WC at MJ

worden55

I was told at the gate when entering the gym Tuesday nite that the gym would open at 5 pm Friday nite for the Wilson Central game

and Mailman to respond to you statement the Lady Wildkittens have found their "chemistry" GIVE ME A BREAK..... All due respect if you can't beat Gallatin on your "own" floor by convinceable margin you have some real issues to deal with.

ALSO, only 1 of the 2 players you are referring to helped the Lady Bears last year. Granted the other one would have played a role this year but that didn't happen and life goes on.

As I said in a earlier post WC strength is their post play and MJ strength is in their guard play and their speed and quickness and full court press.

One other strength I neglected to mention is coaching. As I've heard on some of your posts in the past WC has a legend on thier bench and that being Campbell Brandon and yes I will agree he is a legend but for my money I'll take Chris Fryer over both the legend and the legend's son...... :rolleyes:

Go Lady Bears ................ Nobody and I mean NOBODY comes into our house and pushes us around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told at the gate when entering the gym Tuesday nite that the gym would open at 5 pm Friday nite for the Wilson Central game

and Mailman to respond to you statement the Lady Wildkittens have found their "chemistry" GIVE ME A BREAK..... All due respect if you can't beat Gallatin on your "own" floor by convinceable margin you have some real issues to deal with.

ALSO, only 1 of the 2 players you are referring to helped the Lady Bears last year. Granted the other one would have played a role this year but that didn't happen and life goes on.

As I said in a earlier post WC strength is their post play and MJ strength is in their guard play and their speed and quickness and full court press.

One other strength I neglected to mention is coaching. As I've heard on some of your posts in the past WC has a legend on thier bench and that being Campbell Brandon and yes I will agree he is a legend but for my money I'll take Chris Fryer over both the legend and the legend's son...... :thumb:

Go Lady Bears ................ Nobody and I mean NOBODY comes into our house and pushes us around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beating someone on your own floor by 30 is not a convinceable margin? Besides one or two games, MJ has played nothing but cupcakes so far this year. WC has had the tougher schedule. Come on Mailman! Bring some more heat! :rolleyes:

One other strength I neglected to mention is coaching. As I've heard on some of your posts in the past WC has a legend on thier bench and that being Campbell Brandon and yes I will agree he is a legend but for my money I'll take Chris Fryer over both the legend and the legend's son...... :rolleyes:

Alas, MtJBears, all good things must come to an end. The streak will slip away Friday night in a game that will no doubt rattle the rafters of the cave. Lady Cats dish out some cat scratch fever to the tune of 7 points. :0

Well here its you heard it here first the streak ends Friday ! WC found the chemistry last game though it was not against a team of mj's talent you could still tell that these girls were on the same page things were clicking and they will continue Friday night. It was said earlier on here that MJ has played better post.....that is a false statement if i have ever saw one. You have one division one player and one who is on her way to becoming one. The post will show up and be ready to play. As for the guard play that MJ fans love to rip apart... before you start doing that remember two of them were key players for your team last year and if i remember correctly you had nothing for praise for them at that time and i don't think they have just completely fallen apart since then. I believe Christopher, Burroghs, and Farmer will show up and be ready to play. Williams also found her touch last game and if she is hitting from outside as well, watch out I believe WC will be able to handle the press and once it becomes a half court game its over for MJ. Good luck Lady Wildcats and folks you better get there early. WC by 8! :rolleyes:

Burroghs wanted to come back after leaving and Fryer said he would leave it up to the players to decide if they wanted her back. The players voted "no". Now, MJ has much more chemistry this year. Go figure. Fryer is quiet possably the best coach in the state at developing guards. I have always said that Campbell was the best coach I had ever seen, any sport, any level. I still say that in his day he was. Bud is a good man and a good coach but he hasn't been able to develope the guards. He has always done a good job of getting the most out of the post players.

I'm not going to make a prediction because it could go either way. Even as much as 20 points. If it comes down to coaching, MJ will win big. Fryer has outcoached Brandon and Brandon many times. (mostly in developing his players)

Burroghs wanted to come back after leaving and Fryer said he would leave it up to the players to decide if they wanted her back. The players voted "no". Now, MJ has much more chemistry this year. Go figure. Fryer is quiet possably the best coach in the state at developing guards. I have always said that Campbell was the best coach I had ever seen, any sport, any level. I still say that in his day he was. Bud is a good man and a good coach but he hasn't been able to develope the guards. He has always done a good job of getting the most out of the post players.

I'm not going to make a prediction because it could go either way. Even as much as 20 points. If it comes down to coaching, MJ will win big. Fryer has outcoached Brandon and Brandon many times. (mostly in developing his players)

Except for last year I guess.

Except for last year I guess.

