McCallie results

Taxman

I loved harry thornton and tojo but the best ever around here was Haystack Calhoun. Jackie Fargo is a close second!!!

lol..me too. My son and I bought all of the best matches on dvd from the late 60's through early 80's on dvd. I have tons of the Gulas era stuff and memphis stuff. My favorite is the stuff from memorial auditorium in Chattanooga. Fun stuff and great memories of when I was a kid. The really cool part is watching some of the old commercials that ran in the 70's on the weekly tv show. J.M Sanders, diamond king of the south, etc.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I buy that Norman is 18. I remember Norman from southeast regionals wrestling Kyle and Ryan, and he wasn't wrestling up. That's the same kid that took the cheap shot and hurt Ensminger at the Challenge Cup.

Not to beat it to death. No dog in the Ga. hunt. Known Norman since he was a kindergardener in the K-2 div @ the FCI tournaments right along side most of the what are now high school seniors today. Remember when he got his driver's license. Strong indicator. Nobody would sandbag a year of driving those Murray County High School girls around...

After going thru every bracket, I would like to give my OW award to .....................

Mike Bell ,140lber from the Baylor School for Boys and Girls. Now I can hear some of you McCallie School for Boys saying " BearCat you are a complete Idiot" This may be true in readin and riting and putting them numbers together but not in Rasslin.

It is true that Mr Young beat Mike Bell but here are the young lads ( that wears that stylish 1907 uniform ) last four matches

Defeats Ryan Knoz

Loses to Mr Young

Defeats Ulric Winesburgh

Defeats Andrew Lanham

A pretty good days work

Congrats Mike Bell

BCB

congrats to Greeneville finished 9th in Team Points

and also had 4 medalist (thanks pointblank)

Matt King 4th in 103

Caleb Myers 3rd in 125

Joel Brimer 5th in 160

Charlie Arrington 3rd in 171

Way to go Greeneville matmen.

Edited by FIG4

lol..me too. My son and I bought all of the best matches on dvd from the late 60's through early 80's on dvd. I have tons of the Gulas era stuff and memphis stuff. My favorite is the stuff from memorial auditorium in Chattanooga. Fun stuff and great memories of when I was a kid. The really cool part is watching some of the old commercials that ran in the 70's on the weekly tv show. J.M Sanders, diamond king of the south, etc.

Don't forget Totten's discount furniture where you BUY that totten pickin' furniture and not the building you must know what I'm talkin' aBOUT!, BOUT!, BOUT!, bout...

Don't forget Totten's discount furniture where you BUY that totten pickin' furniture and not the building you must know what I'm talkin' aBOUT!, BOUT!, BOUT!, bout...

And Baylor's forrest Cate's daddy with the service dog @ the Ford Dealership and Hannah Adams Appliances. All good people!!

Congrats to Mr Stephens on an outstanding weekend, he wrestled with great poise registering wins over Waddell and Tolbert. IMHO, the finals match was much closer then the score would indicate due to the first flury. Stephens gets into Waddell's legs on a good shot and Waddell counters by going upside down back into Stephen's legs, common technique with elite level high school and college wrestlers. The official awards the TD and starts counting NF while Waddell thinks he is still in a scramble for the TD which changed the completion of the match. A rematch between these 2 would be fun.

Props out to the Father Ryan 171 (appeared to be a 152 pounder and I would assume the backup to Bateman) who battled to a 4th place finish. You showed the same heart and fight I've been seeing out of Baylor's Shufford at 189 who weighs in the 60's and registered a 5th place finish. FR's team must be very balanced to have finished 5th with no finalists and 3 4th place finishers.

Dont forget.. when they were restarted about 10 seconds later Stephens put him to his back once again for another set of backs.. Dont try to take it away from him. Solid win over a 2x state champ.