Floyd Reese Resigns

Titans have accepted the resignation of Floyd Reese. His contract was set to expire next month, and since negotiations have not proceeded in a positive manner, Reese decided to resign.

Steve Underwood said that Jeff Fisher would NOT be a candidate for the GM position in a press conference this afternoon.

Al Smith also was told his contract would not be renewed; which to me says that Bud was not happy with the scouting and drafting in recent years.

Thoughts??

Positive move, negative move, a plus for Fisher, a negative for Fisher?

Very positive.

If it wasn't for Uncle Bud, we would have been watching Leinart this year instead of VY.

I really like Floyd but his picks during 2003-2004 was bone head. Sometimes Floyd paid too much for free agents that didn't pan out. I hope they would get the guy up at Philly. They seem to keep the talent rolling in while staying out of cap jail.

Good Luck to Floyd. He will land on his feet in the hot Miami sun.

Positive move.Rumors had it that he and Coach Fisher didnt see eye to eye on issues and players as well as the fact that other than VY our picks over the last few years havnt panned out.

I agree. Looking at this tells me the the Titans could do a little better scouting for the draft.

By JIM WYATT

The Tennessean

Rookie Impact Report

Round, Pos., Player, Comment

# 1st, QB, Vince Young: NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. What else needs to be said?

# 2nd, RB, LenDale White: Compared to some other rookie RBs, he was a bust.

# 4th, S, Calvin Lowry: Solid on special teams and deserved more of a chance in the defense.

# 4th, LB, Stephen Tulloch: A physical player who still has some learning to do.

# 5th, LB, Terna Nande: Remains a work in progress.

# 5th, DT, Jesse Mahelona: Needs to improve in a lot of areas.

# 6th, WR, Jonathan Orr: Great in practice, but never got a chance on Sundays.

# 7th, CB, Cortland Finnegan: Most pleasant surprise of the rookie class.

# 7th, LB, Spencer Toone : Bounced back and forth from roster to practice squad.

# 7th, RB, Quinton Ganther: Practice squad contributor.