UTC state tournament

boomer5

QUOTE(racefan @ Jan 22 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826340996[/snapback]

I would guess that TSSAA don't really care if the wrestlers have to miss three days of school. They sure don't care if the parents have to either miss seeing their children wrestle or miss another days work to see them wrestle, not to mention if you have other children that you have to make arrangements to get someone to keep or bring them with you and then they miss and extra day of school plus the extra expense. I guess we know what’s not important to TSSAA.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little

What are you getting on TSSAA for , it was UTC that made the screw up. TSSAA has had the the "State" there at the Round House at least the last 6 or 7 years. THE SAME WEEK END. TSSAA should move it to another location (next year) because UTC screwed up.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the UTC web site in this article:

http://www.gomocs.com/article.asp?articleid=81105

The UTC basketball game for Feb. 17 was announced on Oct. 9, 2006 when ESPN put UTC in their Bracketbusters progran. So, apparently UTC then got the TSSAA to move the dates of the tournament sometime after 10/9/2006.

I called the TSSAA office before I found this and the nice lady who answers the phone, said that the calendar was put out in August and has not been changed since then and this was not a change in the dates of the tournament. Either she had incorrect info or TSSAA had a crystal ball in August that told them this was going to happen.

QUOTE(BIRD WATCHER @ Jan 22 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826341036[/snapback]

According to the UTC web site in this article:

http://www.gomocs.com/article.asp?articleid=81105

The UTC basketball game for Feb. 17 was announced on Oct. 9, 2006 when ESPN put UTC in their Bracketbusters progran. So, apparently UTC then got the TSSAA to move the dates of the tournament sometime after 10/9/2006.

I called the TSSAA office before I found this and the nice lady who answers the phone, said that the calendar was put out in August and has not been changed since then and this was not a change in the dates of the tournament. Either she had incorrect info or TSSAA had a crystal ball in August that told them this was going to happen.

thats crap... why the heck would they change the state trny.. why not have the state trny regular like coach blair said. then have the finals on 2 mats in the old gym. also with espn being there means tennessee wrestling will get on espn anyways. then the finalists can go watch a good college basketball game....i know basketball err but you dont get to be on espn very often in chattanooga or let alone tennessee unless its football or maybe a UT girls basketball game

QUOTE(oneblindref @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826341020[/snapback]

What are you getting on TSSAA for , it was UTC that made the screw up. TSSAA has had the the "State" there at the Round House at least the last 6 or 7 years. THE SAME WEEK END. TSSAA should move it to another location (next year) because UTC screwed up.

This is why I am getting onto TSSAA they have had the same dates and UTC knew that. TSSAA should have either argued that fact or moved the tournament.

I am sure that other arenas would have been glad to accommodate them.

QUOTE(oneblindref @ Jan 22 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826341020[/snapback]

it sounds to me like somone is just wanting to use the change of dates to move the tournament out of chattanooga. why would anyone want to take the state tournament away from the best wrestling college in tennessee? oneblindref you need to come up with something a little better than that to take the tournament away from this great location and into your backyard. wherever that may be.

QUOTE(johnnybravo12 @ Jan 22 2007 - 05:58 PM) 826341487[/snapback]

it sounds to me like somone is just wanting to use the change of dates to move the tournament out of chattanooga. why would anyone want to take the state tournament away from the best wrestling college in tennessee? oneblindref you need to come up with something a little better than that to take the tournament away from this great location and into your backyard. wherever that may be.

Get real bravo. There is a lot more at stake than UTC losing the tournament. I know some middle Tennessee schools are already not happy with students missing 2 days of school. It doesn't matter where it is. I think Chat is a great location, but if UTC cannot accomodate the state tourney then other venues need to be looked in to.

Are there any confirmations from coaches about the date change? Has TSSAA contacted any schools? Or is this just a big mix up. TSSAA need to ensure that the coaches are aware of this change if it is true.

This new date for this year has been on the schedule all school year. I saw it when school schedules were just being posted. Most of you are complaining because your coach just assumed the dates when they pasted out schedules to the boys and parents, otherwise you would have been complaining and contacting TSSAA back at the beginning of the school year.

QUOTE(wrestlemom @ Jan 22 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826341592[/snapback]

Most of you are complaining because your coach just assumed the dates when they pasted out schedules to the boys and parents, otherwise you would have been complaining and contacting TSSAA back at the beginning of the school year.

Should they have assumed differently? Was there any verbal or written notification to the coaches? I can't understand the lack of communication by TSSAA. They couldn't have assumed that coaches would think that the state tournament would be different than it has been for years.

Athletic directors should have been notified when the change was made.

According to the TSSAA handbook found at http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/wrestling.pdf

"IV. STATE TOURNAMENT (Division I)

A. The state wrestling tournament shall be held the weekend of the third Saturday in February."

QUOTE(Cheb89 @ Jan 22 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826341648[/snapback]

Should they have assumed differently? Was there any verbal or written notification to the coaches? I can't understand the lack of communication by TSSAA. They couldn't have assumed that coaches would think that the state tournament would be different than it has been for years.

maybe if you cry just a little bit more espn will change its time

QUOTE(Cheb89 @ Jan 22 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826341648[/snapback]

I am not a coach or wrestler and I heard about this I think before school started. I am very surprised people are just finding out. I wish the finals would be moved from friday at 4 to about 7 to help us working people.