Van Buren Co. vs. Forrest

WoodenFan

QUOTE(sowhat @ Jan 28 2007 - 10:10 PM) 826349833[/snapback]

No I don't think they do know the consequences. Forrest will be ok. I was giving your girls a compliment but you want to be cute and smart. There will be a rematch and you will be sorry like you said, bank on it.

Not looking to be cute or smart, just looking out for the girls and hoping they get a little respect for playing hard against a very good team.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(auntkim @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826348045[/snapback]

Sorry muffin, I do not remember it was 40-40 then went to overtime, believe they beat us by 3 or 4 points

Oh and WoodenFan, I know many ,many people who are at every game, we have great fans, but the trip to Van Buren requires leaving at 3:30- 4:00, and whether we like it or not sometimes work has got to come before basketball.......

I believe that we beat ya'll by 5.

QUOTE(SLEDGEHAMMER2 @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826348670[/snapback]

I guess we should apoligize for having too many fans at the game, for allowing Van Buren Cheerleaders to cheer to all Van Buren fans, and drowning out the Forrest cheerleaders with 3 Van Buren cheerleaders.

It isn't our fault our fans like to come and support our ball players. If our cheerleaders want to go to that side and cheer for our fans on the visitor's side, then I'm pretty sure, there isn't any law against it. I'm suprised by the turn out of your crowd tho. But, like it was stated before, ya'll probably already thought it was a win for the Forrest teams. I guess the MOUNTAIN proved you wrong! Welcome to Van Buren's court.

QUOTE(sowhat @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:14 PM) 826349745[/snapback]

Attention all Van Buren fans. You are the best supporters in the district! I wish our teams had the same turn out. I listened to the game, which I think hurts our turn out because we can sit in the comfort of our home instead of traveling. I should be ashamed, I know, but I couldn't leave work early. I know that the calls has been the issue for the lost, but I talked to one of the parents that was there and they said it was the no calls, for instance a walk call when actually a slap to the face occured. Whatever the reason or excuse, we lost and we must move on. Congrats to Van Buren enjoy it cause it will take more than bad calling to beat us again, you have probably awoken a giant. Good luck to all in the district, and this is your wake up call girls.

I don't believe we whined when ya'll beat us. The game was won fair and square. However, thanks for the compliment, but our girls went out there ready to play and they played with all they had left. We have had our downs, and this definately isn't one of them, but if we have awoken a giant, then we'll be waiting and we'll see what happens. I guess it was Forrest Girls' wake up call too because they are not, NOT undefeated.

Signed,

Goliath.

Agreed, for Van Buren to come out and play as they did was a strong showing for our District and for them as a team. And your right Dossman, when they lost their talented guard, a lot of teams figured to count them out. I had been looking at their games and when they beat Community, Cascade, Eagleville and MTCS....... it certainly gave an indication of how they have improved over the season. Good competition only serves to make teams better and when any of the teams in our District move on to Regions, we all better be ready to play our best.....Good luck to all and as always...GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!

QUOTE(Doyouthink? @ Jan 28 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826349811[/snapback]

The only thing Forrest needs to concern them selves about is with Collinwood OR Richland OR Summertown OR possibly Wayne Co. The rest was a bad night, no matter the reason. It means nada in the BIG picture.

I would add Moore County (if they get their players back and find some chemistry) and Santa Fe in that group.

Forrest will be fine. They will play their best when it means something.

Congrats to Van B on the win. I big win for the ladies. And to hear about such a great crowd supporting their team is, well, great.

I noticed one of the first to give congrats was a Forrest fan. Good sportmanship!!!!

QUOTE(muffin @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826350950[/snapback]

Did Clay Co. defeat Van Buren by 40 a week or two ago?

Well Muffin, Clay Co.actually defeated Van Buren by 30 a week or 2 ago.....but just to show how these games go sometimes, Van buren defeated Clay Co. at the beginning of the season. And you know as well as I do that any team can be beaten on any night no matter how good they are....that's what makes it so exciting