Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

The officials are there to enforce the rules, not to keep the penalties even. The chargers broke more rules and were justifiably penalized more. That shouldn't make it OK to break another one. Our coach questioned the fact that one of your players was going past the #'s to get the next play from their coach. (against the rules) We were wrongly penalized for that. We were penalized for roughing the center on a field goal when it appeared to me that we were blocked into him. (I could be wrong on that) One of your first downs was blown dead when one official thought the FB had the ball but the play stood and you were given the first down. The rule is that the play should have been a do-over. On one of our punts, an official practically had to jump over two players. (one of our coverage guys tackled by one of your defenders) No flag was thrown. I don't think the officials won the game for you, nor do I think that you got the short end of the stick just because you had more penalties. Your team outplayed ours and you guys won. I just think the final score doesn't accurately represent what our team is capable of. That's about all I have to say about the PAST game but if you would like to continue this discussion, start another thread and I'll meet you there. This thread is about "SEQUOYAH FOOTBALL"; not "LAST WEEKS GAME AT MCMINN".

Heard the Zebras got the Chiefs again. Good luck in Chattanooga against ER. Tough lesson for Summey and Gregory. Officiating in ET is very inconsistent at best.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative on the bad officiating. This was, in my opinion, one of the best called games I've seen this year. Of course there were a few calls that could have been made that weren't but that was on both sides of the ball. It seemed really even to me and I didn't hear anyone complaining about the officiating or the effort of the players. Those areas seemed fair and strong this week. Good luck to you guys this week and the rest of the season.

Go CHIEFS!!

Hey, just wondering what everybody thought about the Notre Dame game, I thought there was good effort, and that is one that they should have won. Notre Dame was a physical football team especially on defense and I was glad that we were not intimidated. There are a few little things that are still holding this team back and hopefully they can get it turned around. I am still disappointed in some of the play calling sometimes it looks really good and other times I have flashbacks from last year. The game against East Ridge could be the one where we finally get you no who in the endzone.

After what those boys have been through with the coaching changes these past few years, and especially with what I??™ve heard they went through the past two years, I get the feeling that they don??™t think they can win. I saw a lot of heart from them on Friday night when they were walking back to the locker room, heads hung low. They truly looked disappointed because they gave their all, which was apparent during the game. But I know that with the current coaching staff, that given time they can turn this program around. I just hate the seniors won??™t be around to reap the benefits. Webb had a great game carrying the ball and it surprised me that the coaches didn??™t use him more, especially in the fourth quarter and in over-time. But, I do hope that they continue to use him in the future, with his speed and Bower??™s strength they really will and already do make a difference. My fear, however, is that they along with other seniors are being overlooked since they won??™t be there next year.

After what those boys have been through with the coaching changes these past few years, and especially with what I??™ve heard they went through the past two years, I get the feeling that they don??™t think they can win. I saw a lot of heart from them on Friday night when they were walking back to the locker room, heads hung low. They truly looked disappointed because they gave their all, which was apparent during the game. But I know that with the current coaching staff, that given time they can turn this program around. I just hate the seniors won??™t be around to reap the benefits. Webb had a great game carrying the ball and it surprised me that the coaches didn??™t use him more, especially in the fourth quarter and in over-time. But, I do hope that they continue to use him in the future, with his speed and Bower??™s strength they really will and already do make a difference. My fear, however, is that they along with other seniors are being overlooked since they won??™t be there next year.

I would love to see Webb run the ball more often, he makes the most out of the least amount of carries. GO CHIEFS!

Is there a convoy going to East Ridge Friday? I don't know the way,and would like to follow someone if possible. If there is a crew going,let me know where to meet and what time please. Thanks! Good effort against ND that fell just short. Coulda,woulda,shoulda,on to East Ridge. Good luck,Chiefs,keep your head up and the increased effort. No JV game this week,so plenty of prep time for the next one. Hang in there,no one said it would be easy.

Great game to both teams. Very fun to watch, albit a bit disappointing. But some things just aren't meant to be.

A note to any ND parent, fan, player or coach reading this: Me and a friend stayed after the game waiting to find his brother. We saw Caleb Bowers talking to who I presume was his mom. A Notre Dame player came up to him, and shaked his hand and told him he played good.

This was after the game, and there was no reason for him to do this. It was just out of sportsmanship and respect. I have much more respect for the Notre Dame program due to this. Good job to you guys, and gl.

I would love to see Webb run the ball more often, he makes the most out of the least amount of carries. GO CHIEFS!

