Heritage vs. Jo Byrns

HeritagePunter

QUOTE(HeritagePunter @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826343431[/snapback]

I dont know whats goin on with Refs this year, but I went to Adams to see White House Heritage play Jo Byrns tonight....Heritage came out on top, but the score and who won were completely overshadowed by the 65 total fouls that were called in the game...Thats gotta be near some kind of record.

Must be

SEEMS Heritage has always had an issue with refs and the way they call things. Idk,Adams also has the worst ref's around too. So maybe its not just the game. At least the Lady Pats overcame that and ended up with a road win.

Good job girls

I saw the game in question.....

I believe that the refs in the beginning were going to let the girls "play", ie no calls for the ticky tac touch foul and the such. That quickly changed when there was a no call on a Heritage fast break off a steal when the shooter was hacked from behind and knocked to the floor face first. After that the girls got hot, and started to really foul hard and the game got out of control. Technicals on both ends for player control, almost several fights.

Coaches were called to the score table and told to tell the girls that if they even spoke to a player on the other team they would be T ed up. This was all before halftime. The game became a joke after that and every "tick tac call" was made even if it just looked like a foul the whistle blew... this 32 min game took almost 2 hours to play.Two players from WH Heritage fouled out with 3 from Jo Byrns before the game was over. Whew.

Sounds like it was a "great" game to watch! I don't understand what the refs are thinking when they let the players "play" and then all of a sudden if they breathe too hard, it's a foul. That's not fair to the players, coaches, or spectators. Sorry to hear that it was so bad. We've had our share of those kinds of games. What does a coach tell his/her players when he/she is as frustrated? How did the coaches from both schools handle things? I know that Coach Wright can be animated and emotional, but it sounds like he (and Heritage's coach) had aright ot be.

Heritage held it together very well I thought. The coach from Jo Byrns held it together well also even though he was tech'd up because he had a player foul out and he hadn't put in the replacement yet and they started the game with only 4 players. That call should not have happened!!! They missed a couple of calls on slaps that should have been techs on Jo Byrns. It was a crazy game but TSSAA should review this crew. One ref was overcompensating for the other two who were clueless........... Lady Patriots held their cool for a great district win over an improved Jo Byrns! Go Lady Patriots!

QUOTE(irishfan1 @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826345519[/snapback]

Sounds like it was a "great" game to watch! I don't understand what the refs are thinking when they let the players "play" and then all of a sudden if they breathe too hard, it's a foul. That's not fair to the players, coaches, or spectators. Sorry to hear that it was so bad. We've had our share of those kinds of games. What does a coach tell his/her players when he/she is as frustrated? How did the coaches from both schools handle things? I know that Coach Wright can be animated and emotional, but it sounds like he (and Heritage's coach) had aright ot be.

No it wasnt a great game to watch it was the most unfun game of basketball I have ver watched but Heritage played through it and got the win good job girls

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Jan 25 2007 - 06:01 PM) 826345941[/snapback]

Now if Heritage could just get a little help from Jo Byrns and East Rob against Houston Co in the next two games...! That would be GREAT.

Haha....dido back to them in defeating Nashville Christian and the remaing toped teams in the district. Now as far as Jo byrns is concerned,I do believe Heritage could use more help from East defeating HCHS,East Lit,McEwen,and Nashville Christian,because then thats puts two very good RC teams in the running for 1st and 2nd,we just cant all go big headed-just play smart and do your thing,and believe and things should run smoothly,either way Heritage will be placed high and will be in a good spot come district time.

I do believe TSSAA should do better about letting girls play because once a smart player and coach realized hey,theyre not calling the little stuff,It can turn in the small things,into a big challenge,being someone getting hurt and the game get out of control. But as well,good job Lady Pats for staying in control and taking care of business,the luck just ran dry for the Devils