why is coffee county so bad this year

safety

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious...if this program has a history of losing, what coach (or who in particular) do you think could come in and take a program with 5 or so winning seasons in 50 years and turn it around? Also, what does Tullahoma have to do with what's wrong with this school? I am not familiar with this area so please excuse my ignorance. I was just wondering about the coaching thing because in the business world or any other job market, no reputable business person goes to work for a company with a history of losing money or a bad reputation. Seems to me you have a local person who has a love for his community doing the best he can. If you replace this person, you would probably have to get the same kind of coach to come in or a young coach just looking for a start. Hate to see people get in such an uproar over a game when our world and kids have so many real challenges to face. Kids are pretty smart these days and I am sure reading all this about their program and their coach hasn't helped matters. Hope these young men are able to string a couple of wins together for them, their coach and for their community. Good luck guys.

i agree with what you said. as a player for coffee county it is getting really old hearing about how bad we stink and how bad our coach is. everyone has an outside opinion about our program and they are intilted to it. if you want an inside opinion or my views i will say that this year has been a real struggle. i gurantee though if anyone comes to our practices they would not think that we have only won one game this season because we work hard and want to continue to get better. and as for our coach, there is no other coach that i would rather play for. he is not only a coach to us but a friend, teacher, and one who wants the best for us. he still comes in and puts together a game plan and has never given up on us and i know that he never will. we are a really young team and we all love going out there and competing. even though we have only won one game we still go out and play to win but it is hard with the little experience we have. so i hope that all of yall who have something to say about my team or my coach then i hope you read this. go ahead and bash us if you want to or if it makes you feel better but our coach gave us a piece of paper that goes: "its not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who face is marred in dust, sweat, and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, cause there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himslef in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." so there ya have it. one more thing to those who want to bash my coach, i would have to say that in the end i have learned many lessons and i feel he has made me a better person and that is more important in life then a W or L in a column.

But, the whole point to this thread "why is coffee county so bad" doesn't concern Wiesel, although it proves the point I'm trying to make (TOO MANY FOULS!!!!) that is one of the main reason coffee county is so bad this year. I've only seen them twice this year ,both against warren County, In the first game , Pedo correct me if I'm wrong, Warren County shot almost 50 foul shots!! (48 if i recall it right) and believe me Wiesel has no trouble getting to the basket against Robby, the only problem is Robbie can't stay in the game long enough to matter. I see some talent at coffee county,but i also see aVERY,VERY,VERY undiscipline basketball team. And I blame coaching for that.

come play with us and im sure we will show you a very undisciplined team! but go ahead and think what you want to and make your little comments to make your team sound better or to make you feel better. you know NOTHING about us at all.

come play with us and im sure we will show you a very undisciplined team! but go ahead and think what you want to and make your little comments to make your team sound better or to make you feel better. you know NOTHING about us at all.

This thread isn't about "MY TEAM" its about "YOUR TEAM" and you don't have to show me a undiscipline team I've already seen it. Your comments in your previous post were very well thought-out and expressed, and I admire you for sticking up for the "ole ball coach". I know nothing about the man, other than I've heard he's a well-liked person, but his record speaks for itself.

This thread isn't about "MY TEAM" its about "YOUR TEAM" and you don't have to show me a undiscipline team I've already seen it. Your comments in your previous post were very well thought-out and expressed, and I admire you for sticking up for the "ole ball coach". I know nothing about the man, other than I've heard he's a well-liked person, but his record speaks for itself.

well all i am trying to say is its easy for people to judge a team by their record even though they know nothing about the team. if anyone was in my situation reading all these posts about my team and my coach they would say something also. yeah we dont have the quality athletes the shelbyville or oaklands have but you will never see my team quit. not all of our games but most of them we have been in and just 1 quarter or a couple minutes will turn the game around. it is also hard when there is only 2 seniors and 8 juniors that really play with only 1 having been a 3 year varsity starter. but i have to disagree that we are not an undisciplined team. maybe a record speaks for itself for some people but can you really bash a person who doesnt quit and still keeps going despite what anyone says and is dedicated to his team?

exactly!! his record speaks for itself. it's time for a new leader of the team. these boys go out there and give 110% every week and we see the coach sitting back on the sidelines with his hands behind his head, like he'd rather be somewhere else, or as i heard an elderly man put it, not knowing what he was going to do next. i have no child on this team but i do attend the games when i can and listen on the radio when i cant attend. Coach Taylor should do the right thing and step down either now or at the end of the year. Let one of the other coaches assume the role of commander while a new coach is found. Its time to move on Coach Taylor. Every one can see there is a great amount of talent on this team it just needs to be molded. a smart coach can make that happen. i know he is a wonderful man, husband, and father but coach should not be on his resume.

