worden55

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll be the first one in.

MJ by 12:

Home Court holds serve in this series

MJ offense too diverse for WC to defend - speed, multiple points of attack. The biggest difference this year are Sharpe and Bowman add a dimension of guards attacking the basket, dish to the perimeter scorers. The overall team speed will be just too much for WC.

Pressure D is no surpise for a MJ team, WC guards are suspect.

WC has a tendency to get behind, try to find a comfort zone. This might be okay against a team that scores in the 50's but MJ averages over 70 (and holds their opponents down as well)

MJ faces bigger posts every week and does what it takes to win.

MJ has no chemistry issues - absolute team play!

Bears Win :blink:

I think MJ keeps their home win streak alive and wins this game. I like the speed and defense,so I take MJ to win by 5. :blink:

I think the win streak may end. It's just so hard to keep going no matter how good you are. It should come down to the last minute of the game though.

What is the state record for home wins? MJ has to be close.

The one thing that may help MJ win is they believe they should win at home. No one on this team has ever known a home loss.

Edited by Bates Water Gardens

the last time they lost there, it was to a very good Beech team. WC almost got them there a couple years ago, I remember the place was packed, but MJ pulled it out. This one should be a very interesting, and again it will be packed. It is true though, someone will come in eventually and end that streak.

Edited by worden55

This is THE BEST RIVALRY in Girls Basketball in the State of Tennessee

Mt. Juliet vs. Wilson Central ---- says it all

Two great teams within a few miles of each other.

I hope MJ and Beyond is right but this will be a tough game for the Lady Bears under the basket. If WC cominates the boards it will a tough time. And on the defensive boards in piticular. Second and Third shots under the basket from Hassle, Jenkins, and Williams could be death.

Lady Bears need to keep the pressure on and get turnovers and don't give WC alot of cheap baskets in the paint.

Sure the guard play for MJ is their strength and the post play for WC is their strength.

I think it will be very difficult for the Lady Bears to get anything inside and Van Atta will have to have a outstanding game to get the victory.

Coach Fryer will have a plan. I just hope the plan is effective.

Good Luck Lady Bears.

My only suggestion is if you wanna seat at the gym I suggest you get there 2 hours before the game starts.

This is THE BEST RIVALRY in Girls Basketball in the State of Tennessee

Mt. Juliet vs. Wilson Central ---- says it all

Two great teams within a few miles of each other.

I hope MJ and Beyond is right but this will be a tough game for the Lady Bears under the basket. If WC cominates the boards it will a tough time. And on the defensive boards in piticular. Second and Third shots under the basket from Hassle, Jenkins, and Williams could be death.

Lady Bears need to keep the pressure on and get turnovers and don't give WC alot of cheap baskets in the paint.

Sure the guard play for MJ is their strength and the post play for WC is their strength.

I think it will be very difficult for the Lady Bears to get anything inside and Van Atta will have to have a outstanding game to get the victory.

Coach Fryer will have a plan. I just hope the plan is effective.

Good Luck Lady Bears.

My only suggestion is if you wanna seat at the gym I suggest you get there 2 hours before the game starts.

The gate will not open until about an hour before the game. The last time I was there one hour before tipoff and got a good seat. About 15 minutes it was about full though.

Well here its you heard it here first the streak ends Friday ! WC found the chemistry last game though it was not against a team of mj's talent you could still tell that these girls were on the same page things were clicking and they will continue Friday night. It was said earlier on here that MJ has played better post.....that is a false statement if i have ever saw one. You have one division one player and one who is on her way to becoming one. The post will show up and be ready to play. As for the guard play that MJ fans love to rip apart... before you start doing that remember two of them were key players for your team last year and if i remember correctly you had nothing for praise for them at that time and i don't think they have just completely fallen apart since then. I believe Christopher, Burroghs, and Farmer will show up and be ready to play. Williams also found her touch last game and if she is hitting from outside as well, watch out I believe WC will be able to handle the press and once it becomes a half court game its over for MJ. Good luck Lady Wildcats and folks you better get there early. WC by 8! :thumb:

Well here its you heard it here first the streak ends Friday ! WC found the chemistry last game though it was not against a team of mj's talent you could still tell that these girls were on the same page things were clicking and they will continue Friday night. It was said earlier on here that MJ has played better post.....that is a false statement if i have ever saw one. You have one division one player and one who is on her way to becoming one. The post will show up and be ready to play. As for the guard play that MJ fans love to rip apart... before you start doing that remember two of them were key players for your team last year and if i remember correctly you had nothing for praise for them at that time and i don't think they have just completely fallen apart since then. I believe Christopher, Burroghs, and Farmer will show up and be ready to play. Williams also found her touch last game and if she is hitting from outside as well, watch out I believe WC will be able to handle the press and once it becomes a half court game its over for MJ. Good luck Lady Wildcats and folks you better get there early. WC by 8! :thumb:

Now you are just plain hurting my feelings - did not say better, MJ faces BIGGER posts each week. Take a deep breath and try again :)

With all due respect to the Green Wave, well you noted it yourself...

Also - are our Guards starting for WC now? Very interesting...

My pick of 12 has a bit of recent history...figure it out!

Go Bears :D