Outlook for Region 7-4A

Yanker

Only because you seemed to indicate that he would probably return. Speaking of laughing, you never responded to my post on that topic. How much were you laughing when your Munford/Memphis unification team was home for Thanksgiving while Henry County/Henry County was still playing football?

I'm going to respond and run the risk of someone "no names" thinking I'm wtoff. It stunk! Hows that. Now answer my question how does it feel to know that the best Henry County team in years if not ever that had everything size, speed, more natural talent on one team than I've seen in a long time didn't finish it. So how much were you laughing when the best you may ever have couldn't get it done!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the Henry Countians get ready to bemoan the new Munford transfers. As you stated , not only is it gonna happen, it already has. Three for sure and possibly a fourth. I understand there is a family that moved in from Kansas , the Kents and their son Clark will be at the High School there. Understand that this will be young Clark's second move. (He originally found it necessary to move before his planet exploded). Bruce Wayne will be moving in from Gotham City and good things are expected from him. Last but not least, their will be a former sheriff from N. Carolina that will be a member of the Munford Police Dept. and he's bringing his son, Opie with him. It/s possible, but not definite yet that there might be a fourth new face on this years team. I understand that a couple from Indiana might possibly be moving into the county along with their two sons, Wally and the Beaver. They are interested in Wally raising his GPA and are excited about the Beaver's chances in entering the Munford Athletic Trainer Program. Hopefully, the staff will find an "impact player" out of this bunch!

I'm looking forward to meeting that Kansas kid I hear he's super.

I'm looking forward to meeting that Kansas kid I hear he's super.

Go ahead young man!!! You said what needed to be said! The Red Ones don't have a clue about the Memphis City Schools, or the kids that attend there. For them to experience a day or two in most any of the city schools would let them know why people are roaring to get out of there. We've all beat this horse long enough. Let's move on to some football, and things that really matter.

Red whatsup. To answer your question, who am I to say that there are problems at Melrose and other Memphis city schools, well I'm a guy that work in the system for 14 years, I'm also a guy that watches the news and has first hand knowledge of what goes on and what doesn't in this particular system that we speak of. If I want to know what fish are biting at the lake I'll ask you if you want to know the state of education and learning for a certain school or system ask some one who works or worked there for a lenght of time. As for my alter ego I'm assuming you refer to wtoff. How can that be for you have repeatedly stated that he was or has obviously never been a coach. I only ask that you please be consistant. Which is it? I'll tell you honestly that wtoff is not I but I know him from the Memphis area and we see eye to eye on some issues. Pats on the back are for girls and tennis players. I need no pat on the back nor do I go looking for one. Allow me to answer your next statement that I know is leaping off your keyboard. That I seek recognition but you couldn't be more wrong Freud. If you are a competitor you compete to win and you don't care what others think. You and I don't know each other except here and I don't care what you think but I will defend my players, program, and myself from slander by those that think they have insight into events that they know nothing about and besides I like to ruffle feathers. Your next statement makes me wonder if you really were a coach or did you just make it up for creditibility so some one would take you seriously. In a metropolitan area like Memphis alot of students and yes players will change schools by changing an address that would put them in the desired new schools district. This is very easy when the player's family rents an apartment and moves to a new apartment. I'm sure were you come from families don't change apartments or move ever but I assure you it is done in Memphis and yes if they feel they can make the move out of the city for whatever reasons then why not Munford. Ask Olive Branch about their new QB, he used to call Ridgeway home, or Hornlake and their new coach who was so well like at Ridgeway many players families deceided to become Mississippians. I just want you to get the fact that families will move for the betterment of their children wouldn't you? Why did you move to where you are now? Was it to make someone in your family happy? You call the tssaa weak and that it should be ashamed for what? That someone followed the rules and made a legal move to a new school system. No rules were broken but you and your like beat this dead horse with all your might and I say go ahead. I assumed you knew Coach Gaddis it may not have been you who posted some information and discussions that were between he and I. I'll be happy to correct you on any other theatrically over the top statements you care to share with us.

Unless you taught at Melrose, I do not think it is your place to belittle the education they provide. If you did teach at Melrose, then you were part of the problem. Neither of you sound like any coach I have ever known, but if you say that you are a coach, then I will believe you. My "pat on the back" comment has its origin in the fact that "both" of you go on and on about all of the things that you have done for these poor and downtrodden kids. Most people I know who truly care and provide help, simply do it and don't talk about it. I am very familiar with "metropolitan" areas and people "moving" into different districts for a variety of reasons. What I am totally unfamiliar with is players being allowed to move back and forth at their desire. I am also unfamiliar with coaches on the receiving end, bragging about it when questions arise. I continue to say that it was near MIRACULOUS that Munford got so many in one year. After reading your posts, I seriously doubt that ANY topic exists where YOU could correct ME, but you are welcome to try to locate one.

