1/16 District 8AA game

timbdp

Goodpasture-53 Greenbrier-49 in OT.

Greenbrier had a 1 point lead with the ball in regulation with 9 seconds to go. They miss a lay-up, GP rebounds pushes it up the floor....miss shot....GP rebounds under the basket...GB fouls with no time on the clock. GP hits the first FT to tie...then misses the second. Sent the game in to OT.

This district is wide open.

QUOTE(COACHHARD @ Jan 16 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826334223[/snapback]

Goodpasture-53 Greenbrier-49 in OT.

Greenbrier had a 1 point lead with the ball in regulation with 9 seconds to go. They miss a lay-up, GP rebounds pushes it up the floor....miss shot....GP rebounds under the basket...GB fouls with no time on the clock. GP hits the first FT to tie...then misses the second. Sent the game in to OT.

This district is wide open.

Thanks for the rundown on this game. I was wondering how it all played out when I saw the score. Why, if you're Greenbrier, would you even shoot the ball with a 1 point lead and 9 seconds on the clock? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Hold the ball, run clock, spread the floor as much as possible and wait to get fouled. That's two very tough losses in the last two games for GB. Was Cline the player that missed the layup? For his sanity, I hope it wasn't him

QUOTE(BDP_FAN @ Jan 17 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826335233[/snapback]

Thanks for the rundown on this game. I was wondering how it all played out when I saw the score. Why, if you're Greenbrier, would you even shoot the ball with a 1 point lead and 9 seconds on the clock? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Hold the ball, run clock, spread the floor as much as possible and wait to get fouled. That's two very tough losses in the last two games for GB. Was Cline the player that missed the layup? For his sanity, I hope it wasn't him

Good question. Not sure of the answer though....other than he was wide open and couldn't resist. I don't know what was instructed in the huddle, but you are dead on.....just run the clock and it's over. And no it wasn't Cline. This is a young GB team. Hopefully they will learn from these mistakes and make a run in the tourney. Last year they were seeded 4th and ended up winning it.

On a side note...the clock had expired before the shooting foul was commited. If the foul occurred before time ran out...then there should have been no FT's...because GP was not in a one and one situation yet. Tough call for any official to make.

As a huge GB fan..the White House game was hard to swallow....this one was even worse. Hopefully these coaches and players can keep their heads up and pull out some of these close ones down the road.

Good luck to GB...and the rest of 8-AA.