Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

And he says that HC people kill him. I think his explanations border on the absurd. It is like when my kids were little and got caught doing something they should not. Every time they opened their mouths, it got more and more tangled. "Oh what a tangled web we weave...." I for one am ready to drop the topic so as not to have to listen to wtnoff's lame reasoning. Besides, they are getting by with it. As for HC being laughable, I was pretty happy playing ball last year while other schools watched from the sidelines or saw the scores on Coach T.

Oh my "Absurdly Fathering-Droppering Lamerful-Laugheringly Watcherful" friend...PLEASE keep this up!! The three of you are OBSESSED and the YANKER loves it because NO ONE is thinking about JCM!!!!! The YANKER thinks HC-Munford should play in EVERY non-region game there is available. Then the YANKER would pay to see wtnoff-Red Warrior go at it...just the two of them...let's see...how about 35 times!!!!! The "dark horse" JCM to win the title while HC-Munford argue all year!!! I AM THE INCOMPARABLE AND VERY IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put it this way, without mentioning Munford initially, so that maybe even you, can understand my point. If a football player left Huntingdon and transferred to Henry County and then after the season, he returned to Huntingdon, a "red flag" would go up to EVERYONE other than you. If that same player then "moves" back to Henry County to play football the next year, red flags would go up for everyone in the world, other than, perhaps, you. I have tried to tell you many times that this just does not happen. I coached for over three decades before I retired and this NEVER happened. If Munford beats Henry County every year and they do it with guys that should truly go to school there, then I have no problem. As far as Munford "rolling over and playing dead" goes, when did they ever do that? Henry County beat them handily a couple of years ago but nobody "rolled over". Munford could not do it on their own but miraculously was competitive when the "help" from Memphis arrived. As long as the TSSAA continues to turn their head, the "Munfords" of the world will prosper and it is a joke. Henry County, Hardin County, JCM, etc. will continue to play with their own while certain schools are allowed to make a "mockery" of the system. None of this makes me laugh, it makes me sick.

I've been listening and reading your inane comments for months now and have continued to have one gnawing question grating on me. I'm going to quote you directly. "Very few times in a career do coaches have impact players transfer into their school district. In fact you're lucky if you have one over the course of a career." Now that's the very quote you in fact used yourself during your self-moralizing of the way in fact coaching and athletics should be and your condemnation of the Munford football program. Have you ever considered that perhaps, just perhaps, the program you were associated with or ran was not the type of situation that talented athletes wanted to be a part of . Perhaps, in fact they did not "relate" to the coaches or perhaps just simply didn't like them or their philosophy. ( In reading your judgemental comments and views you've posted, it becomes easy to understand why you've only had one impact player enter into any program you've been associated with. It also makes it easy to understand why you are so "angry" . It must have been tough watching athletes bypass you and go elsewhere. Maybe if you had taken a step back and assessed your program , your philosophy, and perhaps you yourself, circumstances might have been different. It's sad to think that only one player (difference maker) decided that you and your program were right for him over the course of three and one half decades.

I've been listening and reading your inane comments for months now and have continued to have one gnawing question grating on me. I'm going to quote you directly. "Very few times in a career do coaches have impact players transfer into their school district. In fact you're lucky if you have one over the course of a career." Now that's the very quote you in fact used yourself during your self-moralizing of the way in fact coaching and athletics should be and your condemnation of the Munford football program. Have you ever considered that perhaps, just perhaps, the program you were associated with or ran was not the type of situation that talented athletes wanted to be a part of . Perhaps, in fact they did not "relate" to the coaches or perhaps just simply didn't like them or their philosophy. ( In reading your judgemental comments and views you've posted, it becomes easy to understand why you've only had one impact player enter into any program you've been associated with. It also makes it easy to understand why you are so "angry" . It must have been tough watching athletes bypass you and go elsewhere. Maybe if you had taken a step back and assessed your program , your philosophy, and perhaps you yourself, circumstances might have been different. It's sad to think that only one player (difference maker) decided that you and your program were right for him over the course of three and one half decades.

You are obviously not a coach. The quote you attribute to me is accurate. Sure, we have had players move in through the years but never three impact players in a season. NEVER have I heard of a player moving in, then moving back after the season, then moving back in again to play the next season. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN. I was fortunate enough to be a part of three state championships in another state (all as an assistant). My time as a head coach included a trip to the quarter-finals and a trip to the finals, but we won neither. A lot of players probably thought our program was "right" for them, but where I come from, rules are in place to keep players from picking up and "moving" back and forth for athletic reasons. That is the "mockery" to which I refer. I like the way Munford played last season, but I wish they had done it with players from Munford and not the "transfers" from Memphis. I am not as angry, as I am sickened by the lack of leadership from the TSSAA. Munford is taking advantage of their weakness. It simply couldn't happen where I come from. Many coaches at clinics through the years used to sit around and laugh about their "transfers" and their inability to play the game. RARELY, did a transfer make an impact. I know what I am talking about, and frankly, you do not. I have nothing against you. You are simply not educated about the coaching profession.

