Harrison Smith & Golden Tate (Notre Dame BOUND)

Big Country

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually post what I know on Tennessee recruiting on the plus boards but thought I would add that Chris Donald will join his buddy Chris Walker and his Army All-American Bowl teammates Berry & Jones in Knoxville!

By the way even without commitments from Tate, Smith or as of now Donald... Tennessee currently has the 3rd rated class in the country!

I usually post what I know on Tennessee recruiting on the plus boards but thought I would add that Chris Donald will join his buddy Chris Walker and his Army All-American Bowl teammates Berry & Jones in Knoxville!

By the way even without commitments from Tate, Smith or as of now Donald... Tennessee currently has the 3rd rated class in the country!

How can you possibly know that TN has the 3rd best in the nation, these kids havent even seen the field yet. Tn has had better recruiting classes than Auburn, ND, FLA, LSU, and many others according to these web sites the past few years but they sure hadnt been better on gameday than these schools. The only thing they have been great at is making the headlines about all the trouble they stay in. They might want to get away from recruiting these pre-madonas as of lately and sign a Patrick Willis or two, maybe Cooper wallace. Unapproved Website give me a break, Judge a recruiting class when they are juniors then see how they produce. Seems like to me Sequatchie you can see in the future, maybe you need to gamble on where kids are going to go and what teams are going to win each Saturday.

How can you possibly know that TN has the 3rd best in the nation, these kids havent even seen the field yet. Tn has had better recruiting classes than Auburn, ND, FLA, LSU, and many others according to these web sites the past few years but they sure hadnt been better on gameday than these schools. The only thing they have been great at is making the headlines about all the trouble they stay in. They might want to get away from recruiting these pre-madonas as of lately and sign a Patrick Willis or two, maybe Cooper wallace. Unapproved Website give me a break, Judge a recruiting class when they are juniors then see how they produce. Seems like to me Sequatchie you can see in the future, maybe you need to gamble on where kids are going to go and what teams are going to win each Saturday.

"pre-madonas" I love it.

Don't know if you did that on purpose, but that's

so wrong and so funny in so many ways.

Wow, You sound like Candy fan.

WHile they haven't stepped foot on college field. You can rate the current recruits/commitements coming out of HS and one service says Tennessee has the #3 rated class of HS players. Look at the past several years and usually the top 10-12 rated teams end up being pretty good and end up playing in BCS & New Years day bowls.

Tennessee two years ago had a concensus Top 5 class and was ranked #1 by one service (can't remember which one) and it looks like for the most part that class is going to bring a lot of excitment to Tennessee Football over the next several years as most of them either start or are first off the bench and should be the starters and key players the next two or three years. You are correct some don't panout but for the most part the schools that sign those kind of players year in & year out that are ranked that high out of high school are the teams to beat & play for championships. That UT signing class of 2005 it included these players on Offense:

QB - Jon Crompton

RB's - Lamrcus Coker & M. Hardesty

WR's - Austin Rogers, J. Briscoe, S. Shelley & L. Taylor

TE - Jeff Cottam

OL - C. Scott, A. Parker, D. Myers & C - Josh McNeil.

On Defense:

DE - Wes Brown

DT - Demonte Bolden, Dan Williams, V. Richard

LB - Rico McCoy, Andre Mathis, Adam Myers-White

DB - Demetrice Morley, Marsalous Johnson, Antonio Wardlow, Ricardo Kemp

Wow, You sound like Candy fan.

WHile they haven't stepped foot on college field. You can rate the current recruits/commitements coming out of HS and one service says Tennessee has the #3 rated class of HS players. Look at the past several years and usually the top 10-12 rated teams end up being pretty good and end up playing in BCS & New Years day bowls.

Tennessee two years ago had a concensus Top 5 class and was ranked #1 by one service (can't remember which one) and it looks like for the most part that class is going to bring a lot of excitment to Tennessee Football over the next several years as most of them either start or are first off the bench and should be the starters and key players the next two or three years. You are correct some don't panout but for the most part the schools that sign those kind of players year in & year out that are ranked that high out of high school are the teams to beat & play for championships. That UT signing class of 2005 it included these players on Offense:

QB - Jon Crompton

RB's - Lamrcus Coker & M. Hardesty

WR's - Austin Rogers, J. Briscoe, S. Shelley & L. Taylor

TE - Jeff Cottam

OL - C. Scott, A. Parker, D. Myers & C - Josh McNeil.

On Defense:

DE - Wes Brown

DT - Demonte Bolden, Dan Williams, V. Richard

LB - Rico McCoy, Andre Mathis, Adam Myers-White

DB - Demetrice Morley, Marsalous Johnson, Antonio Wardlow, Ricardo Kemp

Lamarcus, Delmonte, Demetrice, Marsalous, Antonio, Ricardo, Rico. And my wife and I were having a tough time coming up with what to name our last!

