Harpeth @ Sycamore

wareagleblue

Yes, sportsfans the game we've all been waiting for Harpeth High School vs. Sycamore High School. What do you think will happen in this game? Harpeth is no longer invincible with the loss to Cheatham Co. Will Sycamore take a commanding lead in the district or will it be a three way tie for first. Could one of the Cheatham County teams faulter to a noncounty team, and slide to third or possibly even fourth?

Gosh, so many possibilities after the impossible has happened.

OK, sorry got a little out of hand. What's gonna happen Friday?

I'll make my prediction later after my head has cleared.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sportsfans the game we've all been waiting for Harpeth High School vs. Sycamore High School. What do you think will happen in this game? Harpeth is no longer invincible with the loss to Cheatham Co. Will Sycamore take a commanding lead in the district or will it be a three way tie for first. Could one of the Cheatham County teams faulter to a noncounty team, and slide to third or possibly even fourth?

Gosh, so many possibilities after the impossible has happened.

OK, sorry got a little out of hand. What's gonna happen Friday?

I'll make my prediction later after my head has cleared.

How did Sycamore do tonight, boys and girls? This game will be good Sycamore has too many threats and wont be able to stop Mendenhall, with that said which would you like better too many threats or one unstoppable threat. Mendenhall can be stopped but it hasnt happened yet.

I'd take a team over one individual any day. However, Harpeth has more than one threat. Richardson is taking more shots than anybody on the team for them right now, and Flippo has the ability to score. But they are definetly not playing as a team. As I mentioned, Richardson is taking tons of shots, this is not based on whether she is making them or not, she is just shooting. Seems like every time Mendenhall scores Richardson tries to shoot when she touches it until she can score too. If she would learn to play with her team and not compete against the others on it, this Harpeth team would be much more dangerous, and she would probably find that she would be a better player as well.

Edited by theglove d-up

I'd take a team over one individual any day. However, Harpeth has more than one threat. Richardson is taking more shots than anybody on the team for them right now, and Flippo has the ability to score. But they are definetly not playing as a team. As I mentioned, Richardson is taking tons of shots, this is not based on whether she is making them or not, she is just shooting. Seems like every time Mendenhall scores Richardson tries to shoot when she touches it until she can score too. If she would learn to play with her team and not compete against the others on it, this Harpeth team would be much more dangerous, and she would probably find that she would be a better player as well.

I couldn't have said it better!

Sycamore wins by 15, because they play the JV during the majority of the 4th quarter.

Sycamore boys and girls won last night.

While Mendenhall is a great player, I would always take the team over an individual.

This should be evident in last night's game, Mendenhall had a great game, but no one else did.

You're right! But if Flippo, Richardson and Mendenhall are all on in Friday's game, Sycamore's JV may not see the floor in the 4th. Harpeth's defense will have to be tougher, and the posts will definitely have to step up more.

Just an outside observer, but sounds like some hard feelings.

Mendenhall is a D-1 player, but on another post it was said there were 2 D-1 players at Harpeth. While Richardson and Flippo are solid players, they are D-2 at best. This is not meant as harmful, just an honest opinion.

I have not seen Sycamore play this year, but this should be a good game. I'll take Sycamore by 5. Mendenhall will be difficult to stop, while the post presence at Sycamore will make the difference.

I will say this wareagleblue you may have made a believer out of me i never thought i would say that but I kno sycamore is good and Harpeth is too but the whole Richardson thing when the team is loosing she thinks she is the only one on the floor and she thinks she has to win the game by herself and there doesn seem to be a competition between Mendenhall and Richardson. But, the Harpeth player that will be the key to the game will be Holli Flippo if she plays well this game will be a close game but if she doesnt show up to play it might get out of hand my prediction:

to close to call but the game will be within 5 points

but to HHSnumber1fan remember this Harpeth has beaten plenty of teams this year but lost to the unstoppable player (Megan Hunter)

I know someone must have some ideas. Are the Harpeth fans still in a stupor from last night?

What do you think HHSnumber1fan means??? And I am sure you dont observe that Richardson shoots more than any other player in just one game so I would say theglove d-up would be somewhat of a fan.

Richardson and MEndenhall are friends, but Richardson gets just a little jealous of Mendenhall whenever Mendenhall doesnt miss. Mendenhall will have a good game, Flippo will have a good game, Richardson will take a lot of shots if half of them fall there will be a three way tie for first place with the cheatham teams in the county. Flippo will be a D1 player, she is only a junior.

Sycamore 47

Harpeth 50

And next game against Cheatham, Harpeth will beat them. BOOK IT