A strong supporter of Tennesse Wrestling died last night

fiscon

I just got the news that Frank Drinkwine, father of former Overton wrestlers Tim, Brian, and Jonathan, had a massive heart attack last night and passed away.

Frank was a great man and father. If any of you know the Drinkwines you can attest to that.

I will post details about the funeral arrangements as they come available.

Keep Donna, Jeremy, Tim, Brian, Jonathan, and Kendall in your prayers.

Edited by fiscon

This is sad news for the wrestling community, especially Nashville and Overton. The Drinkwines where huge supporters of the Bobcat wrestling program and were very involved. My prayers go out to Mrs. Drinkwine and the boys.

Brian was active at my church, he was a very nice young man my thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Services for Frank are as follows:

Visitation on Friday, Dec 15 from 12 pm - 9 pm at Hickory Chapel on Nolensville Road in Nashville. We believe it used to be called Woodbine Funeral Home.

Funeral Services will be on Saturday at 2 pm with visitation beginning at 1pm at Judson Baptist Church on Franklin Road across from Overton High School.

I just got the news that Frank Drinkwine, father of former Overton wrestlers Tim, Brian, and Jonathan, had a massive heart attack last night and passed away.

Frank was a great man and father. If any of you know the Drinkwines you can attest to that.

I will post details about the funeral arrangements as they come available.

Keep Donna, Jeremy, Tim, Brian, Jonathan, and Kendall in your prayers.

Donna, our prayers are with you and your family. God be with all of you!!

• 2 months later...
As friends with and competitors against the Drinkwine boys, I can attest to the fact that it would be hard to find a better group of people. My condolences to you guys. May God bless you all.

Coach Smitherman

Northwest High School/UTC Alum

There is no question I am a blessed and fortunate man. I am one who has had his path crossed by many different people; people who contributed to a beautiful tapestry. My life is reflected in this tapestry which is one thread after another: family, friends, colleagues, the wrestling community, Christian fellowship, students, and student-athletes just to name a few. Each thread is woven together to form a masterpiece that resembles beauty and grace.

With this in mind, I have been reminded of God’s sufficient grace the past two months since my father’s passing. As time passes on and this world continues to go about its business, I wanted to stop and reflect on the recent weeks. Put plainly, I did not want another day to go by without letting you know how thankful I am for everyone’s part in my life.

During this time of bereavement and grieving, my family and I have been overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with thankfulness, gratitude, and a deep appreciation for those we are blessed to call family and friends. Your support is immeasurable and I am eternally grateful.

I am truly blessed and fortunate to be able to call you a friend. Many thanks for your loving and prayerful support.

-Timothy Drinkwine (p.s.- I am using my brother's (Brian) account as I do not have an account with coacht)

There is no question I am a blessed and fortunate man. I am one who has had his path crossed by many different people; people who contributed to a beautiful tapestry. My life is reflected in this tapestry which is one thread after another: family, friends, colleagues, the wrestling community, Christian fellowship, students, and student-athletes just to name a few. Each thread is woven together to form a masterpiece that resembles beauty and grace.

With this in mind, I have been reminded of God’s sufficient grace the past two months since my father’s passing. As time passes on and this world continues to go about its business, I wanted to stop and reflect on the recent weeks. Put plainly, I did not want another day to go by without letting you know how thankful I am for everyone’s part in my life.

During this time of bereavement and grieving, my family and I have been overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with thankfulness, gratitude, and a deep appreciation for those we are blessed to call family and friends. Your support is immeasurable and I am eternally grateful.

I am truly blessed and fortunate to be able to call you a friend. Many thanks for your loving and prayerful support.

-Timothy Drinkwine (p.s.- I am using my brother's (Brian) account as I do not have an account with coacht)

To the Drinkwine family,

I am sure your dad is proud of you and the entire family. Your family has given many talents and time to the wrestling community and it has been appreciated. just reading your post, I know that your dad is looking down on you fondly and your mother is very proud of you as well. The wrestling community is blessed to have people like you on our team.

Know that there are many of us who appreciate what you and your family have done for all of us.

Thank You!