Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

Did anyone else walk out Friday thinking we should have won or the game should have been alot closer. Its the little things that we need to continue to work on and I know Coach Summey and the rest of the staff will continue to work hard and get prepared for Tellico. I'm looking for revenge Friday Night, just hope we hang onto the ball unlike last year versus the bears (7 turnovers)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another tough lost against East Ridge, looked good at times and was impressed with the freshman QB that came in and played the last series his future looks bright. This team in my mind has come a long way, but it still is not will it needs to be. I hope Coach Summey will continue to work them hard and challenge the kids to get better. We need to find some players that really want to play and really wants to hit somebody. There are several kids out there that give us a reason to be hopeful.

Hey Slobber, The Freshman QB does look really good in his mechanics, I think his name is Rogers, the kid has some skills. I've seen him in JV games, some games hes on fire and some games he struggles but overall they do well considering there are a handful of freshman and sophmores on the varsity squad. I was impressed with the passing game of the JV. They still struggle running the regular offense but when they pass it just looks smooth.

East Ridge is awful. This is just a weak conference from top to bottom. They couldn't do nothing against McMinn Central. Where this conference will show that it is weak is when the playoffs start. See how long these teams last. Not long. Maybe they need to go ahead and play a different qb this season is already shot already anyway.

East Ridge is awful. This is just a weak conference from top to bottom. They couldn't do nothing against McMinn Central. Where this conference will show that it is weak is when the playoffs start. See how long these teams last. Not long. Maybe they need to go ahead and play a different qb this season is already shot already anyway.

I agree now the rest of this year can be used to sort things out for next year, see who is ready to play and who is not.

I agree now the rest of this year can be used to sort things out for next year, see who is ready to play and who is not.

That's right, lets forget about trying to win any games this year and finishing the season with any dignity at all. Screw the seniors. It won't matter anyway. They've been jerked around since they were freshmen. What's a few more games? Let's just give up on this group and start thinking about next year.

I DISAGREE!!!!

This team deserves more. These seniors deserve more. They've hung in there when almost all of their classmates have quit. Now is not the time to turn our backs on them. This is likely their last opportunity to play football. Let's not jerk the rug out from under them now. I would like to see things come together and progress made but not at the expense of the few seniors who have stuck it out. They should be built up; not torn down. That's when things will improve. Positive reinforcement goes a long way. Have you ever seen a dog that's been kicked around all of it's life? That's what I would feel like if I were a senior on this team right now!

That's right, lets forget about trying to win any games this year and finishing the season with any dignity at all. Screw the seniors. It won't matter anyway. They've been jerked around since they were freshmen. What's a few more games? Let's just give up on this group and start thinking about next year.

I DISAGREE!!!!

This team diserves more. These seniors diserve more. They've hung in there when almost all of their classmates have quit. Now is not the time to turn our backs on them. This is likely their last opportunity to play football. Let's not jerk the rug out from under them now. I would like to see things come together and progress made but not at the expense of the few seniors who have stuck it out. They should be built up; not torn down. That's when things will improve. Positive reinforcement goes a long way. Have you ever seen a dog that's been kicked around all of it's life? That's what I would feel like if I were a senior on this team right now!

I agree with you. They deserve the chance to finish. It is so funny that people are always so quick to blamed the seniors, the QB and the coaches. My goodness people you would think that you would have learned your lessons by now. School been there 11 years and had 6 head coaches. You never give people time to accomplish anything. It is so funny that you first blame coaches, then kids, then the moon isn't aligned right, etc. Why don't you accept the fact that Rome wasn't built in a day and that good things take time. Funny how as soon as the coaches leave there they become successful or have been successful before they got there. Sounds to me like you should all join together and get behind the kids and support, not try and run the team. You have good kids there and it is funny to sit back and watch Coach Summey deal with the same problems the coaches before him have had to deal with. You should never involve the kids in this discussion. As far as that goes you should never down anyone on here. People make mistakes and as long as they learn from them then mistakes are okay. Funny how this season is such a mirror image of 2 years ago isn't it. When you start over every two or three years that is what you should expect. Good luck Chiefs and I wish you well.