I'm going to respond and run the risk of someone "no names" thinking I'm wtoff. It stunk! Hows that. Now answer my question how does it feel to know that the best Henry County team in years if not ever that had everything size, speed, more natural talent on one team than I've seen in a long time didn't finish it. So how much were you laughing when the best you may ever have couldn't get it done!

Do you coach at Henry County? Assuming that I already know the answer, and it is negative, then how would you know that last season was the best team they have ever had and will ever have? I would assume that you wouldn't know that even about your own team. I would also assume that the Henry County coaches would not pretend to know that same information about Munford. And your comment about Henry County having more size, speed, and natural talent, than any team that you have seen in a long time, tells me that you are not a coach, and if you are, then you have vision problems. I have seen a couple of Ridgeway teams with more and Melrose two years ago, definitely had more. To be such an expert on Melrose, how did you miss that? I obviously hoped our team would beat Hillsboro and I am sure the coaches were very disappointed with the game's outcome. By the way, how did your team fare against Fairley last year? How about Melrose? How about in the semi-finals? Oh yes, I forgot, you weren't there. I can't believe you brought this up, since it is an area where Henry County feathers can't be ruffled since they played two weeks longer than you. Try again.

Go ahead young man!!! You said what needed to be said! The Red Ones don't have a clue about the Memphis City Schools, or the kids that attend there. For them to experience a day or two in most any of the city schools would let them know why people are roaring to get out of there. We've all beat this horse long enough. Let's move on to some football, and things that really matter.

I would love to read ONE post that indicated that you could talk about football. You seem to know as much about football as you think I know about Memphis City Schools. I think Metropolitan areas are pretty much the same everywhere. Many students leave who can and many athletes try to escape, if possible. There is NOTHING I can learn from "either" of you about football related topics. I certainly do not know it all and there is always much we can all learn. I just see no indication that I can learn anything from the "two" of you. I simply expressed how near "miraculous" it was that Munford had so many impact transfers in one year and how I found that odd. The "two" of you have been obsessed with defending Munford ever since, which leads me to really question the whole situation, since I have never accused Munford of wrongdoing. By the way, you never responded to the laughter question. How was it? Instead of the "two" of you trying to teach me about Memphis, try getting past round two.

sorry to just jump into the convo out of nowhere but i cant help but laugh at your comments u make about knowing all.. because if i can recall this correctly, it seems last year, you had stated that jcm was in the running for region title, which they failed at miserably, behind northside who beat ur powerhouse of a team with 2 players in their qb and rb positions, and to back up the comment earlier about jcm being a rough enviroment and tought stadium to play at,, well the only reason for it being a tough place to play is because of the depth of the grass not to mention the horrible sewage on the field, also i wouldnt wanna leave out the fact that hardin county beat jcm at the rock, since im on the topic of hardin county now, i remember you also saying that neither of the recievers last year #4 and #7 could neither start for your powerful jcm offense you spoke of... ha that was a joke.. lets c, who else beat jcm in the region, munford-check, henry county-check...wow, i cant wait to see the outcome of the jcm/hc, jcm/munfor, jcm/hardin games this year.. according to you the outcomes will be kinda one-sided huh? so that means in reality jcm wil more than likely end up somewhere near the bottome again.. good luck though against liberty,, there my friend, you stand a chance... but if u wanna get technical, they do have more coaches then jcm and that was one of your reasons as to why jcm had a down year so liberty just might take it.. once and for all, i am.. the imperious.. wait no thats what you say and your predictions are wrong.. -allstate1992

The YANKER can be accused of predicting from the heart on occasion, my "all-stateless -decadingful" friend. The YANKER also is guilty of a habit forming case of JCM victories through the years. We will be back. Keep bashing us and the YANKER will speak to you at season's end. I AM THE ONLY IMPERIOUS YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The YANKER can be accused of predicting from the heart on occasion, my "all-stateless -decadingful" friend. The YANKER also is guilty of a habit forming case of JCM victories through the years. We will be back. Keep bashing us and the YANKER will speak to you at season's end. I AM THE ONLY IMPERIOUS YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never bashed jcm, i bashed your predictions cause rarely do they come true.. jcm has talent, i know that and i never said they werent capable of doing something great because your right, they have been good in recent years. all im sayin is its funny to listen to your bizarre predictions and comments..from what ive gatherd about the players returning for these teams and the coaches that have always prepared well, id have to place them at seasons end in this order: 1)henry county- 2)munford/hardin county- 4)jcm/northside- 6)brighton- 7)liberty...what do you guys think?

i never bashed jcm, i bashed your predictions cause rarely do they come true.. jcm has talent, i know that and i never said they werent capable of doing something great because your right, they have been good in recent years. all im sayin is its funny to listen to your bizarre predictions and comments..from what ive gatherd about the players returning for these teams and the coaches that have always prepared well, id have to place them at seasons end in this order: 1)henry county- 2)munford/hardin county- 4)jcm/northside- 6)brighton- 7)liberty...what do you guys think?

