2007 PREDICTIONS

LEONARDSLOSERS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826411231[/snapback]Perception- One thing I have to say is I have heard so many fans and supporters of the following teams try and put themselves in the same category as Fulton and Catholic, and sometimes AE. The teams from the region 2-3A all think that they are Fulton and Catholic. Just because you play them don't make you a part of them. The following teams are not in Fulton or Catholics league as far as ability. AC, Kingston, Scott Co., Livingston A., nor Stone Memorial. Just because you play in a tougher league does not make you better than everyone else. We all have our opinions, and we are never gonna agree. I would not put Gibbs in the same category as Carter and Seymour. I would not even put them in a category with most teams from 2-3A. Do I think that Region 2-3A is stronger than 1-3A yes much stronger, but do I think that all the teams would beat teams from 1-3A no. If you take Fulton and Catholic out of the league and had the rest as 1 then this is how I see it.

Carter/AE-- We will find out this year.

Seymour/Kingston

AC/Livingston A/ Pigeon Forge but not last year

Rutledge/Scott Co./Claiborne Co.

Stone/ Gibbs/Union Co

Hey Leonard.

I like the AE/Carter "we'll see this year" comment. That will be a good game. OldHighlander was asking about what AE had coming back on the other 2-3A thread. I gave him my thoughts FWIW. Last year IMHO, AE would have beat them. Shoot, AE could have beaten Catholic in the 2nd round if Troutman would have been turned loose sooner. If you put em all together for 2007, I would go with:

Catholic

Fulton

AE

Carter

Anderson County

Kingston

Seymour

Scott

Gibbs

Stone Memorial

Pigeon Forge

Rutledge

Union County

Clairborne County

I really hate to pick Pigeon Forge so low, but after last years fiasco I don't see them being a team to mention as far as competitiveness. They returned all their players from 2005, got a new coach, and fell off the face of the earth. Not that it is the coaches fault nor players, they just were not very good at all. Saw them play on VOD one time, and several other times on tape, just did not look as good as the 2005 year. Seymour is like AC just don't have the kids they once had. Scott Co. always has a good player or two, but after that they just haven't had what it takes. Carter has some better athletes than when they were in 4A, but confidence has been a huge upgrade over the past couple of years. Kingston is about the same as they were, but teams they are playing are getting better. Fulton has so much depth now that they did not have 5 or 6 years ago. Catholic took adavantage of its move to Cedar Bluff, got a great coach, and been blessed with the move of many middle class families from public to private school. Most of whom could not afford Webb. Claiborne Co. is not going to be the same team as they were with the Head Coaches son and friends gone. Gibbs will always be Gibbs. Livingston Academy will be down for a while, and Stone will have to pick it up fast, or get caught watching the paint dry. Rutledge has one good year every four, but still are not all that great. Usually just to slow.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Mar 14 2007 - 07:43 AM) 826411231[/snapback]Perception- One thing I have to say is I have heard so many fans and supporters of the following teams try and put themselves in the same category as Fulton and Catholic, and sometimes AE. The teams from the region 2-3A all think that they are Fulton and Catholic. Just because you play them don't make you a part of them. The following teams are not in Fulton or Catholics league as far as ability. AC, Kingston, Scott Co., Livingston A., nor Stone Memorial. Just because you play in a tougher league does not make you better than everyone else. We all have our opinions, and we are never gonna agree. I would not put Gibbs in the same category as Carter and Seymour. I would not even put them in a category with most teams from 2-3A. Do I think that Region 2-3A is stronger than 1-3A yes much stronger, but do I think that all the teams would beat teams from 1-3A no. If you take Fulton and Catholic out of the league and had the rest as 1 then this is how I see it.

Carter/AE-- We will find out this year.

Seymour/Kingston

AC/Livingston A/ Pigeon Forge but not last year

Rutledge/Scott Co./Claiborne Co.

Stone/ Gibbs/Union Co

To be honest I do not play against these teams, I am just a high school football fan that watches alot of games in the knoxville area, I agree with you though alot of teams group themselves in that region and align themselves with the Fultons and Catholics (I have no idea what you leave out A-E as a dominant team, the reason they haven't gone deep in the playoffs is because they have to play either Fulton or Catholic, so no I don't buy the A-E and Carter comparison,) and for some reason believe they are better than they are, but I also think people see teams like AC and Kingston get beat by 35 by Fulton and Catholic and underestimate how good AC and Kingston are. I have no idea why we are arguing anyway because you and I agree region 2-3A is much tougher, the problem lies here if you put Kingston and AC in the other region they make the playoffs every year without a doubt. The reason is just as you stated, Carter does not compare to Fulton or Catholic and in my opinion A-E, and without taking the pounding, physical nature, and speed of these games the 14-18 year old kids would probably respond better without these devastating losses, Carter would not beat any team in region-2-3A the way the Big 3 dominate them and could very easily miss the playoffs in region 2.

QUOTE(perception @ Mar 15 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826413570[/snapback]To be honest I do not play against these teams, I am just a high school football fan that watches alot of games in the knoxville area, I agree with you though alot of teams group themselves in that region and align themselves with the Fultons and Catholics (I have no idea what you leave out A-E as a dominant team, the reason they haven't gone deep in the playoffs is because they have to play either Fulton or Catholic, so no I don't buy the A-E and Carter comparison,) and for some reason believe they are better than they are, but I also think people see teams like AC and Kingston get beat by 35 by Fulton and Catholic and underestimate how good AC and Kingston are. I have no idea why we are arguing anyway because you and I agree region 2-3A is much tougher, the problem lies here if you put Kingston and AC in the other region they make the playoffs every year without a doubt. The reason is just as you stated, Carter does not compare to Fulton or Catholic and in my opinion A-E, and without taking the pounding, physical nature, and speed of these games the 14-18 year old kids would probably respond better without these devastating losses, Carter would not beat any team in region-2-3A the way the Big 3 dominate them and could very easily miss the playoffs in region 2.

Hey Perception.

I would say that you captured the gist of it pretty well. I would also say that this will be a mute point come 2009 (season not class of.)

The Regions will in all likelyhood be realigned. For example, some of the 2-3A teams may move up, or down based on enrollment. Fulton & Catholic could wind up in 3-4A with Central, Powel, Clinton, etc. With continued population growth in Halls and Mville, those two could wind up in 5A which would obviously make room for those two. AE could possibly move down for the same reason which would give Alcoa some competition within region. Stone Memorial could very easily grow to a 4A school by that time, and LA, could move for geographical reasons further west within 3A. CAK could also move up to 3A based on population. Gatlinburg-Pitman could also move up. Obviously this is all speculation; however, it could play out like this:

Region 1-3A

Piegon Forge

Claiborne County

Rutledge

Union County

Scott County

Gatlinburg-Pitman

Region 2-3A

Carter

Gibbs

CAK

Anderson County

Kingston

Seymour

Who knows? But for 08, and perhaps 09, you are probably right. That 4A Region would be pretty tough with Central, Fulton, Catholic, West, Powel.....ahh for another thread on another day.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Mar 16 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826414166[/snapback]Hey Perception.

I would say that you captured the gist of it pretty well. I would also say that this will be a mute point come 2009 (season not class of.)

The Regions will in all likelyhood be realigned. For example, some of the 2-3A teams may move up, or down based on enrollment. Fulton & Catholic could wind up in 3-4A with Central, Powel, Clinton, etc. With continued population growth in Halls and Mville, those two could wind up in 5A which would obviously make room for those two. AE could possibly move down for the same reason which would give Alcoa some competition within region. Stone Memorial could very easily grow to a 4A school by that time, and LA, could move for geographical reasons further west within 3A. CAK could also move up to 3A based on population. Gatlinburg-Pitman could also move up. Obviously this is all speculation; however, it could play out like this:

Region 1-3A

Piegon Forge

Claiborne County

Rutledge

Union County

Scott County

Gatlinburg-Pitman

Region 2-3A

Carter

Gibbs

CAK

Anderson County

Kingston

Seymour

Who knows? But for 08, and perhaps 09, you are probably right. That 4A Region would be pretty tough with Central, Fulton, Catholic, West, Powel.....ahh for another thread on another day.

I hear the same thing. But AE will stay 2-3a. There has already been talk about it in Nashville. Gibbs and Seymour will balk at it but after the probelms the last 4 years I think they are going to do it that way.

The good thing about it is Coach Graham and Coach Coatney have pretty good relationship and respect for each other so I think they will continue to play each other. What would be region 2 AAAA be? That then would be the toughest region in the state.

QUOTE(boorelly @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:30 AM) 826414171[/snapback]I hear the same thing. But AE will stay 2-3a. There has already been talk about it in Nashville. Gibbs and Seymour will balk at it but after the probelms the last 4 years I think they are going to do it that way.

The good thing about it is Coach Graham and Coach Coatney have pretty good relationship and respect for each other so I think they will continue to play each other. What would be region 2 AAAA be? That then would be the toughest region in the state.

I don't think Fulton or Catholic will have a choice based on the #s. I think Fulton is close now, and Catholic has to be close with the mutiplier. I am sure you are right though that AE and Fulton would continue to play (rivalry, gate, etc). I would hope that Catholic would continue to play AE as well. That 4A Region would be tough with Central, West, Fulton, Catholic, Powell, Clinton and so on. I guess we would have to see where Halls and Muurville would wind up, if they left at all. Tough to get a playoff spot there.