I DISAGREE!!!!

This team diserves more. These seniors diserve more. They've hung in there when almost all of their classmates have quit. Now is not the time to turn our backs on them. This is likely their last opportunity to play football. Let's not jerk the rug out from under them now. I would like to see things come together and progress made but not at the expense of the few seniors who have stuck it out. They should be built up; not torn down. That's when things will improve. Positive reinforcement goes a long way. Have you ever seen a dog that's been kicked around all of it's life? That's what I would feel like if I were a senior on this team right now!

I never said bench the seniors and play the underclassmen and not try to win the last few games, no I said see who is ready to play and who is not ready to play next year that can easily be done and still play the seniors who have stuck it out. But there is tallent in the underclassmen I do not think anyone will disagree with that. But in closing if a senior is not making an impact after 3.5 years, then he is probably not going to do it with 5 games left.

I never said bench the seniors and play the underclassmen and not try to win the last few games, no I said see who is ready to play and who is not ready to play next year that can easily be done and still play the seniors who have stuck it out. But there is tallent in the underclassmen I do not think anyone will disagree with that. But in closing if a senior is not making an impact after 3.5 years, then he is probably not going to do it with 5 games left.

I still dont understand because isn't most of the varsity already underclassman? The seniors that are playing are making a impact, in my opinion. There are a few seniors who hardly get in. The JV program we have are developing the players just fine. I think bamma makes some good points, these seniors have had three head coaches and if your one of those kids thats tough. I think we had a AD in the past that did everything he could to keep football down (again my opinion). For those to come back there senior year after what they have been through, I applaud them, and give them every opportunity they can get.

Once again...My Bad. When you said, "now the rest of the year can be used to sort things out for next year", I assumed you meant we should give up on winning any games this year and just look to the future. I don't think it's a bad idea to put some of the younger players in for a few plays here and there to see how they do. A couple of games back, they stuck the Helms kid in because of an injury and I was very impressed with what I saw, but my "football vision" isn't always in line with others'. I didn't notice last week, if he had kept the position or not. I also think that if the good efforts were noticed once in a while, the boys would have more pride and enthusiasm. I know you can't notice and comment on every good play a player makes, but some seem to get no recognition until they make a mistake. (they all make mistakes)

Once again...My Bad. When you said, "now the rest of the year can be used to sort things out for next year", I assumed you meant we should give up on winning any games this year and just look to the future. I don't think it's a bad idea to put some of the younger players in for a few plays here and there to see how they do. A couple of games back, they stuck the Helms kid in because of an injury and I was very impressed with what I saw, but my "football vision" isn't always in line with others'. I didn't notice last week, if he had kept the position or not. I also think that if the good efforts were noticed once in a while, the boys would have more pride and enthusiasm. I know you can't notice and comment on every good play a player makes, but some seem to get no recognition until they make a mistake. (they all make mistakes)

Several youngsters have made an impact this year,but the seniors have stepped up. Overall,I know it is hard to be happy losing,but I can see the progress. One good thing,the kids are still playing hard,practicing hard,and seem to have a good attitude. Each game brings a little more improvement. You are right,they all make mistakes,and getting to the point of limiting them is the goal. I do think some of the youngsters in key positions need to be in there getting experience. I have always thought if you have a freshman who is as good as a jr. or sr. now,play the freshman,because the upside is greater. Just my opinion,mind you. I certainly have no complaints with our seniors,they have left it all on the field. As a matter of fact,I am not disappointed in the kids at all. This year has been a good learning year for all of them. Some have really stepped up as leaders on the field and in the locker room. Go Chiefs!

Does anyone know if a caravan is heading to Grundy County this week or how long it takes to get there/

I checked Yahoo Maps and it is 2 1/2 hours to Grundy. I assume there will be a caravan, but don't know when. Will let you know if I hear through the Booster Club.

FYI, if you want to print your own directions, the address is Highway 108, Coalmont, TN 37313.

KEEP GOing CHIEFS!