2007 PREDICTIONS

LEONARDSLOSERS

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 5 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826358918[/snapback]

I am not at all saying Smith was not a great back. To say he would run all over someone that he has not played is something different. I really hate that he dropped out. It is to bad a kid with such potential makes such poor choices. If it was his choice. Apparently the parental support is not there.

One thing I do not agree on is that you would have Scott Co. as even with AC Kingston, Seymour, and Carter. I do think that Carter is a step above those four, but Kingston and AC both have beaten Scott Co. for the past three years. Scott Co. I think had trouble with Pigeon Forge in a scrimmage last fall if I'm not mistaken. Which is the last good thing that PF did in 2006. I think we can all agree that region 1-3A is much weaker than 2-3A, but I think you are looking through rose colored glasses when it comes to how good the Highlanders are. AC is not the same team they were in the 90's, or early 2000's. Kingston is not the same team they were in the 90's either. As we all know neither is Fulton, Catholic, AE, Carter, and Seymour. Seymour used to beat the Falcons, RoadRunners, and Hornets on a regular occassion, but have slipped some in more recent years. They are still doing pretty good in region 1-3A, but we all know that story.

Do I think that teams from region 2-3A's lower half could compete in region 1-3A much more yes. Would they dominate-- NO, they are not dominating them now. It would be a more even region though. Although I still think that Seymour and Carter would still be at the top.

With Fulton, Seymour, Catholic, AC, and other schools enrollment growing into the 4A classification we will soon find out if these teams in region 1 and 2 are more comprable. I'm anxious to see how it unfolds.

Leonard.

I did see Smith do more damage to Fulton than any other Region 2-3A player (B. Warren, M. White, R.Sykes DL Alcoa did the most) in in 2005. He did run for 200 plus @ Fulton. He was all they had, and Fulton did not slow him down. Now H. Smith did damage in the 2nd game, but not as much as this kid did. That year he was up there with Rogan, Anderson, Cates, Cobb, etc. Too bad it worked out that way for him.

I think you are right on the money with the rest of it but, remember those fans up in Scott Co. are awfully patriotic while arguing for their team

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that. It is much more exciting to debate and argue than agree. I love the game of High School Football. I hate to see when teams are down. One thing I think that people don't realize is how much the football teams success means in the overall scheme of how the areas perception of the school is. For example

Everyone knows what kind of school that Alcoa is. Great support financially, but it was not until the school started winning football championships again that everyone started saying how superior it was academically. Now not that Alcoa is not a great school, but it is really no more successful than that of most schools that are not in a hard urban area or rural setting. Look at what has happened in the past several years. Of the past three years several of the top athletes either did not qualify or barely squeeked in. I just used them because it is one of the most obvious of schools. If you were to take the entire Football team how many would be qualifiers and how many would not at the end of their High School Career. I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but it happens every where. I was just using them as an example. The last thing is the success of Maryville has allowed everyone to realize how good academically they have been for years. When they started there great run in 98 is when the talk started what a great academic school it was. When really it has been great for years. Winning games just tends to make it seem much better.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Feb 6 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826360185[/snapback]

I understand that. It is much more exciting to debate and argue than agree. I love the game of High School Football. I hate to see when teams are down. One thing I think that people don't realize is how much the football teams success means in the overall scheme of how the areas perception of the school is. For example

Everyone knows what kind of school that Alcoa is. Great support financially, but it was not until the school started winning football championships again that everyone started saying how superior it was academically. Now not that Alcoa is not a great school, but it is really no more successful than that of most schools that are not in a hard urban area or rural setting. Look at what has happened in the past several years. Of the past three years several of the top athletes either did not qualify or barely squeeked in. I just used them because it is one of the most obvious of schools. If you were to take the entire Football team how many would be qualifiers and how many would not at the end of their High School Career. I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but it happens every where. I was just using them as an example. The last thing is the success of Maryville has allowed everyone to realize how good academically they have been for years. When they started there great run in 98 is when the talk started what a great academic school it was. When really it has been great for years. Winning games just tends to make it seem much better.

Leonard.

Please cease and desist from such logical posting(s) in order that we may immediately resume the aforementioned arguement/debate driven excitement.

Thank you.

ruse?

Hey I will go ahead and tell you. Just as old Highlander said Scott is returning alot of seniors. Something about 18 i guess. That is the most seniors on this team in a long time. I will go ahead and tell you, scott could be an easy pick to be in the top three in the region if not possibly win the region. Granted i understand that Fulton, AE or Catholic will be the preseason pick for the State Title. You better take a second look at this Highlander squad. They are like a bunch of hungry animals waiting to be unleashed. My one worry is, no offense to William kries but i am not sure if he is ready yet to be starting quarterback. I will admit william is working hard and could surprise alot of people including me. So i say if the quarterback position goes well. Then my prediction for 07 Highlanders is that they will go deep into the playoffs if not too a state title. I know that almost everyone that reads this will probably be laughing but laugh all you want too. But you better just be ready for whats too come.

The Highlanders will unleash the Dogs of War.

QUOTE(savage77 @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826360620[/snapback]

Hey I will go ahead and tell you. Just as old Highlander said Scott is returning alot of seniors. Something about 18 i guess. That is the most seniors on this team in a long time. I will go ahead and tell you, scott could be an easy pick to be in the top three in the region if not possibly win the region. Granted i understand that Fulton, AE or Catholic will be the preseason pick for the State Title. You better take a second look at this Highlander squad. They are like a bunch of hungry animals waiting to be unleashed. My one worry is, no offense to William kries but i am not sure if he is ready yet to be starting quarterback. I will admit william is working hard and could surprise alot of people including me. So i say if the quarterback position goes well. Then my prediction for 07 Highlanders is that they will go deep into the playoffs if not too a state title. I know that almost everyone that reads this will probably be laughing but laugh all you want too. But you better just be ready for whats too come.

Savage77.

That sounds like a great core group coming back. Sounds like they are working hard, have a bunch of SR leadership, and are hungry to put some wins together. Just wondering if you could maybe go through the schedule, and perhaps pick out the wins and losses, if any for 07. Not sure I have the teams in the right order, but I think I have the right opponents. Thanks a lot.

Wartburg

Gibbs

Taft

Stone Memorial

AE

Fulton

LA

AC

Kingston

Catholic

QUOTE(savage77 @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826360620[/snapback]

Well I'm not an experienced betting man, but if this happens... I promise that this Falcon Fan will learn to play the bagpipes, bump & grind on the 50 with the AE Drum Major, and buy everyone in Scott County a new cane fishing pole.

Gotta love your hometown pride & Spirit, but you need a reality check. You might be returning a little more experience, but please.... running deep into the playoffs and making a run at the state title? Someones buying too much sudaphed up in them-thar hills!

You make that run... I'll be there at the title game playing the bagpipes for you.

I'll be twirling a baton behind you Photoman.

Not that I don't think that Scott Co. will be better next year, but to all the sudden take over and go deep into the playoffs sounds just like last years preseason talk.

One thing I look at is what returns and how successful they were the year before.

You have told us that Scott has a large number of returning starters, but how many of them were big impact players that brought them wins.

Do I think they will be better, yes. Will they be in the top 3, no. They will probably beat Gibbs this year again. Last year I picked Pigeon-Forged to be a pretty good football team in region 1 -3A. They had almost everyone back. I did not realize they would change offensive and defensive schemes with a new coach.