Candidates for the McCallie job?

Letsplayball

Here's a suggestion for McCallie: hire a coach with a little more perspective and who actually cares about education. Winning football games isn't everything.

And one for all of you: quit wasting so much time on this. It's high school football.

Winning football games isnt't everything, so I guess scoccer is? I guess you want us to waste it on Soccer and Bowling? B):lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should just give up on a head coach and no you cant have ours. It doesnt matter if you got Mike Ditka as a head coach you could never be as good as us and yes we back it up look at our history Mccallie

:lol:

no i don't think we're going to give up on the search...i'm a tad curious to know what someone from Hoover Alabama would be doing here on a Tennessee web site...yes Hoover does have some history...and yes ya'll are pretty good...but from what i have seen on TV (and yes i know its TV, all that made-for-TV-drama) i highly doubt we would contact your coach...ya he's good...but i believe anyone could win with your kind of talent, resources, and size...i mean common you have kids moving into your school district just to go there and play football but at mccallie we have to compete with all the other local high schools for players, money, and support....if chattanooga had one high school and everyone went there we would have the same kind of success you guys in Alabama are enjoying...no doubt about it...i firmly believe our team this year could beat the team ya'll had this year...you say you have a rich history, but really nobody had heard of you until you recently started to dominate...maybe that's your to your coaches credit, and if so more power to him...but i highly doubt we'd want your coach....thanks anyways....

no i don't think we're going to give up on the search...i'm a tad curious to know what someone from Hoover Alabama would be doing here on a Tennessee web site...yes Hoover does have some history...and yes ya'll are pretty good...but from what i have seen on TV (and yes i know its TV, all that made-for-TV-drama) i highly doubt we would contact your coach...ya he's good...but i believe anyone could win with your kind of talent, resources, and size...i mean common you have kids moving into your school district just to go there and play football but at mccallie we have to compete with all the other local high schools for players, money, and support....if chattanooga had one high school and everyone went there we would have the same kind of success you guys in Alabama are enjoying...no doubt about it...i firmly believe our team this year could beat the team ya'll had this year...you say you have a rich history, but really nobody had heard of you until you recently started to dominate...maybe that's your to your coaches credit, and if so more power to him...but i highly doubt we'd want your coach....thanks anyways....

Hoover is a great team with an outstanding football program. They win because their players buy into the coach's philosophy of not making mistakes. Have you seen them play in person? They don't make mistakes (many mistakes). At least ones that don't get them beat. That is a crdedit to their staff and the work ethic of the players.

Edited by plato

I would like to apply for this job. Old S.R. feels like he could do some big things at McCallie. Whoever comes into this job needs to understand that this is the house that the Potter's built. There is much tradition to uphold at this institution. Who do you contact to pick up an application?

Edited by Coach Slick Rick

i'm sorry, but what i saw on that Two-a-days crap was a bunch of whiney football players with no mental or physical toughness at all. Alot of those players were nothing special and i've def seen better football programs. That show did nothing but give publicity to a good football team, not a GREAT and UNTOUCHABLE powerhouse.

i'm sorry, but what i saw on that Two-a-days crap was a bunch of whiney football players with no mental or physical toughness at all. Alot of those players were nothing special and i've def seen better football programs. That show did nothing but give publicity to a good football team, not a GREAT and UNTOUCHABLE powerhouse.

Thats true MTV did a good job of pumpung them up! Although in the past they did win 4 state championships back to back, they def. got it handed to them this year in state, i wonder how MTV will display that one, tune in on Jan. 30! :thumb: