Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

I`ve said it before, and I`ll say it again, talent(or lack of) wasn`t and isn`t the problem. It was just a few years ago that we had the 4th ranked team in the state 5A, and the year before that a few plays away from the semi finals. The problem we`ve had these last few years is getting the talent out, and keeping them on the team. If everyone had stayed Jeff County could have had a great year last season, its easy to say there was a lack of talent last year when there are good Jeff County kids starting at places like Mo West, Sevier County, and winning Mr. football awards at Alcoa, or are still in the county but don`t play. The talent pool is still as good as ever, we just have to tap into the well. From the sound of things Coach Anderson will have no problem getting kids out, and hopefully no problem keeping them here. We have to cut off the farm system thing we`ve been doing for other area programs, no more reaping the benefits off Jeff County. It appears we are headed back in the right direction, and it couldn`t have come soon enough.

I agree with with you I should have been more specific in my wording!! I was referring to the last good athletes coming from this county having moved on and will continue to move on, not just because of coaching, but parents that are willing to baby there kids and move to them to these other schools!! Jefferson County is not Jefferson County of old. I would really like to know how many of these guy's parents played here!! If you look back back to when we were Jeff County all of those kid's from those teams grew up here, and there dad played here. So that's where I was going with that!! Thanks for putting me in my place JC!! Well in your case non-recruited, when did you play?? Because the only players recruited by pretty good schools are few and far between here lately.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, what happens when or if they hire someone other than Coach Anderson? Will some or a lot of the decide not to play for someone other than Coach Anderson, or will they make the most of it and play for whom ever?

Will Coach Anderson stay at JCHS, or go some where else? I myself would hate to see that happen. At the same time I will support who ever is here. I understand that Coach Quarles has given Coach Sweetland from Farragut his support to Coach K and Mr Scheitman, saying he would be a good hire for JCHS. How much of an influence does Coach Quarles have with the administration? Does it now seem like neck and neck as to who is the next coach, with Coach Anderson and Coach Sweetland?

Schneitman said today that after interviewing the four again, its pretty much neck and neck between two of them right now. I thought it to be CJA and Cummings, but Ive heard other people think that its Anderson and Hammonds. We'll see here in a couple of days

Schneitman said today that after interviewing the four again, its pretty much neck and neck between two of them right now. I thought it to be CJA and Cummings, but Ive heard other people think that its Anderson and Hammonds. We'll see here in a couple of days

I for one will be glad when it is over.

Guys, what happens when or if they hire someone other than Coach Anderson? Will some or a lot of the decide not to play for someone other than Coach Anderson, or will they make the most of it and play for whom ever?

Will Coach Anderson stay at JCHS, or go some where else? I myself would hate to see that happen. At the same time I will support who ever is here.

I can`t imagine Justin would be happy if the rug gets pulled out from under him during spring practice. I know he wants to be a HC and I wouldn`t blame him for leaving if he thought he`d get a better opportunity to be one by going somewhere else. If he isn`t made HC I would hope that who ever is will offer him a coordinator position so that he can set himself up for the next big jump. As far as players, who knows. I would hope that a coach leaving or coming wouldn`t be the sole reason a kid quit football, or looked to go elsewhere, but who knows.

This says a lot about Justin's future if he is still in the race. He must be doing real well in the interviews. He has the least experience of all of them but must be showing a lot of desire for the job when he meets with DS and KB. He has a bright future regardless.

This says a lot about Justin's future if he is still in the race. He must be doing real well in the interviews. He has the least experience of all of them but must be showing a lot of desire for the job when he meets with DS and KB. He has a bright future regardless.

I think the way he's running the team during spring practice may be helping him more than anything, its like test driving a car before you buy it.

I can`t imagine Justin would be happy if the rug gets pulled out from under him during spring practice. I know he wants to be a HC and I wouldn`t blame him for leaving if he thought he`d get a better opportunity to be one by going somewhere else. If he isn`t made HC I would hope that who ever is will offer him a coordinator position so that he can set himself up for the next big jump. As far as players, who knows. I would hope that a coach leaving or coming wouldn`t be the sole reason a kid quit football, or looked to go elsewhere, but who knows.

Naming a head coach during spring practice is not "pulling the rug out" since the timeline has been very clear. Coach Anderson is a good coach, a fine person and has a bright future, but I don't see any way to justify hiring him based on the experience level of the final 4 candidates. This is not a knock on Justin. Coach U handled the entire offense and as a result, Justin is not as prepared as he should be. Is it right to think a coach that has never been a OC or DC should step into a HC position at a 5A school???

I'm surprised more people aren't excited about Sweetland. Farragat has done well, he comes from Maryville...experienced and successful not to mention recommended by GQ. How do you not hire this guy over Coach Anderson?