Cascade @ Forrest

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826344169[/snapback]

Thank you, Blue. It was a great game and I expect these two teams to meet again. Neither team is a "one man show" as has been stated by some on here. Forrest has a well rounded team with several contributors. I was impressed with 20 and 34 along with the superstar. ( who didn't have as good a game with the defensive scheme Coach Pope used). I think you can just about flip a coin on each game these two teams play because they are very evenly matched. Good Luck until the tournaments!

Hey Cascade 11 did I say Forrest was a one man show? I believe I stated that #20 shot the ball well for them also. If you were not directing that towards me than I appologize, but if it was towards me I am for Cascade not against them and was not being disrespectful by stating anything that I did. Just trying to see where you are coming from with this one. On another note you are all right by saying we need to look out for Eagleville and Van Buren because this is a great district and will be tough for the winner whoever that is.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Jan 25 2007 - 01:57 AM) 826344944[/snapback]

Hey Cascade 11 did I say Forrest was a one man show? I believe I stated that #20 shot the ball well for them also. If you were not directing that towards me than I appologize, but if it was towards me I am for Cascade not against them and was not being disrespectful by stating anything that I did. Just trying to see where you are coming from with this one. On another note you are all right by saying we need to look out for Eagleville and Van Buren because this is a great district and will be tough for the winner whoever that is.

No, Trey, that comment was not aimed at you. I know who you are because my wife played basketball for your Dad in high school. That comment went back to other threads where some of Shankle's family (his brother I think) were pushing him for MVP of the United States. I feel that the other guys on that team don't get the credit they deserve because there are several talented players on that team. If Shankle didn't force so many shots and found them more often, that team would be dangerous!

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jan 25 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826345034[/snapback]

No, Trey, that comment was not aimed at you. I know who you are because my wife played basketball for your Dad in high school. That comment went back to other threads where some of Shankle's family (his brother I think) were pushing him for MVP of the United States. I feel that the other guys on that team don't get the credit they deserve because there are several talented players on that team. If Shankle didn't force so many shots and found them more often, that team would be dangerous!

My bad then Cascade 11 thought it was referred to me. Who is your wife? I agree with what you have said and I think Shankle is a good ball player but I think he is not the best outright in the district. I beleive their are a few players who can contend for that and think that Hall will win the MVP if they end up winning it all.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Jan 25 2007 - 01:57 AM) 826344944[/snapback]

Four teams from this district have the opportunity and the talent to win the district tournament. I think we all know who they are.

QUOTE(SLEDGEHAMMER2 @ Jan 25 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826346199[/snapback]

Four teams from this district have the opportunity and the talent to win the district tournament. I think we all know who they are.

No doubt about it. I think the district tourney will be great but also will be interesting to see how they compete with the other district in the regional tourney.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826343804[/snapback]

Different sport, same old melodramic VoiceoftheRockets! If you didn't think the one Ref I mentioned was pathetic it is time you go get your prescription glasses renewed! I said the game was closer due to the terrible calls by this idiot in the fourth quarter. THAT is exactly why you were able to make the run! I'm not tainting a victory I'm only stating the obvious. I also said you have a solid team and on any given night I think either of these teams can win, but LAST night we WERE the better team, no question about it!

The run started when your boy Shankle drove the lane and ran over Day for what anybody on either side of the Gym knew was an obvious Charge. This idiot called a block and that was one of of many terrible calls on his part. The meaningless uncontested three which Shankle hit at the buzzer also made it look alot closer than it was as well. Just curious why if you need 5 points to tie a game with 8 seconds left does your ball hog dribble the length of the floor and make sure he padded his stats with a last second shot rather than pass ahead?

That was the first time in several years that I know without a shadow of a doubt that a referee was trying to give the game to a certain team. J.D. is known throughout this part of TN to be a terrible ref on the court and arrogant on and off the court. He has something against Coach Pope or someone at Cascade, because he tries to do this every time. It was just SO apparent to anyone that was at that game. TSSAA, time to wake up. This guy is not fit to be an official.