Beech Tournament 12/28-30

timbdp

You are absolutely correct NOMOORE.. Two freshman should be starting on freshman teams and JV teams where they can mature and develop toughness like the senior high girls. This is high school, no scholarships, you have to serve some time before you can earn a spot on the bench. What two freshman can play? I saw Beech at the Christmas Tournament. I saw a decent team, but no division 1's.

I don't think he said that the freshmen were Division I prospects (now). But, there are definitely two freshmen on Beech who should be seeing a lot more time than they are. You certainly develop more "maturity and toughness" by playing in varsity games. I was also at the tournament and saw them play one game. One of the freshmen never left the bench and she is probably one of their best post players. Oh well, seniority rules in high school I suppose........... :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he said that the freshmen were Division I prospects (now). But, there are definitely two freshmen on Beech who should be seeing a lot more time than they are. You certainly develop more "maturity and toughness" by playing in varsity games. I was also at the tournament and saw them play one game. One of the freshmen never left the bench and she is probably one of their best post players. Oh well, seniority rules in high school I suppose........... :rolleyes:

Beech has no freshmen that should be starting. The post player you are referring to was a good middle school player last year but won't really help them until middle of next year. Shes not ready to play but is a great hard working kid and will get great time with freshmen and jv games. Also, Beech runs a 4 and 5 out offense and pressure defense so coach walker doesn't use a post in a traditional manner. Their best post now is only 5'9" and Beech went to the state championship game 5-6 years ago with a 5'8" Kari Maddox at post. This current Beech team is a far cry from that but has many good young players that will be good in a few years. Losing their starting point guard will hurt them in district play.

Beech has no freshmen that should be starting. The post player you are referring to was a good middle school player last year but won't really help them until middle of next year. Shes not ready to play but is a great hard working kid and will get great time with freshmen and jv games. Also, Beech runs a 4 and 5 out offense and pressure defense so coach walker doesn't use a post in a traditional manner. Their best post now is only 5'9" and Beech went to the state championship game 5-6 years ago with a 5'8" Kari Maddox at post. This current Beech team is a far cry from that but has many good young players that will be good in a few years. Losing their starting point guard will hurt them in district play.

The pope would accept them with open arms.........I guarantee it.

The pope would accept them with open arms.........I guarantee it.

thats unnecessary. Do you disagree with my post or what? I've known most of those freshman since they were 9-10 years old and are all great kids. Besides, the pope has the best freshman team around but you won't know because your principal won't let you schedule. Have a cupcake. LOL

thats unnecessary. Do you disagree with my post or what? I've known most of those freshman since they were 9-10 years old and are all great kids. Besides, the pope has the best freshman team around but you won't know because your principal won't let you schedule. Have a cupcake. LOL

I'm not affiliated with Beech in anyway. I just see many games, including a few of the popes. I don't agree with your post. I have talked with several area coaches recently and they all say one of the two freshman should start and the other one should play more. I would start them both. This would help them in the future. Are you an official coach at pope or just a helper?

I'm not affiliated with Beech in anyway. I just see many games, including a few of the popes. I don't agree with your post. I have talked with several area coaches recently and they all say one of the two freshman should start and the other one should play more. I would start them both. This would help them in the future. Are you an official coach at pope or just a helper?

NOMORE... Give me a break. This is high school, not college where you are paying the kids a scholarship to play and where coaches get fired everyday for losing. Jasmine Hassell at WC is a freshman that you could not keep out of the lineup. She would only dominate freshman and JV games. Are you telling me these Beech freshman would dominate JV and freshman games? I know these area coaches love the game, but have they ever been a parent? I f you keep playing for the future, you will never do well in the present.

NOMORE... Give me a break. This is high school, not college where you are paying the kids a scholarship to play and where coaches get fired everyday for losing. Jasmine Hassell at WC is a freshman that you could not keep out of the lineup. She would only dominate freshman and JV games. Are you telling me these Beech freshman would dominate JV and freshman games? I know these area coaches love the game, but have they ever been a parent? I f you keep playing for the future, you will never do well in the present.

One more thing, NOMORE.... My neighbor has a niece on Beech's team. He said that program is heavily supported by parent's money and time. I would be ticked if a freshman played in front of my kid after contributing so much over the years. My question is are they a Jasmine Hassell or a former Beech super star Courtney Boynton? I saw one game at the Christmas tournment. All I saw from the freshman was loose balls and turnovers, you know , things you see from a freshman. I am sure the Beech coach is good but, why push freshman in to a situation they are not ready for.

One more thing, NOMORE.... My neighbor has a niece on Beech's team. He said that program is heavily supported by parent's money and time. I would be ticked if a freshman played in front of my kid after contributing so much over the years. My question is are they a Jasmine Hassell or a former Beech super star Courtney Boynton? I saw one game at the Christmas tournment. All I saw from the freshman was loose balls and turnovers, you know , things you see from a freshman. I am sure the Beech coach is good but, why push freshman in to a situation they are not ready for.

You just hit the nail on the head! Parents TIME and MONEY = PLAYING TIME! I have a daughter who plays in high school (not Beech). Whether or not she gets playing time depends on HER not ME. I contribute to her high school program with my time and money (just like everyone else). But, I DO NOT expect her to play in front of someone (regardless of class) just because I have been contributing longer. Everyone loses in that situation 1. Your daughter has been given playing time she does not work for or deserve. 2. The other player is being held back because YOU have contributed more of your TIME and MONEY. 3. The TEAM suffers because the best players are not playing.

While you where at the game did any of the "starters" have any loose balls or turnovers? If we start looking at the "player" and not the "age", things start to look a little different.

I would love to have a 5'10" point guard on my team, I wouldn't care what class she was in!.......................... :D

Edited by stlbrd

You just hit the nail on the head! Parents TIME and MONEY = PLAYING TIME! I have a daughter who plays in high school (not Beech). Whether or not she gets playing time depends on HER not ME. I contribute to her high school program with my time and money (just like everyone else). But, I DO NOT expect her to play in front of someone (regardless of class) just because I have been contributing longer. Everyone loses in that situation 1. Your daughter has been given playing time she does not work for or deserve. 2. The other player is being held back because YOU have contributed more of your TIME and MONEY. 3. The TEAM suffers because the best players are not playing.

While you where at the game did any of the "starters" have any loose balls or turnovers? If we start looking at the "player" and not the "age", things start to look a little different.

I would love to have a 5'10" point guard on my team, I wouldn't care what class she was in!.......................... :lol:

This is the best post I have ever read. Sad to say, it goes on at a lot of schools where coaches have no backbone.

I doubt many people will sympathize with your situation. Time and money does not equal playing time. You should be a politician!!!!!!!! :unsure::blink:

I doubt many people will sympathize with your situation. Time and money does not equal playing time. You should be a politician!!!!!!!! B)B)

maybe I should be a politician... Let me be perfectly clear. If the kids are equal in skillset, go with the players and parents that have made a committment to the program longer. Wow... that was good. Of course, I am using logic with high school sports. Sorry :(

maybe I should be a politician... Let me be perfectly clear. If the kids are equal in skillset, go with the players and parents that have made a committment to the program longer. Wow... that was good. Of course, I am using logic with high school sports. Sorry B)

the best kids play.......

Logic? You must be a politician because your the only one with that opinion. B)

Edited by Set A Virp