RHEA CO IN '07

7mm

I'm pretty sure they've said there are some battle for position already in the weightroom, but all I no is i want to know how the quarterback battle is going. This is such an important factor in the future of this team!!!

IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING THAT BOTH BOYS BATTLING FOR THE QB SPOT ARE PLAYING BASEBALL AND OTHER THAN LIFTING AND CONDITIONING THERE ISN'T MUCH BATTLING BEING DONE. THE REAL BATTLE FOR THE STARTING QB SPOT WON'T START UNTIL SPRING PRACTICE WHEN ALL THE SPRING SPORTS ARE OVER.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING THAT BOTH BOYS BATTLING FOR THE QB SPOT ARE PLAYING BASEBALL AND OTHER THAN LIFTING AND CONDITIONING THERE ISN'T MUCH BATTLING BEING DONE. THE REAL BATTLE FOR THE STARTING QB SPOT WON'T START UNTIL SPRING PRACTICE WHEN ALL THE SPRING SPORTS ARE OVER.

Yes, that will be the true start but the fact of the matter is right now whoever get's it done in the weightroom has a much bigger advantage so the workouts right now could be a key part in this competition for position.

Yes, that will be the true start but the fact of the matter is right now whoever get's it done in the weightroom has a much bigger advantage so the workouts right now could be a key part in this competition for position.

Eagle you sound like you have a little inside knowledge on this case...

The truth is that what happens in the weight room wont matter too much at all. Both will be concentrating on baseball until the summer starts, and not much can happen in 2 months, and after all it is the QB position. It's not like they have to be physical beasts. Experience is a much more important factor, that is why Swafford has a huge advantage. He has the job if he wants it. To tell you the truth though, I'm not very worried about it. After watching Swafford over the past years, I know that he is capable of being a great QB for us, and if the Davis kid ends up being better then we are in awesome shape. It's a win-win situation.

The truth is that what happens in the weight room wont matter too much at all. It's not like they have to be physical beasts. Experience is a much more important factor,

THANK YOU FOR HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME AND THE PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES THAT EACH PLAYER MUST POSESS TO PLAY HIS POSITION. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE POINT OF THE WEIGHT ROOM ISSUE. THE QB POSITION IS MORE DEPENDENT ON HIS ABILLITY TO MAKE SMART DECISSIONS AT THE SAME TIME HE IS READING AND REACTING WHEATHER IT IS A RUN OR A PASS. HE ALSO HAS TO BE A LEADER AND HAVE THE RESPECT AND CONFIDENCE OF HIS TEAM. STRENGTH FROM THE WEIGHTROOM IS A PLUS, BUT ONLY A SMALL PART OF THE QB POSITION.