temple vs. grace baptist(this friday)

fargen01

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting testy in here. I look forward to taking in this atmosphere on Friday night. This old ball coach is going to take the invitation that Mr. Eldridge gave and attend this game. Slick Rick thinks this will be a great game between two fine basketball programs.

Slick,

We need someone over at Grace to help us teach our coaches how to help a big kid stay under the basket. Do you think you can help us?

Slick,

We need someone over at Grace to help us teach our coaches how to help a big kid stay under the basket. Do you think you can help us?

Last night, against Siverdale, was the best I've seen both big men stay inside. It seemed someone has finally coached them to do this, but this only works if the guards can get it inside and I've yet to see one of them effectively pass it into the post.

Agree 100 percent, hopefully they will practise the inside- outside game every day. It opens up the game to allow for seperation for the guards to get shots off as well as feeds the big men fighting hard to seal their man. rewards them for their work. Must stress team play vrs throwing up shots to get points for the individual. They did do better but they have a long way to go to make this a habit. Also noticed that the zone needed to pay more attention to the back cuts/back door.

Congrats. on Temple and their number 1 ranking in the state of Tennessee in class A...I don't know who or what or how that was decided but i must say that the sports writers and the voters of all this must not had seen Union City play this year or something...In my eyes if you are the defending state champs of class A then you still are the number one ranked team in the state until proven otherwiese...No disrespect to the middle or east teams because i know yall have some very good programs there but im telling you that Union City is for real and they will be at burro if they stay healthy..And im afraid its gonna be the same ol story of last year because i think Union City is a better ball team than last year when you have 5 starters averging double figures..And it just want get any easier for yall next year either because Union City is only losing one player this year..So im guessing when the polls come out next year Union City will be #2 again and someone from the east or middle will be #1 like this year..And i did see where Temple lost back to back games and yall barley beat Cloudland by 6..Im telling you now that Union City will destroy Cloud 9 just like last year...So Temple yall just do me a favor and please make it to Borro this year like the number one ranked Cosby did last year because i gotta see whats cooking over in Temple land...Good luck to yall and represent the number one ranking well..

Agree 100 percent, hopefully they will practise the inside- outside game every day. It opens up the game to allow for seperation for the guards to get shots off as well as feeds the big men fighting hard to seal their man. rewards them for their work. Must stress team play vrs throwing up shots to get points for the individual. They did do better but they have a long way to go to make this a habit. Also noticed that the zone needed to pay more attention to the back cuts/back door.

Did Grace play zone?