Jefferson County 2007

Topgun

Once we dropped 60+ on them I assumed that was the end of any rivalry we might have had. Cocke Co hasn`t been what they use to be in a LOOOOOOONG time. I`m interested in hearing what teams you think our 7 wins will be against.

G'ville

Campbell Co

Cocke Co

Science Hill

Karns

Morristown East

Sevier County/Bearden we will lose 1 win 1

West should be close game, it will help that we have one game before......DB lost alot of players.

We will miss Denton, but the offensive line could be better if they work hard during the winter and summer. Can't think of any postion that we won't be better at next year, except kicking and punting. One critical need is to establish a backup QB.

The main question I have for the upcoming team is leadership. Who will step up.

Sherrod could be the guy, but he only seems interested when he's doing well. I'm not just talking about catches.....defense is important too. Zach will need to develop alot over the summer and be more vocal with his leadership.

Stepp needs to stop whining and decide whether he's going to play or not. We don't need any negative attitudes.

Was Cocke Co on the schedule during the ole glory days?

Edited by patriot pride

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any given day!!! Thats why you play the game. A few of the seven would be: Cocke County, Greeneville, Campbell Co, Mo East, Karns, Science Hill. And last but not least-Mo West. Yes thats right. If we have the numbers where we can keep fresh players on the field we can beat them. This year when we played them they were tapping out after just 2 or 3 plays. We hung on the first half and got tired and sloppy the second. Yes thats right Mo West.

Any given day is true, we`re talking about 7. Its not impossible that we`ll win 7 games, but CAN beat is good ways away from WILL beat. There are so many games that can go any way its hard to judge what kind of record we could have. Who knows what S.Hill will be like with a new coach, we never know what will happen against Karns anymore, Bearden is a different team with their new coach. There are some outcomes we know for sure, DB, West(sorry Topgun), Sevier Co, Campbell Co, Cocke Co, East. After that who knows? 3-7 to 7-3 is the range, usually meaning we`ll land somewhere around 5-5/6-4. Puts us right on the bubble when it comes to the playoffs, at place we really need to get back to.

Any given day!!! Thats why you play the game. A few of the seven would be: Cocke County, Greeneville, Campbell Co, Mo East, Karns, Science Hill. And last but not least-Mo West. Yes thats right. If we have the numbers where we can keep fresh players on the field we can beat them. This year when we played them they were tapping out after just 2 or 3 plays. We hung on the first half and got tired and sloppy the second. Yes thats right Mo West.

Way too many IF's to try say and say JCHS will win 7 games and make it to the playoffs. Wins over Morristown East and West plus Cocke County and Greeneville will not get you in the playoffs. You have to win enough region games to get in, which usually takes 4 or 5 wins.

Winning 7 games? I did'nt know we were getting a new coach and assistants.

Yes any given day any team team can be beaten. Theoretically a 300 pound lineman can tangle from a cliff holding onto a Daisy, but trust your eyes as well as your head, the major wins need to be in the region not outside the region. The wins outside the region are just icing.

G'ville

Campbell Co

Cocke Co

Science Hill

Karns

Morristown East

West should be close game, it will help that we have one game before......DB lost alot of players.

We will miss Denton, but the offensive line could be better if they work hard during the winter and summer. Can't think of any postion that we won't be better at next year, except kicking and punting. One critical need is to establish a backup QB.

Sherrod could be the guy, but he only seems interested when he's doing well. I'm not just talking about catches.....defense is important too. Zach will need to develop alot over the summer and be more vocal with his leadership.

Stepp needs to stop whining and decide whether he's going to play or not. We don't need any negative attitudes.

I think Stepp's beef is that he was not used enough last year. He could improve his speed though. I hear he can fly when he wants too. Bullseye on needing a backup QB. A must have. Kicker Dave will be greatly missed.

who is going to step up in the postions of the players that left? and also which freshman from this year will make an impact?

That is a tough call. Denton and Robbins will be sorely missed. Zach will step in at QB and do fine, but we MUST have 1 or 2 backup QB's that can do the job if he goes down. We also need a quality backup at tailback if McFall goes down. If our injured guys are OK (Brroks/Sherrod/etc) then we will be OK - but need some leaders to step forward. We really need some depth and need to not have to rely on upcoming sophmores to be impact players. It is a plus if you get 1 or 2 that contribute but as a coach once told me - "for every sophmore that starts you can count on a loss" - and that is about right. Sohpmores aren't ready to compete against Jr/Sr's from 5A programs.

Coaching will play a big part as well on the success of this team, as well as injuries. We will have to sit back and see what happens. I look for us to be better than last year with big years from Yeary/Long/Sherrod/McFall/Plont/etc... I don't see 7 wins however, I'm looking at 5-5, maybe 6-4 at best.

Anybody heard any names of new kids that may be coming out that did not play last year (jr or sr)? There are 6-8 kids at that school that could be impact players but just will not play for coach U.

G'ville

Campbell Co

Cocke Co

Science Hill

Karns

Morristown East

That is ironic. Karns has handled JC the last 3 years, and we have that game already circled with a W next to it for next year. The time for JC to beat Karns was this year, when they had a very young team. Counting on wins against anyone except for Cocke and Campbell county is extremely wishfull thinking in my opinion.

That is ironic. Karns has handled JC the last 3 years, and we have that game already circled with a W next to it for next year. The time for JC to beat Karns was this year, when they had a very young team. Counting on wins against anyone except for Cocke and Campbell county is extremely wishfull thinking in my opinion.

Well ya know what they say about opinions. :rolleyes: Everyone has one and some are bigger than others.

Edited by Topgun

Injuries to Brooks and Sherrod, partial REFS, and a few questionable play calling situations are what won the game for Karns. Brooks and Sherrod both went out with season ending injuries. And it was the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. Reminded me of the Oklahoma game this year.

Edited by Topgun

Injuries to Brooks and Sherrod, partial REFS, and a few questionable play calling situations are what won the game for Karns. Brooks and Sherrod both went out with season ending injuries. And it was the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. Reminded me of the Oklahoma game this year.

The Karns game hasn`t been a normal game in 3 years. First there was the try for 2pts with 0 seconds on the clock, then the players revolution, last year injuries, refs, and uncharacteristic lack of effort. All this is moot point though if like last year we lack depth. We may be able to hang for a half, but at the end of the day depth PLUS talent will win out.

That is a tough call. Denton and Robbins will be sorely missed. Zach will step in at QB and do fine, but we MUST have 1 or 2 backup QB's that can do the job if he goes down. We also need a quality backup at tailback if McFall goes down. If our injured guys are OK (Brroks/Sherrod/etc) then we will be OK - but need some leaders to step forward. We really need some depth and need to not have to rely on upcoming sophmores to be impact players. It is a plus if you get 1 or 2 that contribute but as a coach once told me - "for every sophmore that starts you can count on a loss" - and that is about right. Sohpmores aren't ready to compete against Jr/Sr's from 5A programs.

Coaching will play a big part as well on the success of this team, as well as injuries. We will have to sit back and see what happens. I look for us to be better than last year with big years from Yeary/Long/Sherrod/McFall/Plont/etc... I don't see 7 wins however, I'm looking at 5-5, maybe 6-4 at best.

Anybody heard any names of new kids that may be coming out that did not play last year (jr or sr)? There are 6-8 kids at that school that could be impact players but just will not play for coach U.

Deep down those 6-8 kids really do not want to play football. There is no way in the world any coach would have kept me off the field.