Webb did a good job the other night, but I do feel both his long runs should have been scores. Fresh legs against a fatigued defense makes people stand out late in a game. White and Bowers had the defense sucking air late in the third quarter and when he went in with fresh legs he had success. With Coach Summey the best players are playing. So it is not up to us the fans and parents to go questioning playing time.

Webb did a good job the other night, but I do feel both his long runs should have been scores. Fresh legs against a fatigued defense makes people stand out late in a game. White and Bowers had the defense sucking air late in the third quarter and when he went in with fresh legs he had success. With Coach Summey the best players are playing. So it is not up to us the fans and parents to go questioning playing time.

OK I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying, i just simply stated that I would like to Webb run more. Everytime he touches the ball, it just seems like positive things happen when he touches the ball, not just on offense but returns also, so please dont think I was putting bowers and superstar down because I know what they can do. And I hope to God that none of our coaches are here listening to these bleacher coaches (and yes that means me also).

OK I think your misunderstanding what I'm saying, i just simply stated that I would like to Webb run more. Everytime he touches the ball, it just seems like positive things happen when he touches the ball, not just on offense but returns also, so please dont think I was putting bowers and superstar down because I know what they can do. And I hope to God that none of our coaches are here listening to these bleacher coaches (and yes that means me also).

The coaches hopefully don,t listen to the bleacher coaches on here., but odds are the kids do. You should be ashamed of getting on here and making a statement like that. This has been a problem in these 2 towns for way to long. Constant excuses or blaming! We need to back off and let the coaches do their jobs. There is no doubt that these coaches want to win and that they are trying to do that. Even if i disagree with something they do it is their call and I need to respect that. We don't know all that they do, like if a kid went the wrong way, or missed a assainment. or is not going hard all the time, or maybe not blocking like he should when he does'nt have the ball, or maybe does'nt know all the plays on "O" or "D". This list can go on and on. These are things the coaches see that we don't. Here is what i do see. This team is getting better every week. When I watch this team compared to the last couple of years there is a big difference. We are improving. Keep working hard boys and listen to your coaches and not us.

To say that both of his long runs should have been scores, sounds like you think he didn't do his best or someone else would have done better and I don't believe either of those scenarios. I agree with you about Webb doing a good job carrying the ball, but to say that he came in with fresh legs is wrong. Webb plays almost 100% on defense and, according to at least one of the coaches, about 50% on offense. He doesn't get many carries but he's out there on the field running pass routes, blocking, and covering receivers on defense about 75% of the total game. He was out there with White and Bowers and played a part in having the defense "sucking air". I don't think dumdum was questioning playing time. Webb was hot Friday night but we didn't get a chance to see it until late in the game. I think everyone I talked to, after the game was wondering why he made 3 great carries in a row (3 carries for 56 yards) and didn't touch the ball again; especially when we really needed a score. It's easy to look back, after a game, and wonder why or why not. We have to accept and believe that the coaches are doing what they feel is best for the team this year.

GO CHIEFS!!!

The coaches hopefully don,t listen to the bleacher coaches on here., but odds are the kids do. You should be ashamed of getting on here and making a statement like that. This has been a problem in these 2 towns for way to long. Constant excuses or blaming! We need to back off and let the coaches do their jobs. There is no doubt that these coaches want to win and that they are trying to do that. Even if i disagree with something they do it is their call and I need to respect that. We don't know all that they do, like if a kid went the wrong way, or missed a assainment. or is not going hard all the time, or maybe not blocking like he should when he does'nt have the ball, or maybe does'nt know all the plays on "O" or "D". This list can go on and on. These are things the coaches see that we don't. Here is what i do see. This team is getting better every week. When I watch this team compared to the last couple of years there is a big difference. We are improving. Keep working hard boys and listen to your coaches and not us.

I didn't see any "excuses or blaming" or any separation of the "two towns" in dumdum's post and I don't know why wanting to see Webb run the ball more is such an awful statement that one should feel shame for making it. I think we have a better coaching staff now than we have had in "many" years, but I don't think they're perfect. Nobody is! I hope they do read this thread. Most of us don't have a direct line into the inner circle of coaches. I wish Coach Summey would ask me, in person, privately, what I think about the progress that has been made and what I think about the team in general. That's probably not going to happen. A lot of people use coacht to express ideas or feelings anonymously, that they are afraid to go to the coach with.(not me, I think I've been pretty obvious from the beginning and everyone knows who I am) They don't want their son punished for what they have said. I don't think we have that problem under the current staff but I'm sure it has been a problem in the past. Occasionally, someone gets a little to rude or harsh and says things that shouldn't be said. (myself included) It's an open forum and we do have freedom of speech. If I offend you; I'm sorry. I do agree with you about the team getting consistently better.