Poor Gallatin

Bates Water Gardens

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826342372[/snapback]

they will be down from an experience standpoint. Only 3 seniors really contribute a lot but they have great experience. Some of next year depends on how well soph point guard Stacia Lee comes back from acl surgery. In 2 years this team could be really good as they finally have some size that won't be ready next year in that district but should be the next. They also have young quickness. Them losing 7 seniors won't be as devastating as Hville losing their seniors last year.

I agree.....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826342380[/snapback]

Oh I forgot, seniors should play because ...........well they are seniors! Beech would beat JPII 5 out of 10 times with their freshman and sophmores playing. Let's not forget, we are comparing DII with AAA. Where would JPII be ranked in AAA? I have seen both of these teams play and it is not even close.......This comes from someone who is not even a Beech fan.

don't get too happy now. JPII freshmen were 12-2 last year and are currently 11-0 this year. We have the top freshman player in the area hands down and she was the sumner county middle school player of the year last year. So Beech's frosh and sophs couldn't probably beat JPII's frosh and sophs let alone be on the same floor as our varsity. JPII would probably finish 3rd behind MJ andWC. The top DII teams can compete with top AAA but remember most DII schools are the size of AA schools. Knox Webb beat WC this year and Briarcrest is the #1 overall team in Memphis public or private. JPII's schedule strength isn't great (18th) but only losses of the year is to Knox Webb, Briarcrest, and a 20-3 Antioch team that was trailing JPII until 2 minutes to go. Besides, the other AAA schools in the area besides Gallatin won't schedule JPII in varsity or freshman sports so maybe we'll find out when some of the narrowminded principals retire or move on.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Jan 23 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826342633[/snapback]

don't get too happy now. JPII freshmen were 12-2 last year and are currently 11-0 this year. We have the top freshman player in the area hands down and she was the sumner county middle school player of the year last year. So Beech's frosh and sophs couldn't probably beat JPII's frosh and sophs let alone be on the same floor as our varsity. JPII would probably finish 3rd behind MJ andWC. The top DII teams can compete with top AAA but remember most DII schools are the size of AA schools. Knox Webb beat WC this year and Briarcrest is the #1 overall team in Memphis public or private. JPII's schedule strength isn't great (18th) but only losses of the year is to Knox Webb, Briarcrest, and a 20-3 Antioch team that was trailing JPII until 2 minutes to go. Besides, the other AAA schools in the area besides Gallatin won't schedule JPII in varsity or freshman sports so maybe we'll find out when some of the narrowminded principals retire or move on.

Like I said before, I have seen both teams play and I am an UNBIASED observer. JPII might finish 5th in district 9, but my question was where they would rank in the state since you keep letting everyone know they are 2nd in DII.

Oh and by the way, there are no "player of the year" awards in middle school. She may have made "all-county" but so did 9 other girls..........(2 or 3 from Hunter (Beech)).

Please don't get me wrong, PJPII is an awesome school, but I think your vision is a little clouded with all the "state" tournaments and rankings in DII. I have no doubt that they will be there in the near future, but to say they would beat Beech and finish 3rd in the best AAA district in the state is a little presumptious....

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826342687[/snapback]

Like I said before, I have seen both teams play and I am an UNBIASED observer. JPII might finish 5th in district 9, but my question was where they would rank in the state since you keep letting everyone know they are 2nd in DII.

Oh and by the way, there are no "player of the year" awards in middle school. She may have made "all-county" but so did 9 other girls..........(2 or 3 from Hunter (Beech)).

Please don't get me wrong, PJPII is an awesome school, but I think your vision is a little clouded with all the "state" tournaments and rankings in DII. I have no doubt that they will be there in the near future, but to say they would beat Beech and finish 3rd in the best AAA district in the state is a little presumptious....

OK, she was all county and tourney MVP. To answer your question, JPII would be a top 15 team in AAA and top 10 team in AA. There is no district as good as 9AAA but just because you are in that district it doesn't elevate you where you don't belong. As I earlier stated, Coach Walker is tremendous and I've known all his kids since they were 12-13 years old and are great kids. But, they would have a hard time beating Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, etc. What impressive wins have they had? Siegel, Brentwood? The middle and bottom of DII is terrible and Beech's schedule is definitely tougher. Since this is a Gallatin topic it would be interesting to see what they feel since they've played both. Like all teams we've had some bad outings (against Davidson, YUCK), but have won. And its definitely easier for us to go to the state but it doesn't take away from the level of play that the top DII teams are capable of. Good luck to all.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Jan 23 2007 - 04:31 PM) 826342770[/snapback]

OK, she was all county and tourney MVP. To answer your question, JPII would be a top 15 team in AAA and top 10 team in AA. There is no district as good as 9AAA but just because you are in that district it doesn't elevate you where you don't belong. As I earlier stated, Coach Walker is tremendous and I've known all his kids since they were 12-13 years old and are great kids. But, they would have a hard time beating Brentwood Academy, Harpeth Hall, etc. What impressive wins have they had? Siegel, Brentwood? The middle and bottom of DII is terrible and Beech's schedule is definitely tougher. Since this is a Gallatin topic it would be interesting to see what they feel since they've played both. Like all teams we've had some bad outings (against Davidson, YUCK), but have won. And its definitely easier for us to go to the state but it doesn't take away from the level of play that the top DII teams are capable of. Good luck to all.

