why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I was asking a question, not throwing the blame. But since you started it, a good coach makes the player better a good player makes a coach look good.

It is not coaching, the players work hard for him and care allot about him. We are not blessed with allot of experienced players, we only have one player that has played any varsity at all. We have a big group of juniors and sophmores, look for them to get better as the year goes on, and build for next year.

It's just one of those years.....The Raiders lost Micah Williams and Samuel Marcrom - the two senior leaders to graduation.....and Caleb McCall was dismissed from the team due to disciplinary reasons after last season and is now playing at Cannon County. As Titans21 said....we don't have very many experienced players. Evan Magouirk being the only one who has played any varsity coming into this season. When you are used to having a pair of players (Williams and Marcrom) on the court for virtually every game since they were sophomores.....it's different not having them out there anymore....we just don't have a go to player when it comes crunch time. But the young players that we have (Tyler Thornton, Derek Jones, Nathan Jones, Ben Aaron, Patrick Keeling, etc. ) are all showing signs of improvement. It has and will continue to be a learning season for the Raiders....but I suspect they will be more competitive next season....as far as coaching being the problem....you can dismiss that thought from your mind!

It's just one of those years.....The Raiders lost Micah Williams and Samuel Marcrom - the two senior leaders to graduation.....and Caleb McCall was dismissed from the team due to disciplinary reasons after last season and is now playing at Cannon County. As Titans21 said....we don't have very many experienced players. Evan Magouirk being the only one who has played any varsity coming into this season. When you are used to having a pair of players (Williams and Marcrom) on the court for virtually every game since they were sophomores.....it's different not having them out there anymore....we just don't have a go to player when it comes crunch time. But the young players that we have (Tyler Thornton, Derek Jones, Nathan Jones, Ben Aaron, Patrick Keeling, etc. ) are all showing signs of improvement. It has and will continue to be a learning season for the Raiders....but I suspect they will be more competitive next season....as far as coaching being the problem....you can dismiss that thought from your mind!

is that taylor character still the head coach or have they moved to something better?

George was a starter and the Thornton kid you write about in the paper week in a week out both had alot of playing time last year. George was a starter in most games. The coach didn't have to coach last year to get the win and this year is a little different. Must be the talent level. (coaching)

George was a starter and the Thornton kid you write about in the paper week in a week out both had alot of playing time last year. George was a starter in most games. The coach didn't have to coach last year to get the win and this year is a little different. Must be the talent level. (coaching)

Tyler Thornton received minimal playing time last year....and very rarely in clutch situations...he is doing a pretty good job this season but lacks a consistent jump shot to be relied upon each night to reach double-digits ...However, he usually finds ways to make up for nights he isnt' shooting well...hustle, good defense, etc.....I had forgotten about Robert....yes Robert did get quite a bit of playing time last year but he isn't the type of player who will take over the game....he will take advantage of opportunities given to him (ex. wide open 3's, lay-ups, free-throws) but will not single handedly take over the game.....that is something CC is missing this year.