Megan Crowell - 2 pts (2 of 2 FT's), 3 rebs, 1 blk, 1 asst

Courtney Campbell - 3 rebs, 1 blk

Allison Mills - 1 reb

Rachel Jernigan - 1 reb

Olivia Jones - 1 reb

Casie Horton - 0 of 2 FT's

Team Stats:

Three Point Goals: Loretto 3, Page 5

Free Throws: Loretto 21 of 34 (61.8%), Page 10 of 19 (52.6%)

Rebounds: Loretto 31, Page 33

Assists: Loretto 18, Page 11

Fouls: Loretto 18, Page 25

Turnovers: Loretto 17, Page 23

It was tied at the end of the 1st qtr, 13-13, as Loretto's Williams led their scoring with 7 and Cross added a three while Page's attack was led by Morton with 6 and Bowling added 4. In the 2nd qtr, Page outscored Loretto, 13-11, as Bowling had 5 and both Morton and Herald added 4 each while Loretto's Williams had 4 and Moore hit a three as Page led at the half, 26-24. In the 3rd qtr, Page outscored Loretto, 22-18, as both Bowling and Ford had 8 each with 2 threes and Morton added 4 while Loretto's attack was led by Williams with 6 followed by Cross with 5 that included a three, and Brewer added 5 as Page seemed to be in control with a 6 pt. lead at 48-42. The 4th qtr and game went to Loretto as they outscored Page 26-11 as Brewer had 12 and Williams had 6 while Page's Morton had 8 and Ford added a three. In this qtr, Loretto hit 12 of 21 FT's while Page was 0 of 5 FT's and committed 6 turnovers while Loretto had only 3 as the Lady Mustangs took the win at 68-59.

Upon further review, Loretto had another FT attempt by Williams which adjusts their FT total to 34 - like they really needed another FT attempt.

Edited by PageMan

tigerman: I knew two of the officials quite well as they are out of Columbia, I believe, and they are father and son, but I won't name them. One of the interesting calls concerned tie-ups on rebounds. When we got a rebound and they reached in, a jump ball call, but when they got a rebound and we reached in, it was a foul. Also when we drove to the basket, contact was allowed - when they drove to the basket, the touch foul was called. I just wish the calls had been consistent on both ends of the court. I'm not blaming the officials for our loss as we just blew it in the 4th qtr.

Pageman , Could you tell us what constitutes an assist for you. I have heard several criteria, but I generally think when a basket is made after a pass and the receiver takes no more than 2 dribbles the passer should be given the assist. Is that anywhere close to accurate?

Also, do you give an assist to the passer if the shooter is fouled in the act of shooting and goes to the line? If so does she have to make 1 or both free throws before the assist is given?

furycoach: I give an assist if the pass leads to an immediate score and gives the scoring player an advantage. If the scoring player makes a move after receiving the pass to get free, then I don't give an assist.

In regards to assists for FT's, I used to score assists, but after reading the NCAA scoring rules about this situation, I no longer give assists for plays that lead to FT's.

Well, tigerman, it's still early, but here are the district standings:

Marshall Co....1-0

Spring Hill......2-1

Lewis Co........1-1

Giles Co.........1-1

Loretto...........1-1

Page..............0-2

Although I seen all the teams for a least 2 games, I'm not sure there is a favorite yet. All the teams seem somewhat inconsistent - good games followed by bad games. The Night of Stars at Lewisburg was a poor showing by our district with only Spring Hill looking good. Next week's district games are: Loretto at Giles on Tuesday, Page at Marshall Co. and Lewis Co. at Spring Hill on Friday. I don't think we'll have a clear favorite until after the Jan. 5 games of Page at Lewis Co., Loretto at Marshall Co., and Giles Co. at Spring Hill.