I guess I could ask you the same question as to what impressive wins PJPII has, but I looked at their schedule. It would be hard to have any impressive wins if you don't play any impressive teams, but I guess that is my whole point.

I guess we can agree to disagree..............................

But just to ruffle your feathers, their only common opponent (Gallatin) Beech beat them by 20 at their place. Beech also beat a "real" AA top ten team in Livingston Academy. I know, I know PJPII held St. Cecilia to 12 points YEA

QUOTE(stlbrd @ Jan 23 2007 - 06:08 PM) 826342865[/snapback]

I guess I could ask you the same question as to what impressive wins PJPII has, but I looked at their schedule. It would be hard to have any impressive wins if you don't play any impressive teams, but I guess that is my whole point.

I guess we can agree to disagree..............................

But just to ruffle your feathers, their only common opponent (Gallatin) Beech beat them by 20 at their place. Beech also beat a "real" AA top ten team in Livingston Academy. I know, I know PJPII held St. Cecilia to 12 points YEA

No feathers ruffled as I don't take any of this stuff serious or personal. Its all good conversation and opinion which is the purpose of all message boards. Everyone should be as confident and proud of their team as I am. Thanks for your opinion.

QUOTE(LadyWave20 @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826343662[/snapback]

So now that Gallatin has possibly clinched the number 4 spot in the district how do you people feel now? Their win over LaVergne (which everyone thought they would lose to) was a big win. What's the outcome predicted to be for the Beech-Gallatin game this Friday? (It is Gallatin's homecoming.)

No one thought that Gallatin would lose to LaVergne. They have not clinched the #4 spot by a long way. They still have Beech, Wilson Central, Smyrna, and Mt. Juliet. If Beech beats Gallatin ( I know that's not a given) then Beech will have the best chance at the #4 spot.

QUOTE(LadyWave20 @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826343662[/snapback]

So now that Gallatin has possibly clinched the number 4 spot in the district how do you people feel now? Their win over LaVergne (which everyone thought they would lose to) was a big win. What's the outcome predicted to be for the Beech-Gallatin game this Friday? (It is Gallatin's homecoming.)

LaVergne handed Gallatin the game last night and Gallatin players should send LaVergne players a note of thanks today. With over 20 turnovers and God knows how many missed baskets by LaVergne is the reason LaVergne lost, not because Gallatin played better. There's no way LaVergne should have loss and they know it. It was a poorly played game by both teams and if I were Gallatin players, I don't think I would come away feeling like we played our best and that was a big win BUT we were lucky that we had the referee to blow his whistle & call a questionable foul with 5 seconds remaining after my teammate threw up a wild shot in the midst of a scramble!!

QUOTE(jazzypha24mom @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:56 AM) 826343845[/snapback]

LaVergne handed Gallatin the game last night and Gallatin players should send LaVergne players a note of thanks today. With over 20 turnovers and God knows how many missed baskets by LaVergne is the reason LaVergne lost, not because Gallatin played better. There's no way LaVergne should have loss and they know it. It was a poorly played game by both teams and if I were Gallatin players, I don't think I would come away feeling like we played our best and that was a big win BUT we were lucky that we had the referee to blow his whistle & call a questionable foul with 5 seconds remaining after my teammate threw up a wild shot in the midst of a scramble!!

What about "Poor Gallatin vs Beech this Friday night. Is it not one of biggest games for Gallatin girls in a few? Would they be tied with Beech if they win?

How hungry will the Green Wave be?

QUOTE(sumnercountybball @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826346114[/snapback]

What about "Poor Gallatin vs Beech this Friday night. Is it not one of biggest games for Gallatin girls in a few? Would they be tied with Beech if they win?

How hungry will the Green Wave be?

Gallatin will be one up on them if they win. If Beech wins, they will have to lose 2 more than Gallatin the rest of the way since they will have the 2 win tie braker.

As far as Gallatin and Beech go, they're solid when they're playing at the top of their game. Unfortunately, neither plays at the top of their game very often. How Beech lost to La Vergne makes me scratch my head. If you can handle Beech's pressure, you'll put up some serious points though.

Gallatin and Beech will likely play again in the first round of the district tournament. All that Friday night does is determine where it will be played at.

La Vergne blew it with Tuesday night's loss, which will mean a No. 6 seed. They probably won't have a shot now in their first-round game, which I'm assuming will be against Smyrna.

D-II girls hoops is relatively weak. Everybody knows it except the D-II faithful. BA is probably the only team that could possibly win a game in the AAA state tournament, probably the AA state tournament too for that matter (unless there are some really weak regions out east or west that I'm unaware of that have teams get there and go one and done almost every year).

But you play with the card you're dealt. PJP II is ranked second in D-II. Good for them. They're in search of a D-II state title. They can't win a AAA state title.

PJP II beat Gallatin, but keep in mind that Gallatin is an average or at best slightly (and I do mean) slightly above average AAA team that has been inconsistent.

Good luck to all three of those programs.

Kendrick won a AAA state title. You have to respect her for that. Walker's program almost won one too (runner-up a few years back) and plays extremely hard. Rollins has won a bunch of games in her career and may have won some state titles back in the day too. You have to be a pretty good coach (or at least have to stay out of the way enough) in order to have that type of success.