New Memphis Top 12 Teams in the city

Icy

I am not sure that I would include CBHS on that list... Other than that, I think that the list in pretty accurate. R.E. is the class of Memphis this year. Georgia Tech Signee Mo Miller is the true leader of that team. Look for them to make a serious run at the Hardware at the end of the year.

I have got out to see Elliot Williams at St Geroge's yet, But the JR Guard is getting alot of attention from some impressive schools. Both Bruce Pearl and John Calipari have been out to see him play in person this year.

That is a Shocker!! Having seen ECS play in person, I am confident in saying that this isn't one of Terry Tippet's better teams. Not much talent there. Their 6'7" sophmore will help when he becomes eligible in January. He is long and gangly and has a nice touch around the basket.

Edited by Rob_M

That is a Shocker!! Having seen ECS play in person, I am confident in saying that this isn't one of Terry Tippet's better teams. Not much talent there. Their 6'7" sophmore will help when he becomes eligible in January. He is long and gangly and has a nice touch around the basket.

I have not seen St. George's this year, but I'm not ready to call it a shocker. Certainly a suprise. Even with Elliot, I think there is quite a drop off between DIv II large and DIv II small. That being said, a win over Briarcrest is impressive. I'll have to see they play to judge myself. Who does St. George's have over the holidays, not including Div II - Small competition?

Question? The 6'7" kid from ECS, is he a tranfer? ANy details would be great. Thanks!

St. George's plays Central Saturday and that's their only non-D2 game over the break.

Having seen ECS and St. George's both multiple times I thought it would have been a 15-20 point game easily with Bowers and Williams being so much taller than any ECS player with extended minutes.

And Stringfellow is a 6-7 soph. transfer from Arlington who'll be eligible Feb. 4 I believe, if not earlier. Supposedly he'll be 6-9 or taller by next season.

Edited by spartans3