McCALLIE INVITATIONAL Brackets posted

sweepit

The seeding criteria, according to the tournament director, is:

1. Head-to-head wrestling this season

2. McCallie Tournament Champion

3. State Champion

4. McCallie Tournament place finisher

5. State place finisher

I don't get why Wes Brett of Soddy is seeded ahead of Whitaker. Wes is a fine wrestler, and may be much better than Bailey, but he's not had a head-to-head match up with Whitaker this year and he's not a former McCallie tournament champion. Another puzzler.

If that's the case, then why is Sliger not #1 in the heavyweight bracket? He won last year, And he and Still haven't wrestled this year, so there's no real reason for that switch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seeding criteria, according to the tournament director, is:

1. Head-to-head wrestling this season

2. McCallie Tournament Champion

3. State Champion

4. McCallie Tournament place finisher

5. State place finisher

I don't get why Wes Brett of Soddy is seeded ahead of Whitaker. Wes is a fine wrestler, and may be much better than Bailey, but he's not had a head-to-head match up with Whitaker this year and he's not a former McCallie tournament champion. Another puzzler.

I did not see where Wes placed in McCallie's tournament the last two years either. Even though like you said he is a really good wrestler. Did he place at state last year? The only head to head he has had with Temple was in the McCallie Invitational in 2004, where Temple beat him 16-6.

And McCallie won't wrestle their matches on the corner mat in front of their fans either.

Are you saying that McCallie sets all of this up? Are you sure its not just the luck of the draw that the mccallie wrestlers have the best draws and every single match is infront of their student section? Hmmm... I never thought of that.. You make a good point mtnrasslin

Are you saying that McCallie sets all of this up? Are you sure its not just the luck of the draw that the mccallie wrestlers have the best draws and every single match is infront of their student section? Hmmm... I never thought of that.. You make a good point mtnrasslin

Wow. You all are incredible. And that's all there is to say.