Mid-State poll by The Tennessean?

jamieroper

After careful review of the Mid-State poll by The Tennessean, I have to ask the following question.

I’d like for somebody at the Tennessean to please explain to me why the Summertown Lady Eagles aren’t in your Top-10 Mid-State poll? And, don’t give me the lame excuse that it’s too far to drive to Summertown and see them play because:

Summertown beat your #6-team David Lipscomb by a score 65-48 and the game was played at Lipscomb.

Summertown also beat Lincoln County 56-50 at Lincoln County, which lost to #2-Shelbyville 54-53.

Summertown beat the defending Class 1A State Champions, Forest by a score of 62-41.

Summertown is 12-2 on the season with one of their losses coming to a team from Mississippi.

It seems to me that the only teams that are ever in your Mid-State Poll are teams from the Davidson County Area. My suggestion is this; if you’re not going to have anybody from outside the Davidson County Area in the Poll, then stop calling it the Top-10 Mid-State Poll and start calling it the Davidson County Area Top-10 Poll instead.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After careful review of the Mid-State poll by The Tennessean, I have to ask the following question.

I’d like for somebody at the Tennessean to please explain to me why the Summertown Lady Eagles aren’t in your Top-10 Mid-State poll? And, don’t give me the lame excuse that it’s too far to drive to Summertown and see them play because:

Summertown beat your #6-team David Lipscomb by a score 65-48 and the game was played at Lipscomb.

Summertown also beat Lincoln County 56-50 at Lincoln County, which lost to #2-Shelbyville 54-53.

Summertown beat the defending Class 1A State Champions, Forest by a score of 62-41.

Summertown is 12-2 on the season with one of their losses coming to a team from Mississippi.

It seems to me that the only teams that are ever in your Mid-State Poll are teams from the Davidson County Area. My suggestion is this; if you’re not going to have anybody from outside the Davidson County Area in the Poll, then stop calling it the Top-10 Mid-State Poll and start calling it the Davidson County Area Top-10 Poll instead.

I would give you only David Lipscomb ALTHOUGH (and please check with our friends at Wilson Central for the exact ruling on this...) :thumb: the loss to Summertown was a Hall Of Champions game.

After further reveiw, Summertown isn’t the only team getting the Shaft from the Tennessean. Collinwood, Forest, Wayne County, Santa Fe and Richland are all equally deserving but I had to go with Summertown because they had the strongest case because of who they have played from up there. :thumb:

I agree....I wish they would really look into the rankings a little harder before they post them online. I have seen great basketball all over the state and lots of teams can beat most of the teams on the top 10 list!