Who out coaches who doesn't always mean who wins. The only time I can remember Brandon out coaching Fryer was in the overtime WC win in 05. MJ had just beaten them by 33 points the week before and WC came back the next week and beat them. That was an excellent coaching job by Bud.

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

Here we go yes Coach Campbell is a great coach.....but lets give Bud his credit also. You dont just luck into a state championship. Bud has done a great job building this program into a state powerhouse. If its up to me ill take Bud over Fryer every day of the week! How quick you MJ fans forget you Bud cant develop guards? Lets look back what about Kelly Gassie? Pretty good guard last time i checked also Kellie O'Connel another good guard. To say you cant gain chemistry by beating a poor team is laughable. You can get that spark, that chemistry anytime whether it be practice or in game these girls were playing as one this will happen on Friday as well. As for this press that is supposed to be so good that it would make a Pat Summit team crumble ha ha i really think that WC will not have a huge problem with it like you MJ fans think. The guards are more than capable of getting the ball up the court and plus you can always bring Jenkins down to bring it up as well! Im sticking with my pick Wilson Central by 8 good luck Lady Cats! :thumb:

Here we go yes Coach Campbell is a great coach.....but lets give Bud his credit also. You dont just luck into a state championship. Bud has done a great job building this program into a state powerhouse. If its up to me ill take Bud over Fryer every day of the week! How quick you MJ fans forget you Bud cant develop guards? Lets look back what about Kelly Gassie? Pretty good guard last time i checked also Kellie O'Connel another good guard. To say you cant gain chemistry by beating a poor team is laughable. You can get that spark, that chemistry anytime whether it be practice or in game these girls were playing as one this will happen on Friday as well. As for this press that is supposed to be so good that it would make a Pat Summit team crumble ha ha i really think that WC will not have a huge problem with it like you MJ fans think. The guards are more than capable of getting the ball up the court and plus you can always bring Jenkins down to bring it up as well! Im sticking with my pick Wilson Central by 8 good luck Lady Cats! :thumb:

Yes, Gassie is a good example. Gassie didn't improve much from her sophomore year to her senior year. Yes, she was a great guard, but she was before she got to Bud. I'm not trying to take much away from Bud, I like Bud. He is a good coach. Not as good as his father was. I don't think anyone is. But, Fryer's team right now has no starters from last year. 3 graduated, one left for WC, and the other is now out with an ACL. At this point, 17 - 1, if they win the next one, almost no matter what happens the rest of the year, Fryer deserves the coach of the year. Not just in the district, but in the state. How do you loose everyone, your best to the defending state champ and still be better than them (if they win tomorrow)?

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

Who out coaches who doesn't always mean who wins. The only time I can remember Brandon out coaching Fryer was in the overtime WC win in 95. MJ had just beaten them by 33 points the week before and WC came back the next week and beat them. That was an excellent coaching job by Bud.

I'll take the win....... :thumb:

Yes, Gassie is a good example. Gassie didn't improve much from her sophomore year to her senior year. Yes, she was a great guard, but she was before she got to Bud. I'm not trying to take much away from Bud, I like Bud. He is a good coach. Not as good as his father was. I don't think anyone is. But, Fryer's team right now has no starters from last year. 3 graduated, one left for WC, and the other is now out with an ACL. At this point, 17 - 1, if they win the next one, almost no matter what happens the rest of the year, Fryer deserves the coach of the year. Not just in the district, but in the state. How do you loose everyone, your best to the defending state champ and still be better than them (if they win tomorrow)?

I couldn't agree with you more Bates. What Chris has done is incredible to say the least. Having a team right now that how no starters from last year and is 16-1.

Now for Wilson Central... RETURNING their 3 headed monster of Hassle, Jenkins, and Williams and the "odds on favorite" to repeat as State Champs and currently 15-3 ... Oh!!! I'm sorry 15-2 since they are NOT recognizing their "loss" to Riverdale in the Hall of Fame game... Wouldn't it be great if we could all decide not to recognize a loss in a classic game. Does this mean Mt. Juliet can decide to NOT recognize their loss to Lexington Catholic? Ha Ha Ha

It is RATHER obvious to me WC is a Underachieving team. I mean with all the talent they have plus 2 transfers they should be undefeated but instead they have 3 losses, I'm sorry 2 losses, and a couple other close calls that could have gone the other way.

And it is ALSO Obvious that Chris gets the most out of his players, more than any other coach... Case in point MJ defeated Smyrna by 22 points and Smyrna beat Wilson Central by 6 points. How can this be????? Could it be the coaching, the players, or CHEMISTRY ? Has to be something... How do you explain this?

I believe that Gassie played for Fryer in Jr. High, I may be wrong, but I believe she did.