Soddy vs Bradley

bear cat brown

Here's a quote from the Clarksville newspaper regarding Bradley Central:

"The Bears came into the tournament with eight wrestlers having never wrestled a varsity match in their careers.

"My 103-pounder is brand new," Logdson said. "My 119 is new. My 125, 140, 145, 189 and 215 are brand new. And my heavyweight is new. So for us to come in here and finish second in the state is a great accomplishment.""

Is this true?

I think I can remember all them.

103 Freshman

119 Soph (JV last year)

125 Soph (JV last year)

140 JR (JV last year)

145 Soph (JV last year)

189 Jr (JV last year)

215 SR. (never wrestled until this year)

285 Freshman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103 Freshman

119 Soph (JV last year)

125 Soph (JV last year)

140 JR (JV last year)

145 Soph (JV last year)

189 Jr (JV last year)

285 Freshman

Isn't Watson at 171 a first time starter too and a senior? He will be a force this week too!!

103 Freshman

119 Soph (JV last year)

125 Soph (JV last year)

140 JR (JV last year)

145 Soph (JV last year)

189 Jr (JV last year)

285 Freshman

Yeah they are new to the line up but not new to wrestling. The thing is most of Bradley's freshmen start wrestling when they were in diapers! LOL Give credit to the Bears because they have the model program. So when they have to start a Frosh or Soph those guys usually have been wrestling for several years. It makes a big difference.

Here's a quote from the Clarksville newspaper regarding Bradley Central:

"The Bears came into the tournament with eight wrestlers having never wrestled a varsity match in their careers.

"My 103-pounder is brand new," Logdson said. "My 119 is new. My 125, 140, 145, 189 and 215 are brand new. And my heavyweight is new. So for us to come in here and finish second in the state is a great accomplishment.""

Is this true?

Unless he was misquoted that is not true about the starting line up. Bradley's lineup against SD on Feb 3 was virtually the same as the Jan 18 lineup. If he is not misquoted....well...I'll keep my thoughts to myself of what this sounds like.

:thumb:

Edited by mlsrusty2

This is true that the line ups are the same, but what was meant by Coach Logsdon was that the line up for this season has 8 starters that are brand new kids that have never been varsity ever in the past and that this was a huge accomplishment for Bradley since they were young and inexperienced with varsity matches. They had to come along way from losing the kids this summer that made some bad choices that hurt the lineup and team. This team has surpassed everything that was said about them at the beginning of the season that bradley would have a hard time going anywhere this season and they have worked hard and beat alot of good teams and placed second in the state. why bad mouth a team and kids that work hard? They lost with dignity and congradulated soddy after the state finals. That says alot about these kids and the bradley program.

Well said Mr. Smith. The Bears have a top class program. Although I don't remember anyone saying that Bradley wouldn't be very good this year. Of those who were dismissed from the team this summer I think I remember reading that there were only 2 wrestlers that were starters from the previous year.

This is true that the line ups are the same, but what was meant by Coach Logsdon was that the line up for this season has 8 starters that are brand new kids that have never been varsity ever in the past and that this was a huge accomplishment for Bradley since they were young and inexperienced with varsity matches. They had to come along way from losing the kids this summer that made some bad choices that hurt the lineup and team. This team has surpassed everything that was said about them at the beginning of the season that bradley would have a hard time going anywhere this season and they have worked hard and beat alot of good teams and placed second in the state. why bad mouth a team and kids that work hard? They lost with dignity and congradulated soddy after the state finals. That says alot about these kids and the bradley program.

I agree and have never bad mouthed Bradley nor, even with the dismissals from their lineup, ever thought they would not be a contender this year. I thought the "coming in the tournament having never wrestled a varsity match" was misleading and maybe should have stated "coming into the season". Either way, like other powerhouse teams, you usually don't have a bad team even when you lose good wrestlers. I also don't find it out of place for SD to have the same "bragging rights" that Bradley had after the Jan 18 match. Good season for both teams.

Edited by mlsrusty2

rusty,

I think I've only posted once or twice in the past year. Usually, I only post when yet another twist of the truth is applied to my team, our fans or myself. If you noticed the article, the writer was not very well versed in wrestling terms, but was a heck of a nice guy. I've coached wrestling for 17 years and have been in the sport for almost 30. Do you really think that I was accurately quoted when I "said" (in reference to my team) that they "played" their hearts out ? Then why are you so quick to jump on the other obvious misquote? Did you suppose that I thought that "maybe no-one will know....."? C'mon, use a little common sense and at least attempt to smear our program with something that makes sense. My wrestlers were gentlemen, our fans were great and Soddy just flat out took it to us. I can certainly accept it when they look you in the eye, shake your hand, then whip you. It's you guys hiding anonymously behind your screen name as you misrepresent facts with your half-truths that I can't handle. Continue to assume the worst in people that wear different colors than you. You seem to have a real knack for it.

Steve Logsdon

BCHS Wrestling

rusty,

I think I've only posted once or twice in the past year. Usually, I only post when yet another twist of the truth is applied to my team, our fans or myself. If you noticed the article, the writer was not very well versed in wrestling terms, but was a heck of a nice guy. I've coached wrestling for 17 years and have been in the sport for almost 30. Do you really think that I was accurately quoted when I "said" (in reference to my team) that they "played" their hearts out ? Then why are you so quick to jump on the other obvious misquote? Did you suppose that I thought that "maybe no-one will know....."? C'mon, use a little common sense and at least attempt to smear our program with something that makes sense. My wrestlers were gentlemen, our fans were great and Soddy just flat out took it to us. I can certainly accept it when they look you in the eye, shake your hand, then whip you. It's you guys hiding anonymously behind your screen name as you misrepresent facts with your half-truths that I can't handle. Continue to assume the worst in people that wear different colors than you. You seem to have a real knack for it.

Steve Logsdon

BCHS Wrestling

Well Mr. Logsdon, Someone posted the question about the quote and I answered actually giving you the benefit of the doubt. I didn't smear you or your progam with any half truths, just answered the question on the post. Your reaction is totally off base. I'll introduce myself at state. See you there.

I agree and have never bad mouthed Bradley nor, even with the dismissals from their lineup, ever thought they would not be a contender this year. I thought the "coming in the tournament having never wrestled a varsity match" was misleading and maybe should have stated "coming into the season". Either way, like other powerhouse teams, you usually don't have a bad team even when you lose good wrestlers. I also don't find it out of place for SD to have the same "bragging rights" that Bradley had after the Jan 18 match. Good season for both teams.

Rusty,

Im a little confused by your comment. Could you please point out where i ever said "coming in the tournament having never wrestled a varsity match." Im pretty sure that i said the line ups were the same and they had 8 brand new starters this year. If im wrong then please show me where i mislead you on that.