championship, but to do it once means its possible to do it again. Granted it takes committment, execution, good players, and a little dose of luck to do it, but the task here isn't impossible. :o There may be some out there that see the glass as half empty or half full :rolleyes: well.......everybody needs to get involved in the task of filling the dang thang back up to the rim! Don't moan....don't whine.....and don't expect shortcuts, cause there isn't any. Roll up your sleeves and crack the whip!?!? Hard work never killed anybody.

Kazeen :D

Kaz, it's been awhile-what's up your way, pal? I just noticed what you were saying about young talent at Oneida. Well, the same can be said at Wartburg, but the coaching situation is such a mess I wouldn't be surprised if some of them went somewhere else! I think they had a kid transfer to Coalfield last year and I wouldn't be surprised if more followed suit. I understand that Wartburg Middle School has some great athletes and decent size, but old L.D. will surely waste the talent! But I honestly believe that Oneida always has good young talent. Well, it's a long wait untill next season, so I guess we'll have to watch basketball or some other meaningless sport in the meantime......later,dude.

:rolleyes: The lion sleeps tonight.............Heres hoping LD don't move North. :D I need to hook my wagon to a reliable horse. The giant don't sleep much from what I hear........he just puts in another game film. :o I also heard metal pounding the other day........it came from the fieldhouse! WOW, who woulda thunk it! We are always gonna have skill position players......I mean really.......who can name the last skill position player that was just out and out awful? All my enemies be very careful with that one. Burchfield was the DC for the team that won it all in 92. Lambert could figure out a way to stop an avalanche! Martin was on that championship team, I think he even scored in it. Matthews, if you cut him, might very well actually bleed orange. Same with Stephens, who has college ball experience. And Lloyd gives freely of his knowledge as a college QB. Deep staff: needs energetic, resourceful, hard working young men, with a willingness to be molded into a unit to report this spring. Take another chance all you fellows that miss "cracking heads". :o Its time for the giant to reared his ugly side and kick some Oneida Style.

Recruiter Kazato

:rolleyes: The lion sleeps tonight.............Heres hoping LD don't move North. :D I need to hook my wagon to a reliable horse. The giant don't sleep much from what I hear........he just puts in another game film. :o I also heard metal pounding the other day........it came from the fieldhouse! WOW, who woulda thunk it! We are always gonna have skill position players......I mean really.......who can name the last skill position player that was just out and out awful? All my enemies be very careful with that one. Burchfield was the DC for the team that won it all in 92. Lambert could figure out a way to stop an avalanche! Martin was on that championship team, I think he even scored in it. Matthews, if you cut him, might very well actually bleed orange. Same with Stephens, who has college ball experience. And Lloyd gives freely of his knowledge as a college QB. Deep staff: needs energetic, resourceful, hard working young men, with a willingness to be molded into a unit to report this spring. Take another chance all you fellows that miss "cracking heads". :o Its time for the giant to reared his ugly side and kick some Oneida Style.

Recruiter Kazato