Edited by Red Warrior

Well I'm educated to the game and I have a few comments to make concerning a few post. Some know who I am and will know that I'm not just in the know but I am the know! These are the truths that you don't want to live with when Henry talks about transfers. It's going to happen and be legal. What wtoff said about kids making the ACT scores is dead on correct. Melrose is a great football program but a very poor school. Example Cooper signed at Miami but couldn't attend becouse of his scores and had to go to a prep school in New York before he could actually go to Miami. That was Cooper a great talent. What about the middle of the road kid that isn't going to sign at Miami what happens to him becouse no one is going to find a way for him to attend a $20,000 a year prep school in N.Y. I can say the same thing about 90% of the Memphis city schools. I know I taught there for 14 years it's a sick system and it's not going to get any better and if you've never worked there then you have no idea what your talking about. This isn't a blanket statement there are success stories everywhere but I'm talking to you about generalities. It's messed up. Being so well known in Memphis for getting kids in school families, mothers, fathers, and players will explore the option of a move to Munford. We get kids in school even kids that aren't ours contact us to help them find places to go. As to why they have to come to us pick up the phone and call Melrose, East and others and find out and let me know. By the way wednesday I'm helping a kid from east try to get in school becouse that's what we do. Let me be clear on this no one goes looking for them. We don't recruit. I understand something that someone who hasn't coached his whole career in Memphis may not. If you haven't coached in a major metropolitan area you probably haven't had many transfers that have made a difference but what ever the case about your record of transfers in 35 years of coaching I don't care. To be honest I'm tired of hearing you bemoan that we, and personally me, must be dishonest. I know your close to Coach Gaddis becouse some of the topics we've discussed on the phone and in person I've been able to read your regurgitated version on this site. So you think your in the know about Munford football becouse of 35 years experience or who you buddy up with over coffee well as the commercial goes you don't know jack. Transfers you bet we'll have some, will they make an impact that remains to be seen. Yank I don't know about the rest of the region but I don't overlook JCM ever. Henry County last year you had one of the finest football teams that I've seen in a long time nobody here is trying to take away from that nor will I allow you to deminish our accomplishments either. So Joe it looks like it'll be a barn burner for sure say hello to Mrs. Coach and Champ and when will there be puppies. To the rest of you HC fans get ready!!

Edited by cougarmike

Well I'm educated to the game and I have a few comments to make concerning a few post. Some know who I am and will know that I'm not just in the know but I am the know! These are the truths that you don't want to live with when Henry talks about transfers. It's going to happen and be legal. What wtoff said about kids making the ACT scores is dead on correct. Melrose is a great football program but a very poor school. Example Cooper signed at Miami but couldn't attend becouse of his scores and had to go to a prep school in New York before he could actually go to Miami. That was Cooper a great talent. What about the middle of the road kid that isn't going to sign at Miami what happens to him becouse no one is going to find a way for him to attend a $20,000 a year prep school in N.Y. I can say the same thing about 90% of the Memphis city schools. I know I taught there for 14 years it's a sick system and it's not going to get any better and if you've never worked there then you have no idea what your talking about. This isn't a blanket statement there are success stories everywhere but I'm talking to you about generalities. It's messed up. Being so well known in Memphis for getting kids in school families, mothers, fathers, and players will explore the option of a move to Munford. We get kids in school even kids that aren't ours contact us to help them find places to go. As to why they have to come to us pick up the phone and call Melrose, East and others and find out and let me know. By the way wednesday I'm helping a kid from east try to get in school becouse that's what we do. Let me be clear on this no one goes looking for them. We don't recruit. I understand something that someone who hasn't coached his whole career in Memphis may not. If you haven't coached in a major metropolitan area you probably haven't had many transfers that have made a difference but what ever the case about your record of transfers in 35 years of coaching I don't care. To be honest I'm tired of hearing you bemoan that we, and personally me, must be dishonest. I know your close to Coach Gaddis becouse some of the topics we've discussed on the phone and in person I've been able to read your regurgitated version on this site. So you think your in the know about Munford football becouse of 35 years experience or who you buddy up with over coffee well as the commercial goes you don't know jack. Transfers you bet we'll have some, will they make an impact that remains to be seen. Yank I don't know about the rest of the region but I don't overlook JCM ever. Henry County last year you had one of the finest football teams that I've seen in a long time nobody here is trying to take away from that nor will I allow you to deminish our accomplishments either. So Joe it looks like it'll be a barn burner for sure say hello to Mrs. Coach and Champ and when will there be puppies. To the rest of you HC fans get ready!!

