Temple, Sequatchie at Dalton tournament

Indian

http://www.northwestgeorgia.com/sports/loc...=secondarystory

Temple won over a good Dalton team that beat Soddy-Daisy yesterday. Sequatchie lost by 8, free throw attempts were 42 to 21 against one of the 5A locals Murray County. Sequatchie was 16-21. Murray missed some front end of one-and-ones or the attempts would have been even wider. Murray shot 20 in the fourth quarter.

http://www.northwestgeorgia.com/sports/loc...=secondarystory

Temple won over a good Dalton team that beat Soddy-Daisy yesterday. Sequatchie lost by 8, free throw attempts were 42 to 21 against one of the 5A locals Murray County. Sequatchie was 16-21. Murray missed some front end of one-and-ones or the attempts would have been even wider. Murray shot 20 in the fourth quarter.

Sounds like Sequatchie should work on playing defense instead of fouling. :lol:

I think you missed the point. Very one-sided. Sequatchie lost to Collins Hill today, an Atlanta area team I believe. 60-49. I was told they're the largest school in the state, but teams I've seen this year like Greeneville and Howard would handle them in my opinion. Game was close, neither team led by more than a few until late when Collins Hill made their foul shots to put it away. Foul shots against Collins Hill were 9 to 7 for CH through three quarters, foul shots against Ooltewah were 12 to 8 for Sequatchie through three quarters, late fouls spread them out more. Foul shots shouldn't be exact because make up calls should never be made, but you'd hope for somewhat similar numbers at least until a team has to start fouling late. In the two neutral court games, that's what happened, against the local team, it didn't, and I don't think they forgot how to play just for that game.

Edited by Indian

Dalton 14 15 15 18 — 62

Temple 18 13 14 24 — 69

Dalton (62) — Alex McArthur 14, Lemond Searles 10, Hawkins 5, Justin Suttles 16, Ryan Perry 15, Erwin 2

Temple (69) — Jeremy Sexton 13, Josh Smith 9, Seth Skogen 30, Brandon Andrews 4, Erik Larson 4, Dee Newson 9

3-point goals:

Dalton 9 (McArthur 4, Suttles 4, Searles)

Temple 4 (Skogen 3, Newson)

Temple plays Murray Co. (GA) at 4:30 PM (Sat.) in Dalton.

Edited by oldtimeballer63