Jefferson County 2007

Topgun

Gee, was the sun in your eyes too? Please whine and make excuses elsewhere. The bottom line is we have beat JC 3 years straight. My response was merely to point out that the poster that indicated that assuming JC will beat Karns in 2007 is ridiculous. In fact, assuming JC will beat anyone in 2007 is ridiculous. You can cling to the past as much as you want (JC4life), but the bottom line is your program is closer to the likes of Campbell County than DB at this point in time. If JC is in the position to predict wins and talk trash, then Karns is certainly in position to do the same.

By the way, the JC team we beat in 2004 was a pretty solid team. You had your phenom back and some talented players. Cry all you want about the decision to go for 2, but we beat you up front on both sides of the ball that night.

For someone not wanting to dwell on the past, you sure talk about the PAST 3 years a lot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Yeary going to Morristown West? Also I hear that Stepp and Sherrod is not playing next year.

Webb school if U is still here !!

Uh.......you need to read up on Oakland History. Coach U was in the playoffs every yr at OHS. We went to the semis in 99 , being put out by Sevier Cty. Several of those yrs, we were put out by Riverdale. Ever heard of them? Ever played them?

Nosedive was because of Siegel opening 3 miles away from our campus and we were made into a school with 50% free lunch population.

Give me a web site

Here is the website from the TSSAA showing Oakland's playoff history.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/dolist.cfm

Looks like my link may not work. Go to TSSAA.org and pull up the playoff history for Oakland.

Here is what I copied and pasted.

AAAAA Cumberland County W 20-14 Early Round

AAAAA Franklin County W 41-7 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale W 26-7 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Kingsport Dobyns Bennett W 21-7 Semifinal

AAAAA Hendersonville W 46-24 Finals

AAAAA Red Bank W 27-0 Early Round

AAAAA Beech W 21-10 Early Round

AAAAA Hendersonville W 33-27 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Sevier County L 51-31 Semifinal

AAAAA Red Bank L 21-14 Early Round

AAAAA Cookeville W 24-7 Early Round

AAAAA Lincoln County W 27-7 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale L 38-20 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Cumberland County W 21-6 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale L 20-0 Early Round

AAAAA Lincoln County L 19-6 Early Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Years: 1977,1984,1985,1986,1987,1988,1989,1990,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003

As you can see, OHS was in the playoffs every yr Marty was at the helm.

Edited by 2priceless

Here is the website from the TSSAA showing Oakland's playoff history.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/dolist.cfm

Looks like my link may not work. Go to TSSAA.org and pull up the playoff history for Oakland.

Here is what I copied and pasted.

AAAAA Cumberland County W 20-14 Early Round

AAAAA Franklin County W 41-7 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale W 26-7 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Kingsport Dobyns Bennett W 21-7 Semifinal

AAAAA Hendersonville W 46-24 Finals

AAAAA Red Bank W 27-0 Early Round

AAAAA Beech W 21-10 Early Round

AAAAA Hendersonville W 33-27 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Sevier County L 51-31 Semifinal

AAAAA Red Bank L 21-14 Early Round

AAAAA Cookeville W 24-7 Early Round

AAAAA Lincoln County W 27-7 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale L 38-20 Quarterfinal

AAAAA Cumberland County W 21-6 Early Round

AAAAA Riverdale L 20-0 Early Round

AAAAA Lincoln County L 19-6 Early Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Years: 1977,1984,1985,1986,1987,1988,1989,1990,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003

As you can see, OHS was in the playoffs every yr Marty was at the helm.

What do ya say to that. Kind of hard to argue that kind of record. I can see why Kisbeth hired him.

Yeary's problem = Euverard. He did tough it out long as he could.

Hey WARLOCK,

You aren't from around here are you?? You seem to be trying to cause some friction between players and coaches. You wouldn't be trying to get Yeary's LB slot would you???

Also note we lost to Red Bank in 2000 in playoffs,a nd they won the state. We lost to Riverdale in 01, who won the state. We lost to Riverdale in 02 who was the state runner up. We lost to LC in 03 who was undefeated and ranked #1 in state at the time. They eventually lost to Riverdale in the 3rd round of the playoffs, who you guessed it......they were runner-ups at state that yr.

Marty beat Riverdale in 2000 in the regular season play too. We have not made the playoffs since Marty left Oakland. BTW, after Siegel opened his last yr at OHS, we lost 17 players to them. That left us with 33 on the roster. See what 33 players can do? We almost knocked off LC at the Pit.......with a soph QB. Oakland teams from U's days as HC were tenacious, disciplined, and well-coached in fundamentals. They went to war.

Edited by 2priceless