Let the Henry Countians get ready to bemoan the new Munford transfers. As you stated , not only is it gonna happen, it already has. Three for sure and possibly a fourth. I understand there is a family that moved in from Kansas , the Kents and their son Clark will be at the High School there. Understand that this will be young Clark's second move. (He originally found it necessary to move before his planet exploded). Bruce Wayne will be moving in from Gotham City and good things are expected from him. Last but not least, their will be a former sheriff from N. Carolina that will be a member of the Munford Police Dept. and he's bringing his son, Opie with him. It/s possible, but not definite yet that there might be a fourth new face on this years team. I understand that a couple from Indiana might possibly be moving into the county along with their two sons, Wally and the Beaver. They are interested in Wally raising his GPA and are excited about the Beaver's chances in entering the Munford Athletic Trainer Program. Hopefully, the staff will find an "impact player" out of this bunch!

You are obviously not a coach. The quote you attribute to me is accurate. Sure, we have had players move in through the years but never three impact players in a season. NEVER have I heard of a player moving in, then moving back after the season, then moving back in again to play the next season. THAT DOEN'T HAPPEN. I was fortunate enough to be a part of three state championships in another state (all as an assistant). My time as a head coach included a trip to the quarter-finals and a trip to the finals, but we won neither. A lot of players probably thought our program was "right" for them, but where I come from, rules are in place to keep players from picking up and "moving" back and forth for athletic reasons. That is the "mockery" to which I refer. I like the way Munford played last season, but I wish they had done it with players from Munford and not the "transfers" from Memphis. I am not as angry, as I am sickened by the lack of leadership from the TSSAA. Munford is taking advantage of their weakness. It simply couldn't happen where I come from. Many coaches at clinics through the years used to sit around and laugh about our "transfers" and their inability to play the game. RARELY, did a transfer make an impact. I kinow what I am talking about, and frankly, you do not. I have nothing against you. You are simply not educated about the coaching profession.

What's makes you think that young Madison will be back? I never said that he would be. I simply asked the question, What makes you think that he won't be back" . The very thought that he might be sent you and your counterpoint into a tizzy. Enjoyed that! You made me laugh again!!!!

After reading your post, if YOU are the "know", then there are huge problems in Munford! Who are you to say that Melrose is a very poor school? Do you think having worked in Memphis for a while gives you the right to say that? You and your "alter ego", who posts on here regularly, may be the most self serving "people" that one could ever imagine. You must have never received a pat on the back from anyone else in your life. The reason for that would be that "both" of you are always patting your own backs, so no one else would have ever had the chance. I would agree with you that many "metropolitan" areas are "messed up" when it comes to academics and athletics. Where I come from, however, athletes stay where they are zoned and are not allowed to move around and go back and forth anytime they feel like it. I have never said that Munford has done anything illegal. Your defense is so staunch, however, that you may make me wonder. My point continues to be that it is a near MIRACLE to have the players you had last year, move in to Munford, for ANY reason. You apparently know Coach Gaddis much better than I, since I have never met him. I am retired, live at the lake, and only a small handful of friends even know that I ever coached. We fell in love with the place through the years vacationing and now have retired here in relative anonymity. That's the way I like it. I love high school football and watch our local team but have no continued interest in coaching. I have picked up all knowledge about the "Munford" situation from Coacht. No one around the lake talks about it and wouldn't know what I was talking about if I brought it up. I have begun to truly like our team and have become bothered by what seems to be "loose" restrictions on athletes ability to pick up and go play where they want to play. I am simply not used to that and it bothers me. The TSSAA is a weak and should be ashamed of itself.

Edited by Red Warrior

What's makes you think that young Madison will be back? I never said that he would be. I simply asked the question, What makes you think that he won't be back" . The very thought that he might be sent you and your counterpoint into a tizzy. Enjoyed that! You made me laugh again!!!!

Only because you seemed to indicate that he would probably return. Speaking of laughing, you never responded to my post on that topic. How much were you laughing when your Munford/Memphis unification team was home for Thanksgiving while Henry County/Henry County was still playing football?