Pre-Madonas

Good luck against Penn State in Whatever Bowl

Arkansas embarrased you

Notre Dame embarrased you 2 times in a row not to mention lasts years beat down

Edged Air Force by one

Good thing you didnt play Auburn this year or it would have been 4 in a row

Should have lost to Bama, they stink

OK you did beat Marshall and Memphis

Missed Patrick Willis to get Daniel Brooks

Missed Cooper Wallace

What bowl did you go to last year

Your Running back coach Trooper has his hat on backwards, saggs his pants around his ankles and Bumps chest with the players. He's Cool

Your players are in the paper for trouble more than they are the endzone

These so called ranked recruiting classes you have had the last few years have got you to the Cotton Bowl and outback and where last year. Your right though Sequatchie and Co. Tn must be getting the best recruits, not Texas, not USC, not Fla, who TN still cant beat with those "recruiting classes." You sound like Notre Dame fans that have already gave Jimmy Clausen a Heisman. How do you know until they play in the NCAA. But Im sure that UT has better recruitng classes than Ohio State or Michigan. Try Scheduling those teams and not Marshal. I guess Patrick Willis must have stunk because scout.com and Rivals didnt even mention him along with ESPN. No but he is a Butkus Award Winner now and 1st rounder. Go Patrick ,thats the way to stick to Fat Phil. Good job losing Tate and Smith. It shouldnt matter to you though Sequatchie because you guys have the # 3 class in the country.. Stay out of trouble and stay out of Jail VOls. The best recruit the vols have had is your new OC D.C. face it.

Edited by mack_truck

Pre-Madonas

Arkansas embarrased you

Edged Air Force by one

Missed Cooper Wallace

Your Running back coach Trooper has his hat on backwards, saggs his pants around his ankles and Bumps chest with the players. He's Cool

These so called ranked recruiting classes you have had the last few years have got you to the Cotton Bowl and outback and where last year. Your right though Sequatchie and Co. Tn must be getting the best recruits, not Texas, not USC, not Fla, who TN still cant beat with those "recruiting classes." You sound like Notre Dame fans that have already gave Jimmy Clausen a Heisman. How do you know until they play in the NCAA. But Im sure that UT has better recruitng classes than Ohio State or Michigan. Try Scheduling those teams and not Marshal. I guess Patrick Willis must have stunk because scout.com and Rivals didnt even mention him along with ESPN. No but he is a Butkus Award Winner now and 1st rounder. Go Patrick ,thats the way to stick to Fat Phil. Good job losing Tate and Smith. It shouldnt matter to you though Sequatchie because you guys have the # 3 class in the country.. Stay out of trouble and stay out of Jail VOls. The best recruit the vols have had is your new OC D.C. face it.

He was just stating the facts that rivals has them rated number 1. He never said UT was the best team in the country. By the way, you forgot to mention that two teams in bcs bowls beat UT by a whopping total of 3 or 4 points. They missed Patrick Willis, yes, they would probably like to have him now. How can you say he stuck it to Fat Phil? We beat Ole Miss the last two times we have played them, while willis was there.

Pre-Madonas

Arkansas embarrased you

Edged Air Force by one

Missed Cooper Wallace

That is some sad stuff :thumb:

Since when is it a bad year when you go to the Cotton Bowl or the Outback Bowl? :D

I never said Tennessee was the best team in the country I said Tennessee will always be one of the top teams in the country because of there recruiting and that is something a lot of people who don't like the Vols can't face. Even last year coming off the worst season UT has had in what 30 years. Tennessee managed to sign a solid class of needed position players like Walter Fisher the top JC defense lineman and OL - Jacques McClendon one of the top lineman in the country and a 4-star QB Nick Stephens who most thought would go to Michigan and also had offers from Ole Miss, GT, Ill, Okie St.

Good job losing Tate and Smith. It shouldnt matter to you though Sequatchie because you guys have the # 3 class in the country.. Stay out of trouble and stay out of Jail VOls. The best recruit the vols have had is your new OC D.C. face it.

Did Tennessee lose Tate? No you can't lose someone you never offered and neither did any other big SEC schools I wouldn't call Bama, SC & Vandy bigtime SEC schools. Tennessee never offered him already had a top wr prospect commited that is higher ranked nationaly in Brent Vinson a 5-star wr prospect who commited to UT last year and have since got commitments from Kenny O'Neal one of the top 2-3 JC wr prospects in the country and Gerald Jones the #1 overall prospect in Oklahoma & Eric Berry the #1 overall Athlete in the country.

Did they lose Smith? Possibly although they wanted him as something other than a Safety from what I have read I hope it was his decision and he is happy at Notre Dame.

Your right David Cutcliffe was a big recruit!

Edited by Sequatchie