Absolutely! Every one new this year we would struggle with a young inexperienced team. Next year we will return with 7 seniors and a very strong upcoming group of juniors that are having a very successful JV season. Coach Taylor will work hard during the off season and will look for a big turn around next

let's hope someone new will work hard with the team in the off season. lets all get real here and see this for what it is. whether you like taylor or hate taylor he just isnt getting the job done. administration should step in and say its time to move on and hire someone new with different strategies and different coaching skills. this team needs someone new. the team knows it, the fans certainly know it, and for the most part i'm sure the parents know it. take a private vote and ask the parents if they want a change. let them vote on paper put it in a box and then someone count the votes. i bet he would get the vote to go. no parent wants to outwardly bash a coach or a teacher as they worry it will be taken out on their child. this goes back all the way to kindergarten.

Everyone of our players would do anything for our coach.. Whether we're 1-16 or 16-1... We're an inexperienced team and we're going to be the opposite of that next year. If Coach Taylor decides to come back next year he or anyone else will not regret it and there won't be any threads on why coffee county is so bad.

The other player that posted before was right about everything he said. And our entire team agrees with him and has his back. None of you people bashing us knows Coach Taylor like we do because none of you have played for him. And none of you are there giving everything you have everyday. Keep on fightin Raiders...BSA!

Edited by araider

well all i am trying to say is its easy for people to judge a team by their record even though they know nothing about the team. if anyone was in my situation reading all these posts about my team and my coach they would say something also. yeah we dont have the quality athletes the shelbyville or oaklands have but you will never see my team quit. not all of our games but most of them we have been in and just 1 quarter or a couple minutes will turn the game around. it is also hard when there is only 2 seniors and 8 juniors that really play with only 1 having been a 3 year varsity starter. but i have to disagree that we are not an undisciplined team. maybe a record speaks for itself for some people but can you really bash a person who doesnt quit and still keeps going despite what anyone says and is dedicated to his team?

i dont believe any one of the posts have said anything about your team being quitters. the drive, determination, and hussle the players exude is to be commended. many players might have already left the team. what i feel is trying to be said is that when a coaches record is as poor as taylors, it needs to be addressed and corrected. though i admire your enthusiasm for supporting your "friend" the coach, since you are one of his players, the adults in this situation need to step up and take action. you as a player and as a teenager should not have to be stressed about this situation. you should be having fun playing ball and winning games and also losing a few too. Not losing all of them. i admire your tenacity and hope your team rallies. but let the adults handle the politics and the sometimes corrupt actions of a small town good ole boy arena.

Some of this stuff that's been said on here has been true, but most of it is pretty crazy. why won't all of you just open your eyes and look at what this is becoming! All you're doing is criticizing hard-working, dedicated players. We all want to have the perfect team and we all want to see our boys be the best they can be, but sometimes you run into an off year and it makes you start to blame the coach and talk about how bad each boy is playing or that they are a fouling machine?? First of all the whole odd comment of "fouling machine", every team makes fouls and sometimes they make quite a bit of them, but for crying out loud it's part of basketball so get over it! To watch a hard working team get put down by a loss or criticism like this day after day makes me sick! All these guys want to do is play basketball and win, but with all of this talking about how terrible they are isn't helping them at all!! I'm at every game and I can see the determination and love of the game in our guys, but I'm also seeing it slowly drift away from them reading all of these comments. It hurts the parents, the coach, and most importantly the players. I know they're record isn't very great, but who cares let the boys play ball without this stress! I have faith in this team and so should you.

Absolutely! Every one new this year we would struggle with a young inexperienced team. Next year we will return with 7 seniors and a very strong upcoming group of juniors that are having a very successful JV season. Coach Taylor will work hard during the off season and will look for a big turn around next

let's hope someone new will work hard with the team in the off season. lets all get real here and see this for what it is. whether you like taylor or hate taylor he just isnt getting the job done. administration should step in and say its time to move on and hire someone new with different strategies and different coaching skills. this team needs someone new. the team knows it, the fans certainly know it, and for the most part i'm sure the parents know it. take a private vote and ask the parents if they want a change. let them vote on paper put it in a box and then someone count the votes. i bet he would get the vote to go. no parent wants to outwardly bash a coach or a teacher as they worry it will be taken out on their child. this goes back all the way to kindergarten.

next year will be a better year but i know that we are not going to quit on this year...who knows i mean the reg. sesaon stats really dont matter the important thing is the district tournament and teams better watch out cause we know they will overlook us. we jus have to play our game which i know we can. but is it right to say that a coach should leave after a season like this? maybe it is your opinion that he should but last year was a very good year for our program with 2nd in reg season and 2nd place in the district. every team faces a down year but does that justify wanting to get a new coach? i believe our program will get better. i also read where you said that the players should not stress about this whole ordeal but it is kinda hard when all you hear is people bashing you. i believe it should not be up to the parents because they are not the ones playin and neither is the people in the stands who watch us. people may be afraid to say something because they think it will hurt their kids but i can assure you that the players know it is not politics because that is not our coach. i guess what it all boils down to is that people have their own opinion. there is nothing to change that but i do believe that people should just let us play and not worry about us or the coach maybe that is what it all boils down too. the stuff people say should be kept to themselves and not shared to where players read or hear it and that might solve the issue.