Edited by Red Warrior

When you talk about being the "know"...I beg to differ with you...there is but a single ALL-KNOWING YANKER...and that would be me!!! The INCOMPARABLE YANKER knows ALL!!! A perplexed YANKER is astounded that this continues but the never ending battle makes the YANKER quite happy!! You may say that you do not overlook us here at JCM, but the preoccupation that your group has with HC, and they with your team, says otherwise. This preoccupation leaves little room for either of you to be concerned with us...and it will cost you both!!! JCM to beat a preoccupied Munford and a preoccupied HC!!! The YANKER knows all!!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!

When you talk about being the "know"...I beg to differ with you...there is but a single ALL-KNOWING YANKER...and that would be me!!! The INCOMPARABLE YANKER knows ALL!!! A perplexed YANKER is astounded that this continues but the never ending battle makes the YANKER quite happy!! You may say that you do not overlook us here at JCM, but the preoccupation that your group has with HC, and they with your team, says otherwise. This preoccupation leaves little room for either of you to be concerned with us...and it will cost you both!!! JCM to beat a preoccupied Munford and a preoccupied HC!!! The YANKER knows all!!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!

sorry to just jump into the convo out of nowhere but i cant help but laugh at your comments u make about knowing all.. because if i can recall this correctly, it seems last year, you had stated that jcm was in the running for region title, which they failed at miserably, behind northside who beat ur powerhouse of a team with 2 players in their qb and rb positions, and to back up the comment earlier about jcm being a rough enviroment and tought stadium to play at,, well the only reason for it being a tough place to play is because of the depth of the grass not to mention the horrible sewage on the field, also i wouldnt wanna leave out the fact that hardin county beat jcm at the rock, since im on the topic of hardin county now, i remember you also saying that neither of the recievers last year #4 and #7 could neither start for your powerful jcm offense you spoke of... ha that was a joke.. lets c, who else beat jcm in the region, munford-check, henry county-check...wow, i cant wait to see the outcome of the jcm/hc, jcm/munfor, jcm/hardin games this year.. according to you the outcomes will be kinda one-sided huh? so that means in reality jcm wil more than likely end up somewhere near the bottome again.. good luck though against liberty,, there my friend, you stand a chance... but if u wanna get technical, they do have more coaches then jcm and that was one of your reasons as to why jcm had a down year so liberty just might take it.. once and for all, i am.. the imperious.. wait no thats what you say and your predictions are wrong.. -allstate1992

Red whatsup. To answer your question, who am I to say that there are problems at Melrose and other Memphis city schools, well I'm a guy that work in the system for 14 years, I'm also a guy that watches the news and has first hand knowledge of what goes on and what doesn't in this particular system that we speak of. If I want to know what fish are biting at the lake I'll ask you if you want to know the state of education and learning for a certain school or system ask some one who works or worked there for a lenght of time. As for my alter ego I'm assuming you refer to wtoff. How can that be for you have repeatedly stated that he was or has obviously never been a coach. I only ask that you please be consistant. Which is it? I'll tell you honestly that wtoff is not I but I know him from the Memphis area and we see eye to eye on some issues. Pats on the back are for girls and tennis players. I need no pat on the back nor do I go looking for one. Allow me to answer your next statement that I know is leaping off your keyboard. That I seek recognition but you couldn't be more wrong Freud. If you are a competitor you compete to win and you don't care what others think. You and I don't know each other except here and I don't care what you think but I will defend my players, program, and myself from slander by those that think they have insight into events that they know nothing about and besides I like to ruffle feathers. Your next statement makes me wonder if you really were a coach or did you just make it up for creditibility so some one would take you seriously. In a metropolitan area like Memphis alot of students and yes players will change schools by changing an address that would put them in the desired new schools district. This is very easy when the player's family rents an apartment and moves to a new apartment. I'm sure were you come from families don't change apartments or move ever but I assure you it is done in Memphis and yes if they feel they can make the move out of the city for whatever reasons then why not Munford. Ask Olive Branch about their new QB, he used to call Ridgeway home, or Hornlake and their new coach who was so well like at Ridgeway many players families deceided to become Mississippians. I just want you to get the fact that families will move for the betterment of their children wouldn't you? Why did you move to where you are now? Was it to make someone in your family happy? You call the tssaa weak and that it should be ashamed for what? That someone followed the rules and made a legal move to a new school system. No rules were broken but you and your like beat this dead horse with all your might and I say go ahead. I assumed you knew Coach Gaddis it may not have been you who posted some information and discussions that were between he and I. I'll be happy to correct you on any other theatrically over the top statements you care to share with us.