The YANKER is bizarre only in the sense that I am smarter than most. HC lost a lot of starters from a very good team including what their own fans say was their best player ever. So the YANKER looks for them to be down a notch but still good. Munford also lost a lot of their transfers from Memphis, and they were their best players. Their season will depend on new transfers and I can think of a handful of good players they return. I feel the same about them, as I do HC. Their preoccupation with one another may hurt them and help the rest of us. Hardin County will be good. Northside will be about the same as last year. Brighton will be talented and if they ever get it going, they will be a force in the region. Liberty has typical "Jackson" related problems and currently have no head coach, which cannot be good for them. They should be fair, at best. JCM will be better and I hear the non-region schedule is not as tough. Our lack of coaches will hurt us, but our talent will be good enough to offset that, for the most part. I am referring to the number of coaches...not the quality of coaching. This has changed, and will continue to change, as the YANKER acquires more information...but here is my region outlook for now.

1. Hardin County

2. JCM

3. HC

4. Munford

5. Brighton

6. Northside

7. Liberty

The top five could change but I do not anticipate the bottom to be different. Much depends on how much HC and Munford are able to reload. They are so focused on one another that others may slip up on them. JCM will need to start strong or we could fade with a slow start. If Brighton realizes their potential, they could be as high as second, but will not win the title. Hardin County could win it and will be no lower than third. I AM THE ALL KNOWING AND IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!

Things are getting vicious on here my "Cougarringly Obsessed" friend!! The YANKER still hopes to attend this game. My prediction is that JCM will beat both of you. The team that loses your game will be devastated and the winner will think it is over. Either way...JCM wins!!! Someone will beat both of you who should not!! The YANKER is LOVING every minute of this foolishness!! I AM THE CONFIDENT AND IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea BRIGHTON always has talent but u never seem to hear about the team.. its always this player that player,for example this past year joe glass-qb and that defensive lineman, if some of these players we hear of could bring it together they would have a major influence on the outcome of the region. i duno much about HENRY COUNTY, im lackin sources there, i just assume they will have some talent because the accomplishments from last year, i know that came a lot from the seniors that took them to semis but also there had to be some underclassmen involved somewhere.. i believe HARDIN COUNTY will make it pretty far becasue i know they have a lot of talent in their skill players, especially sam shutt. i believe NORTHSIDE will bring a lot to the table this year becasue every year they have an avg line, avg defense, but this year they are returning their star player from last year in cordarrious mann. i was able to watch him play last year and if i was told right he was only a sophmore then. MUNFORD should make a run for it with the help of native talent + memphis talent. i know JCM returns gavin hardin but hes about the only player i know of, i know they lost hogsett and the rb/db #11 he really impressed me. i really cant expect a lot out of LIBERTY, knowing that the struggled in 3A last year and considering this is a very tough region, maybe not always the most succesful in playoffs but definately very tough in region play!!

Unless you taught at Melrose, I do not think it is your place to belittle the education they provide. If you did teach at Melrose, then you were part of the problem. Neither of you sound like any coach I have ever known, but if you say that you are a coach, then I will believe you. My "pat on the back" comment has its origin in the fact that "both" of you go on and on about all of the things that you have done for these poor and downtrodden kids. Most people I know who truly care and provide help, simply do it and don't talk about it. I am very familiar with "metropolitan" areas and people "moving" into different districts for a variety of reasons. What I am totally unfamiliar with is players being allowed to move back and forth at their desire. I am also unfamiliar with coaches on the receiving end, bragging about it when questions arise. I continue to say that it was near MIRACULOUS that Munford got so many in one year. After reading your posts, I seriously doubt that ANY topic exists where YOU could correct ME, but you are welcome to try to locate one.

Parchman isn't such a great place to be either and even though I haven't attended it is my educated opinion that all guest in attendence would like to leave. I didn't teach at Melrose it was East. The football was exceptional at both schools however the education was poor. As for part of the problem comment I suggest you go and substitute at either school for a week and then give me your opinion. When I talk about helping players get in school it's usually to help you understand why someone might choose to come here. Alright I'm going to try to seriously discuss this and anything else you want to discuss with out sarcasm or rudeness for slights or preceived slights against my character or our program. So anything you want to know? If you want to belittle or trade jabs we can do that as well. It's up to you.