Top 20 In 1A

ptguard12

Good poll...........wondering if you use Coacht's strength of schedule in your thinking.........

Gleason, RBS neither one are in the top 50......neither has played anyone of significance in AA or AAA..........In my opinion Clarkrange deserves the #1 spot due to the strength of schedule.....

Strength of schedule is taken into consideration, but it is not a big part of the rankings. For example, RBS played some very tough teams in Kentucky, but those games are not included in the strength of schedule because they are not from Tennessee. In Gleason's defense, they play in a ten team district which takes up the majority of their regular season games. However, they did beat a very, very good Collinwood team.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good poll...........wondering if you use Coacht's strength of schedule in your thinking.........

Gleason, RBS neither one are in the top 50......neither has played anyone of significance in AA or AAA..........In my opinion Clarkrange deserves the #1 spot due to the strength of schedule.....

RedBolingSprings will get its chance to prove it deserves to be #1. I believe they will fail. ClarkRange is the best right now. Things can and will probably change. The state champs will be from southcentral tennessee.

Bull you need to look and see who R.B.S. played this last week in K.Y and then say they do not deserve the number 1 spot.

I had no idea that they had played over the break. I have not talked to my Moore County source and the games were not reported on here or anywhere else that I have seeen, so I knew nothing about it. Who were the two teams that they lost to and who did they beat. I may have to alter the list.

The Buckhorn win and the loss to a Huntsville team are in the Tennessean

I heard there was another loss, but can't remember the team.

I know that Red Boiling Springs didn't play a very tough schedule before Christmas. However, their play in Scottsville made a huge statement about their ability to hang with the best in Tennessee Class A. When you can play four nights in a row as solid as they did, you are tournament ready. They defeated a Tennessee AAA team in Gallatin, another 1,000+ enrollment school in Louisville Iroquois, and one of the best teams in southern Kentucky...and possibly all of Kentucky, undefeated Franklin-Simpson. If they can handle pressure like that four nights in a row, I think they could easily handle four games in a week in late February and early March with three region games and a sub-state game all in a week's time.

I can't wait until the Clarkrange matchups, it should be exciting!

RedBolingSprings will get its chance to prove it deserves to be #1. I believe they will fail. ClarkRange is the best right now. Things can and will probably change. The state champs will be from southcentral tennessee.

What are you basing your prediction on????????? :(

When is comes to 'Boro, numerous teams are going to eliminate themselves. The D11 and D12 schools, plus Forrest, will only have 2 advance. RBS, CR, and JC will have one eliminated. That will put 4 other teams at the state tourney where anything can happen.

I guess you are trying to play the odds. I see probably 5 or 6 teams from south/middle Tennessee that could win it, along with 3 or 4 from Northern Tennessee and a couple more around the state. Right now it is a tossup in my eyes. Of the teams I know, I still say Summertown is the favorite, if their team is intact. After them, there are too many to talk about. I would give Forrest as good a chance as anyone. Clarkrange is playing a tough schedule, as is Jackson County, which should serve them well. Jackson County's young'uns seem to be getting better and better. Gleason and Collinwood playing so close shows me that both could win it because I know that Collinwood is good and Gleason out lasted them. RBS has some horses and will be able to run with anyone. This is not to mention the other teams that I know very little about. I also expect either Santa Fe or Moore County to make a run and to give Richland a run at the district title. The next week should show us where D11 is going. Both SF and MC have showed some good signs, with Santa Fe actually beating Collinwood. Moore County will have a chance to make a statement tomorrow night against Richland. Some of these other teams I do not know but I look forward to seeing them play. Good luck to all.

I guess to sum it up, there are many great teams this year, probably more than last year, that can win it all. :(

I believe the state champs level A will come from the 7 district this year. It is going to be interesting to see how RBS and Clarkrange play against each other at each of their home gyms. It could easily be one to one going into M'boro. They could then be playing each other for the # one and # two positions for the state A school. Which one would win that night might reduce to coaching skills.

I believe the state champs level A will come from the 7 district this year. It is going to be interesting to see how RBS and Clarkrange play against each other at each of their home gyms. It could easily be one to one going into M'boro. They could then be playing each other for the # one and # two positions for the state A school. Which one would win that night might reduce to coaching skills.

Just curious, but what makes you think the top D7 schools are better than the top D11 and D12 schools? Just curious. I am from D11 but I always give teams the respect they deserve, unless I am just trying to stir them a little. Just wondering if you are just a D7 homer or have some valid reason to back up your opinion. Do not get me wrong, you have a right to your opinion, I was just wondering if I was missing something. Take care. :(

By the way, I asked the sportswizard the same thing about his prediction about the southcentral schools.

Edited by jamieroper

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade...but history proves itself that 7A has what it takes to earn a state championship.

Pickett County: Gold- 77, 78, 79, 80, 89

Clarkrange: Gold- 83, 84, 85, 90, 91, 95, 04

Jackson Co. *In Class AA*: Gold- 73, 00, 01, 02, 03

Not to mention the numerous runners-up and state appearances by the others in the district.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade...but history proves itself that 7A has what it takes to earn a state championship.

Pickett County: Gold- 77, 78, 79, 80, 89

Clarkrange: Gold- 83, 84, 85, 90, 91, 95, 04

Jackson Co. *In Class AA*: Gold- 73, 00, 01, 02, 03

Not to mention the numerous runners-up and state appearances by the others in the district.

Congrats on the tradition. :(

And all that has what to do with this year?????????????????????