UNICOI COUNTY BASKETBALL

bigblue4life

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXTREMELY DIFFICULT SCHEDULE AND INJURY TO WEAVER HAS RESULTED IN INCONSISTENT PLAY.

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT SECOND HALF OF SEASON?

:P Weaver is better now. He can post big numbers id no one is big enough to guard him. I think Coach needs to play the bench more. Not many shooters on the team.

A lot of talent, but still no shooters. I'm impressed with some of JV players. Particularily Corn and Lyle. Little Corn has potential. If he is persistant and consistent he can fill his big brothers shoes who was one of Unicoi's premier shooters.

Ryan Corn was one of the best. Lyle is good as center. I athink JV is going to be competitive.

:lol: Weaver is better now. He can post big numbers id no one is big enough to guard him. I think Coach needs to play the bench more. Not many shooters on the team.

A lot of talent, but still no shooters. I'm impressed with some of JV players. Particularily Corn and Lyle. Little Corn has potential. If he is persistant and consistent he can fill his big brothers shoes who was one of Unicoi's premier shooters.

Ryan Corn was one of the best. Lyle is good as center. I athink JV is going to be competitive.

I'll have to respectfully disagree sportsluverforlife. I think the team is full of shooters from the starting lineup down to the last seat next to the water cooler. Coach English has built (as well as other key individuals) a very successful basketball program that dresses 10-12 potential starters. I can only think of one player out of those 12 that cannot consistently knock down a three pointer. The JV team has a lot of potential, but not much experience. I am just as excited for the future of the Blue Devil program as I am with the current success.

As for the season at hand, it looks as if the Devils have turned the corner at the right time. I know the conference as a whole is down, but I can't help but think we're peaking just in time to make a run all the way through the post season tourney. It's not always the best team that wins; it's the team that's playing the best basketball at the right time...

i'll have to disagree about the playing bench more also. i think early coach english was trying to play bench alot, but they seem to have alot of turnovers when the bench is in. i have seen several games where coach had to get starters back in quickly cause the other team was cutting into a large lead cause of turnovers with subs on floor. bench guys have alot of potential, but a little inconsistent right now.

also, no shooters??? j$, shelton, miller, canady, weaver, scott, rice, lyle can all knock down shots!!

I've seen the Devils twice and perimeter shooting was a BIG ?

As long as Weaver stays healthy and Rice & ? are on the boards, they will have a chance to beat anyone in upper East TN. .... but this area will be the end for them and anyone else in these parts. The next region over is stronger.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen the Devils twice and perimeter shooting was a BIG ?

As long as Weaver stays healthy and Rice & ? are on the boards, they will have a chance to beat anyone in upper East TN. .... but this area will be the end for them and anyone else in these parts. The next region over is stronger.

I agree that the next district is very tough.