whats going on with south doyle football

southdoylefan

I'm really not sure about the TSSAA rule, but I can't see many other systems allowing a kid to be eligible after a kid was expelled for zero-tolerance.

well i know wilcox was a good player but we as a team must move on with out him just because we lost 1 player do not mean that the season is lost we are just going to have to step up thats all im saying

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south doyle weight room closed down to unfit facilties, some kind of infection in it, dont think it has been cleaned since former coach was there. Who, responsebilites is it to clean? Maybe Mr.Duncan schould keep a beter watch on his area i believe he is the so called AD what a joke, we know now why the powell community doesnt want him back.

I guess he expects the coaches to clean up the messes that they make. He probably wants to stay out of the coaches business. Him being a former coach himself. I would think that Hutchins would want him out of his business. I myself have had to clean up things that I have been involved with. Maybe you could volunteer the time to go in and clean up and help with getting it back in order. I don't think that I would expect someone that has nothing to do with what I am doing coming in and picking up and cleaning up behind me. It is up to the coaching staff to teach these young men that they must take responsibility and clean up after themselves.

I have kept up with this thread since coach duncan went to south doyle. With his tremendous coaching record I assumed that the program would get much better and build on what it had done. Notright as I have said in many posts before you seem to be extremely dissatisfied with things and looking at the records from the past 3 years I can understand why. Now that the weight room fiasco is going on it seems that something must be done. It is the responsibility of the players to make sure that their facilities are clean, the coach to make sure they do their job cleaning and the A.D. to make sure the coach is doing his job. The A.D. should stay out of the way unless he is needed. By the way did the former coach make the boys take care of the facilities and what kind of shape were they in

I have kept up with this thread since coach duncan went to south doyle. With his tremendous coaching record I assumed that the program would get much better and build on what it had done. Notright as I have said in many posts before you seem to be extremely dissatisfied with things and looking at the records from the past 3 years I can understand why. Now that the weight room fiasco is going on it seems that something must be done. It is the responsibility of the players to make sure that their facilities are clean, the coach to make sure they do their job cleaning and the A.D. to make sure the coach is doing his job. The A.D. should stay out of the way unless he is needed. By the way did the former coach make the boys take care of the facilities and what kind of shape were they in

the ad sure stays out of the way so far out of the way he does nothing,it is his job to make sure the coach does his and that is not working either.As to your question about the former coach from what i know and have been told that it was a very clean feild house and weightroom, it isnt now the feild is a good example as well as the bleachers they havent been cleaned since first year they were installed.The feild was the worst ive seen it in years this past year! But who cares we have a ad that is from powell and a coach that could care less or these things would b handled!!!!!!

I guess he expects the coaches to clean up the messes that they make. He probably wants to stay out of the coaches business. Him being a former coach himself. I would think that Hutchins would want him out of his business. I myself have had to clean up things that I have been involved with. Maybe you could volunteer the time to go in and clean up and help with getting it back in order. I don't think that I would expect someone that has nothing to do with what I am doing coming in and picking up and cleaning up behind me. It is up to the coaching staff to teach these young men that they must take responsibility and clean up after themselves.

i think you answered your own question about someone helping the ad should make sure his so called coaches do there job!

if the weight room and field house were in good shape when the coach and the A.D. got there then it is their job to keep it up. Be good stewards. How is the discipline and work ethic in the program. I am a believer that keeping things in good shape is a matter of pride within the program from the top to the last guy off the sideline. Have you talked with the admininstration to see what they think. Also, if the field is in bad shape maybe the coach should get some help from other people. I saw a picture of your field several years ago when you guys were playing Heritage (I think) The field looked great and you guys really looked good and won big. Is the excitement the same as then....I used to be able to watch the inside prespective and find out the news from knoxville football

I don't know of any field this year that was in good shape at the end of the year. Any team that played week 10 at home has a crappy field. The rain destroyed most fields. When Duncan was at Powell he maintained his field like it was a golf course. It was the best around. He spent hours and hours on the field year round. Yes it is up to the coach to maintain that field and fieldhouse as well as bleachers. If football wants to keep all the gate then they get to clean up the bleachers. I guess that one problem left next is do the people of South-Doyle want to keep the current coach. If not do what you have to find or get a new one. It seems to me that the current football staff seems to be the problem not the AD. I am not at all saying to fire the coach. Just take the problems to him and ask him. The AD is the last resort. Maybe you could spend less time on the computer and go clean the bleachers up, or even volunteer to work on the weightroom and fieldhouse. Or maybe you could just keep on typing crap on here about the dislikes you have about the AD, and the facilities continue to get worse. I promise you the coaching staff, administration would welcome you to come assit them in fixing these issues. Now are you gonna keep fussing or do something about it.

Oh yeah somebody is getting paid to maintain the field, why don't you find out who if it so bad. It is usually a coach getting a second supplement.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

Leonard you are kind of right about the AD...but....when Coach Stafford was here and had the person coaching under him you didn't have to worry about the fieldhouse, the weight room which was really new and nice or the field. They were all kept in good shape. Maybe it was the coach or maybe the AD but whoever made sure it got done got it done. getright I was on that team that you were talking about and our field was great (Coach Sanders) painted it with help from a couple of parents, Kenny Norris and coaches wife. We also beat Heritage that year by a big score and went on to the play-offs. I loved South-Doyle and still do. As for the my coach, he was in town Friday night at the funeral home where one of his former softball players parents had passed. I don't know many other people say about him but that is just what I always said, whether you liked him or not (sometimes I didn't) he cared about his people and taught us that no matter how far down you are and what happens bad to you get up dust yourself off and make something positive out of it.